New Classifieds Feedback and Bug Hunting

proffrink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

For now I've disabled the need to bind an advert to your feedback whilst I look into this. Thanks for reporting guys.

Should be able to leave your feedback now (even if it's not related to a specific advert).

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator

I am still removing all sold (completed) adverts that are more than 7 days old, so people need to leave feedback before the 7 days is up.

• Root Admin

I can just have it hide those threads from search results/the tiles if you'd prefer @Jedi_Master?

Else it will cause issues for people trying to leave feedback after that week I feel. Also perhaps continuity issues for those looking into someone's feedback history.

Edit:

There, disabled 'completed' adverts from showing in results. They should disappear from the blocks too, but right now the 'random from the past week' keeps resetting itself to showing everything (and not just the last 7 days). It's really weird so I'm just trying to figure it out at the moment. You might see old adverts there, but take my word that they won't be long term.

Ok so I'm very mixed on it. I both like it and loathe it. On one hand its very pretty and flashy and hip and newfangled looking and all the kids probably love it. Im old and hate change. I find the forum post method to be much easier to browse through.

That being said it does have some very nice features, especially the map showing where the gun is. All too many times people will put "local collection available/only" but not actually put where they are. Or Ill think "ooh thats a bargain... collection only... and its in Glasgow, nevermind" 

Im not quite sure why some ads display the price under the pic on the main screen so you can quickly see the price and some dont, is price not a mandatory box to fill?

As has been said before, I think there needs to be some refinement in the sub-sections, particularly the lack of a shotgun catagory confused me (it took me ages to figure out shotguns are "Spring - Single Action", Id suggest renaming it to shotguns to avoid confusion perhaps?)

• Root Admin

I believe only the 'wanted' ads will allow no price to be added. That could be the issue.

The categories are being restructured. Likely shotguns will simply go in an 'other' section given their relatively low volume, but that's to be decided. Agree that the spring single action makes very little sense.

Take a look here as we discussed it in this very thread.

• Supporters

Think this one may just be me being a little picky... but I’ll say it anyway.

With the bump rule, I know it’s 7 days, but could it not be relaxed down to 6 1/2 days. I know that’s kinda specific any everything, but if I list an item at 6:50 pm on a Friday night, I can’t bump it till 6:50:01 next Friday night, but if I’m going to be busy at that time I can’t bump it till the next morning, then you lose 12 hours  and won’t be able to rebump till say 7:50 next Saturday morning.

Basically, could we just rebump on a given day, so advertise on the Friday, bump on the Friday, any time.

Hope this makes sense, bit groggy, and I know, extremely picky.

• Root Admin

Hm, at this point I'm wondering what a bump is in the context of the new classifieds. The 'expired' label doesn't hide your listing, but I do think it discourages people from buying - indeed it's there to make people think 'oh, this is an older thread'. I'm sure there's a better way of wording it, or perhaps hiding the 'expired' tag altogether. I'm not sure if the solution is shortening the time you have to bump as what does that really add? It allows you to put your listing higher 12 hours early overnight?

Then again, I can't see a huge issue with it beyond 6 days being a bit of a strange number.

• Supporters

Dunno if it's been said already, the new "one touch offer button", the following subscreen only has one box in it, to enable a numerical offer, no comments option, I'm an "all in" kinda bloke, I don't want to have an offer accepted, only for the seller to then quibble about PayPal fees & postage, think it would be better to be able to add that to a comment box & save faffing about later, especially when some sellers are fine with covering a fivers (or a lot more ?) postage, but then get all pissy about less than a quids worth of fees.......

wtf's that about ?

cheers

mark

I would love to see a 40mm section for grenades and launchers and perhaps another section for hand grenades. But that might be because ive gone 40mm crazy since the start of last year.

10 hours ago, proffrink said:

I'll be throwing up the new sections likely tomorrow. 40mms will probably just go in an 'other' section I'm afraid.

Is there going be a "Dreamers" selling section?

Although I like the format of the new classifieds, I'm finding the quantity of expired ads to be somewhat irritating - to the point it puts me off looking a lot of the time.
It's like Bullseye's "look at what you could have won"......
Is there any way of slinging all the expired ads together somewhere in their own category, so they don't dilute the number of active ads?
That way they'd still be available for resurrection if required and would remain searchable?

Pretty please? Wivacherryonatop? 😄

• Root Admin

I think the bigger issue is that 'expired' shouldn't really mean 'expired' - it just means it's not been bumped in a bit. Need to make the wording less harsh perhaps to the point where it's not even clear if an advert is expired at all.

'Completed' is different of course, but those should get hidden as soon as they are.

• Root Admin

I believe we were discussing this a couple of pages ago and I landed on something similar. Basically just want people to think 'oh, it's not been bumped in a bit' but nothing more.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll see what I can do about it over the weekend.

16 minutes ago, proffrink said:

I believe we were discussing this a couple of pages ago and I landed on something similar. Basically just want people to think 'oh, it's not been bumped in a bit' but nothing more.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll see what I can do about it over the weekend.

Failing that; Not sold as unsold is a weird ass word.

23 minutes ago, proffrink said:

I think the bigger issue is that 'expired' shouldn't really mean 'expired' - it just means it's not been bumped in a bit. Need to make the wording less harsh perhaps to the point where it's not even clear if an advert is expired at all.

'Completed' is different of course, but those should get hidden as soon as they are.

How about, instead of expired, still available?

21 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

How about, instead of expired, still available?

Misinformation, the seller may have let it lapse because they either forget or decide to not sell it. This would imply it is available when it may not be.

• Supporters

The classifieds sub section has disappeared  . There is no way to access it from the home page. 

Or or am I being blind?

80D7D1EC-DD3E-4C8B-8719-8B9DA885D706.png

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Prisce said:

The classifieds sub section has disappeared  . There is no way to access it from the home page. 

Or or am I being blind?

@proffrink made changes last night so may just be an small adjustment to settings required.

The old Classifieds have now been archived, you can still see the last month of activity but topics are locked.

https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/17-classifieds-archive/

I can see that new Classifieds section has also moved in with the old section and so is also archived but the link is live

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/

• Supporters

Or or am I being blind?

Switch to desktop view if you can't see it. Just until a patch comes out. 

• Supporters

Having trouble with certain threads where I can’t actually see the video, and it’s taking 3 times the size of the screen to actually get to see the play sign.

D4DE2E94-3144-480E-848A-4DA7BF05D718.png

• Head Moderator
9 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Having trouble with certain threads where I can’t actually see the video, and it’s taking 3 times the size of the screen to actually get to see the play sign.

Get a bigger screen and use a computer, simples 😛. Cannot assist with any issues pertaining to mobile telephony; mine still has a battery the size of an ammo tin and a coiled wire handset.  This is proffrink’s territory.

• Root Admin
4 hours ago, Prisce said:

D4DE2E94-3144-480E-848A-4DA7BF05D718.png

That looks completely fucked. Could you do me a favour and try another browser (Chrome, Firefox etc.) and see what that does? This doesn't look normal at all as it should be resizing media to the size of your screen (up to ~800px or something).

Also not classifieds related but hey :)

Archived