WeaponCrates is officially gone

Whompa73
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'd definitely be interested in hearing what you've heard locally @PrinskipperSkipple.

So small update from me, still not refund and now im getting completely ignored by Mr Grierson. I've already raised a dispute with my bank and the fraud team are now involved. If this fails, il be going down legal avenues.

Just to reassure people, dissolving the company will take time and it isnt straight forward. It would take time for this to happen and couldn't be done overnight. Personally, im giving the bank time to do what they need to do as my payment was made via card and is covered under protections, failing this, il be progressing with small claims 100%.

I urge you all owed money to stick with it and if it comes to it, take legal action. The fact as shown by this thread is he owes quite a few people money and that's just what we know about. Im also willing to bet everyone has had the same broken promises and clear lies me and others have seen.

I will quite happily take him through court if required purely out of principle at this point. Doesn't matter to me even if it was £10 and not the £450 odd he owes me.

Out of curiosity, has anyone filed with small claims yet?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Root Admin

PM'd you @PrinskipperSkipple - for anyone interested (as there's been a few of you now) these are my personal dealings with him in the past and will speak to his character more than this specific situation. Offering it up as I've just had a strangely coincidental series of run-ins with him for going on 10 years now.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, scenezx said:

Just to reassure people, dissolving the company will take time and it isnt straight forward.

1 form, 2 months, and £10.  He's done it 3 times already, and I'd fully expect his next DS01 to be on the way to Companies House.

Yes, if he's been actively trading he "can't" just dissolve it.  In practice, the serial shitshow shenanigans that went on unpunished at my previous employer firmly convince me that the laws on this are treated as more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules.

<Ayn Rand>

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”

“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”

</Ayn Rand>

Well latest update is Zac will be getting a nice letter tomorrow advising if it's not resolved in 7 days I will be filing small claims against him. 

On a side note saw something interesting, looks like weaponcrates isn't dead and is making a comeback. Positive sign for those that are owed money.

Who wants to bet he's relaunching because he's in the shit financially?

Screenshot_20180418-123945.png

As I've posted repeatedly - don't wait ! :D

It's a matter of minutes to raise an online Claim via Small Claims Court , any delay in sorting it out just allows him more time to keep hold of the funds that he owes.

From what I've seen/been given information on then this is nothing new for Mr Grierson.

So don't be too surprised if the "New & Shiny Weaponcrates Mk. II " is something along the same lines as its predecessor.

@Rogerborg - Kudos for the Ayn Rand quote, Most impressed ;-)

@Archer Already in the motions with legal action. Come next Thursday once the 7 days have passed if I don't have any response the small claims will be raised. I do agree though, there's no point in trying to get your money back from them, they've made it very clear they aren't going to pay anyone out without courts being involved.

• Supporters

I'm loving the "WC2 WILL BE INVITE ONLY" bollocks, translates to :

"if Zachary owes you money, or has fucked you before, then your names not down your not coming in"

what a crock of shit, the more posts I see on this turd, the more I think he needs to  be "enlightened to the errors of his ways" :angry:

Hey Guys,

I run Airsoft Nation, which in essence was a competitor against WC. Zach recently (unexpectedly) joined into my Live Stream while I was discussing the situation and confirmed everyone should have their money sorted - drop the WC Page a PM to follow up.

As Jez said, there are 2 'customer support' guys who should also be monitoring the page. They're also the admins of Comrades/AirsoftUK.

WC was sold to an Alibaba Tactical sales company, and remember they bought the name 'weaponcrates.com', they didn't acquire the company. So Zach is the person you'd still be aiming any contact to.

However, on Saturday, as someone rightly noticed - the WhoIs (owner of the Domain) has changed back, to Zach. So this means the sale didn't succeed, however he did let me know the personal data had been deleted (if you take his word on it, on the 10th).

Zach and I have come to heads many times over the years, so I won't go into a slinging match about what is right and wrong. What I can say is that I have 2 incidents where someone has sent him a SCC process and after 1 day of 'seeking legal advice', they received a payout. I believe one of the chaps are in this post.

Hope that helps, good luck. If you're looking for something different for sales you can always come along and try AN. Although I don't want to be seen as promoting heavily on here as I know you've got your own classifieds section.

• Root Admin

Sounds about right. Thanks for coming here and providing some more info.

To clarify for anyone wondering: Just a seller on Alibaba/AliExpress rather than Alibaba themselves. Akin to an eBay store or Amazon 3rd party seller.

More like flame.jpg.e9467c28980cd097be118a8a4c5bd77d.jpg

;);)

So got a bit of an update, it appears that my pre action letter has had the desired effect. I've been contacted by WeaponCrates who have finally issued a refund and I've had the email from Stripe confirming this. It can take 10 working days but fingers crossed it's the end of the hassle and I can never have to deal with Mr Grierson again. Will update you guys once I have the money back in my account. 

Coincidentally a few days after my claim was filed I have also received my payment from him, at first just received the money owed and not the court fee, then as said above, I informed him the claim would still be going ahead to which I then received my £25 for claim fees. So got there eventually! Hope it is the same for everyone else owed.

Sam. 

Archived