New Classifieds Feedback and Bug Hunting

proffrink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Personally I'd like to avoid too many categories. ZeroIn - if you ask me - has too many categories (certainly for the volume of listings we get here), and is akin to what you're saying.

3 hours ago, proffrink said:

Because I'm seeing shotguns and sniper rifles go in strange places (as suggested before by others as being a problem), but don't think that going all out SMGs, Rifles, Pistols, Support Weapons, Sniper Rifles, Other etc. is worth it.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator
28 minutes ago, Duff said:

I think shotguns should be their own category because you only get spring or gas powered.

My TM SGR-12 shotgun is an AEG, semi and full auto.

• Root Admin

You've had to deal with this mess for a while, Jedi. What're you thinking? I know we hastily did the current ones so any tweaks?

On 4/14/2018 at 5:58 PM, rocketdogbert said:

I get confused easily too, does that help?:)

Seriously, on iOS on my phone all the ads are cut on half in preview,  so it’s almost impossible to see what’s for sale. :(

I'll look into this. Are you able to drop me a screenshot here or in a PM?

On 4/14/2018 at 3:37 PM, sonofsammo said:

The completed thing confused me too, as adverts state FOR SALE, but say completed.
With no mention of SOLD.
For example:

So does completed mean sold?

Well it means 'sold', but it also means 'found' or 'bought' (in the case of swaps or 'looking for gun' listings). In theory we could have one for each, but I feel that's unnecessary extra verbiage for a small amount of information. However, we could change the colour to grey or something for 'completed' listings so it's more obvious. We could also discuss the wording of 'completed' too so it's more obvious? Maybe 'closed'?

• Supporters

Psst, being able to set your listing under multiple categories, psst. ;)

Would make it a hell of a lot easier to decide where to put it!

• Head Moderator
1 minute ago, Gepard said:

Psst, being able to set your listing under multiple categories, psst. ;)

I understand what you mean but probably not a good idea because it will get harder to spot those members who post duplicate topics (or worse those who attempt promoting their sale to the detriment of all the members who follow the rules).  Much simpler to just have a topic in a single category, sales topic if swap/sale, than spread all over.  The forum allows a single sales topic for collections, even though it would be more helpful to split sales topics into their own category. 

2 hours ago, proffrink said:

You've had to deal with this mess for a while, Jedi. What're you thinking? I know we hastily did the current ones so any tweaks?

I'll look into this. Are you able to drop me a screenshot here or in a PM?

Well it means 'sold', but it also means 'found' or 'bought' (in the case of swaps or 'looking for gun' listings). In theory we could have one for each, but I feel that's unnecessary extra verbiage for a small amount of information. However, we could change the colour to grey or something for 'completed' listings so it's more obvious. We could also discuss the wording of 'completed' too so it's more obvious? Maybe 'closed'?

Closed would be good.
AS would the removal of the " For Sale" in green - is there anyway to change that to closed/ended, once it's done?
Just something so that once a listing's over and you're scanning the classifieds, you know you can skip it...

Too many drill downs makes it unweildy.

Don't know about others, but sometime I search for an item rather than navigating so when you see the results list it is less obvious something is sold.

If the forum can't handle puttign Sold, maybe put sold diagonally accross the image when you are moving the entry?  Though depending on the number of sales, might become a full time job!

Cheers

G

• Root Admin
On 4/13/2018 at 11:40 AM, proffrink said:

Not sure how we can make that much more clear :S

It's locked to messages, says sold in a banner at the top and is marked completed. Maybe some scrolling blinking text? But seriously, any suggestions? I'm afraid I don't know what do do in this regard, @L3wisD.

@New2Airsoft Are you able to reply to the above in the thread regarding the bumping? What're your thoughts?

Also I've done this so that at least two lines of the title show:

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-04-13-11-47-27.png

Can only assume you think this is perfection beyond perfection then @New2Airsoft :) I'll leave it as it is for now.

I made an offer on something which I suspect has expired today. But when I select "My offer" from the menu I just get "Something went wrong. Please try again."

I'd like to contact the seller to say my offer is still open. Is this possible?

Just now, proffrink said:

Could of course click their name and PM them in the short term, but I agree that this is a bit silly. I'll take a look.

Thankfully I saved the URL on my PC at home, but searching didn't return results - probably because it's expired and I didn't make a note of the sellers name.

So I found it now, but only because of the favourite I saved.

1 hour ago, proffrink said:

Ah. Expired listings should still show up, but they won't get onto the front page.

Do you have that URL to hand?

PM'd

• Supporters

On an advert there's a link to the 'discussion' area of a listing. Except you can't actually comment anything there. 

• Root Admin

That will be removed when/if we keep/ditch the new classifieds. Right now it makes a thread too just in case we drop it (for continuity purposes). There won't be a discussion topic in the future.

47 minutes ago, warlord said:

PM'd

Thanks.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

One thing I've just happened upon @proffrink...

I sold something that was expired (the Nuprol rail).

I wanted to mark it as sold/completed, but couldn't unless I renewed the advert.

This bumps it to the top as a fresh advert unnecessarily. And might give my buyer a fright that I'm relisting something they've bought.

Is there a way to see if we can complete an expired advert?

Not sure if already mentioned. Appears classifieds appears twice 

Edit: they are different things, one is for my own things and one is to see the market. Confused for a moment 

Screenshot_20180430-234501.png

Again, this could have been mentioned but using my phone, I click on advert when leaving feedback and can only do what I previously bought from someone else

For example, bought a motor from @L3wisD and left feedback fine.

Bought holo sight from @Gimli but can only select the motor from Lewis so posted that but would like to change to holo

• Root Admin

Hm. Are you able to provide a screenshot of the screen with your feedback options on? I.e. where it's only letting you leave feedback on one of the two things?

It's possible this is down to the seller not marking the item up as sold/not putting your name on the feedback, but I will check. Thanks.

PS.thumb.png.cd44942e73d3039903c825d30bf09b42.png

21 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Hm. Are you able to provide a screenshot of the screen with your feedback options on? I.e. where it's only letting you leave feedback on one of the two things?

It's possible this is down to the seller not marking the item up as sold/not putting your name on the feedback, but I will check. Thanks.

Archived