New Classifieds Feedback and Bug Hunting

proffrink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Root Admin

So when your advert expires it's not hidden, but it is marked as 'expired'. Perhaps we could make it a little less harsh than 'expired'? I'm not sure which word we could use in its place.

It then won't show up in the top listings, but it is still there to be seen (I'm logged out in the screen shot just to check it works for guests too). Hopefully this is in line with what you're talking about @New2Airsoft?

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-04-12-11-22-55.png

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-04-12-11-24-44.png

Just now, proffrink said:

Still sounds as harsh to me though. Something along the lines of 'old listing' is what I'm thinking - doesn't mean it's expired/gone off; just that it's not been looked at in a bit.

You're just a sensitive soul my dear... :D

How about defining them as Active or Inactive listings?

• Root Admin

It's not so much that as it is deterring people looking at a listing. We want every ability for an author to get their listing sold/traded, so anyone interpreting 'expired' as 'oh, so it's not available anymore?' is a bad thing.

2 minutes ago, proffrink said:

It's not so much that as it is deterring people looking at a listing. We want every ability for an author to get their listing sold/traded, so anyone interpreting 'expired' as 'oh, so it's not available anymore?' is a bad thing.

True. I mean you could have 3 conditions of the advert; For Sale, Sold, Unsold. I guess after 7 days or whathaveyou... it goes from For Sale to Unsold until the OP relists it or marks it as Sold.

Just an idea... I'm bored and sikc at home and my brain won't shut down!

• Root Admin

Again the problem is that we don't want someone visiting and thinking that an item is 'gone' and can't be bought - the word should simply reflect that the listing is old. Literally 'old' is the best I think I can come up with so far that reflect this. We don't want to imply that an item/listing is unavailable as this could mean a sale lost. That's not what the classifieds should do.

I suppose one answer is to just put nothing at all but let it slip down the listings.

The onus to keep their listing active should be on the seller and not the listing system.

I suppose something like:"This listing is x days old/weeks old" could potentially work?

• Supporters

I think what would put a user off more than anything is seeing a listing, sending a PM and then getting no response.

Which is why I think an 'old' listing should be hidden temporarily until the seller bumps the post. Whether that be 8 days or 10 - just to give the seller the chance before it's hidden from the feed to bump it. 

How many people put something up to sell here and then either forget about it or sell it somewhere else and don't bother to update the listing? 

It just clutters up the classifieds with inactive adverts. 

Any sold or unsold listings could be put in their own little section of the classifieds - Just to keep it clean.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Has there been any plans to change the wording of a "completed" advert to "Sold"

I've sold the torch I've advertised. Completed it, but still getting enquiries asking if it's still available. I'm not sure if it's clear enough?

AspUeUm.jpg

• Root Admin

Not sure how we can make that much more clear :S

It's locked to messages, says sold in a banner at the top and is marked completed. Maybe some scrolling blinking text? But seriously, any suggestions? I'm afraid I don't know what do do in this regard, @L3wisD.

@New2Airsoft Are you able to reply to the above in the thread regarding the bumping? What're your thoughts?

Also I've done this so that at least two lines of the title show:

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-04-13-11-47-27.png

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

The completed thing confused me too, as adverts state FOR SALE, but say completed.
With no mention of SOLD.
For example:

So does completed mean sold?

I get confused easily too, does that help?:)

Seriously, on iOS on my phone all the ads are cut on half in preview,  so it’s almost impossible to see what’s for sale. :(

• Head Moderator

I think that sales adverts need to say SOLD in bold clear letters. It should be idiot proof, especially if the sales topic is locked. 

Under our old Classifieds, I leave any sold topics for 7 days so that the sold item is still visible but locked, just in case it needs relisting due to failed sale. After 7 days the topic is removed to stop it cluttering up the listings and to make searching easier.

I still believe that a good seller will check his sales topics and give them regular bumps to show that are still for sale. That is why I delete any sales topic that the seller has not bumped for 3 months. It is definitely the responsibility of the seller to make the effort, and should not rely on an automated bump system, or the forum. Too many sellers also forget to mark sales as SOLD which means their dead sales topic is cluttering up the listings and wasting other members' time.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

I think that sales adverts need to say SOLD in bold clear letters. It should be idiot proof, especially if the sales topic is locked. 

In before pms of 'SFS?'

19 hours ago, Gepard said:

In before pms of 'SFS?'

Inb4 you reply yes and receive no further comms from user....

• Root Admin

I'm thinking we add an 'other' and simply categorise by power type (with the exception being HPA)?

• Electric
    • Rifles
    • Pistols
    • Other
  • Gas
    • Rifles
    • Pistols
    • Other
  • Spring
    • Rifles
    • Pistols
    • Other
  • HPA
  • Parts & Gear
    • Parts
    • Gear
  • Swaps Only
  • Guns Wanted
  • Parts & Gear Wanted

Because I'm seeing shotguns and sniper rifles go in strange places (as suggested before by others as being a problem), but don't think that going all out SMGs, Rifles, Pistols, Support Weapons, Sniper Rifles, Other etc. is worth it.

I think shotguns should be their own category because you only get spring or gas powered.

Mind you a HPA powered S12K would kinda pwn!

• Root Admin

Certainly are HPA tapped shotties about. My concern is more for intuitiveness and keeping the categories formatted as similarly as possible.

There is also the TM AA12 for AEGs, but the few and far between-ness for shotguns, sniper rifles, LMGs, UGLs etc. would be why I'd advocate for an 'other'.

What about simple?

Gas Elec Spring

Then pistol, shotgun, smg, AR, DMR, sniper etc

Or is that how it is currently?

Archived