New Classifieds Feedback and Bug Hunting

proffrink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, proffrink said:

Alright.

The menu is in a drop down on mobile by the way (top right). Are you wanting a menu on mobile at the top that doesn't require hitting those three stripes?

For everyone:

Is anyone else struggling to see the menu? I might look at doing a secondary colour scheme if there's interest.

See, when you design it it seems obvious, but how is anyone else meant to know to click those three stripes? 😉

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Supporters

Random thought:

Scrolling to the end of a wall-o-text advert to find "Collection only" right at the bottom can get a bit tiresome.

Could collection/postage options be a mandatory field that appears near the top, and ideally in the summary so that we can skip such ads altogether?

While I'm dreaming, obliging sellers to add an explicit postage price if they're offering postage might save a lot of pointless "ow much?" questions as well.  They're going to have to think about it eventually, it helps everyone if they do so up front.

• Root Admin

Big 'maybe' to both of the above for the reasons outlined previously in this thread: Making it more arduous to post classifieds on here might be associated with a slight increase in browsing experience for forum-users, but I'm sceptical that it won't have an adverse effect on the volume of adverts that we actually get. We already have the most strict advertising requirements of any place I know of in the UK and they're moderated quite closely to ensure those rules are enforced.

Just not something I'm able to quantify with any accuracy, but I'd be happy to have my arm twisted into doing something if there's agreement on these changes. @Jedi_Master?

• Head Moderator

@proffrink Of the two ideas I am more in favour of the option for dropdown field "Posted only / Collection only / Post or Collection" when creating the advert so that it is obvious, maybe the next line under price.  However, as a layman I do not appreciate the complexities of making a simple change to the advert software for the sake of user convenience.  Most sellers fill in the advert with full details and good quality pictures, whilst only a few do a poor job of creating an advert. Adding an additional mandatory field may put off a few sellers who cannot be bothered to make the effort but I do not think it should adversely volume of traffic.

Regarding the listing of RRP, I think that is a non-starter.  I consider it the buyer's responsibility to do their own due diligence.  

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Add a 'my adverts' section to the mobile website under the Classifieds section.

Would upload a screenshot but my stupid phone is having a paddy due to low memory or some shit. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

When submitting feedback in Classifieds the auto-complete section only lists adverts you've created. Could this be expanded to a forum-wide search or just have it so you can post the URL? 

Archived