WeaponCrates is officially gone

Whompa73
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i cintacted them last night and told them that if a refund was not issued shortly id have no option but to progress with legal action via small claims. I got a message not long after advising a refund would be sent and payment made today. Surprise surprise, i havent receivef anything at all today, however i was surprised given they only have my debit card details and a refund normally takes a couple of working days at minimum.

I chased them back up again and the latest update I have been given is they have issued a refund with Stripe who is their payment provider. I know this can take upto 5 working days as I read it on their support pages when I looked into the payment provider. I have asked them for evidence to show a refund has been issued as I've been given multiple dates now, I will keep you all posted.

The best advice I can give anyone in this position is to save all evidence you can to demonstrate that you are owed payment and to what amount. It will be vital if you have to go down the small claims route. Even if all the data is destroyed, you will have enough to show that you are owed payment.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to give it a couple of days to see if I get any email from Stripe regarding a refund, if not il Definately be contacting my Bank and going down the section 75 route first and issuing a chargeback. I did get this message from Zac via with WeaponCrates page after asking for evidence because of the service stopping tomorrow:

"We dont stop support tomorrow, we continue to run this page and any ONGOING issues are still handled. We ended service for new customers."

Seems like I might be pushing a few buttons :lol:. @Jakkarro I'd send the support page a polite message stating that if the issue is not resolved within the next 48 hours you will have no option but to explore legal options. I'd follow the advice given in the thread and draft a pre action letter, giving a 2 week deadline for resolution before escalating to small claims. That is what I intend to do if it doesn't get resolved. I'd be happy to send you what id drafted if it helps.

13 minutes ago, scenezx said:

I'm going to give it a couple of days to see if I get any email from Stripe regarding a refund, if not il Definately be contacting my Bank and going down the section 75 route first and issuing a chargeback. I did get this message from Zac via with WeaponCrates page after asking for evidence because of the service stopping tomorrow:

"We dont stop support tomorrow, we continue to run this page and any ONGOING issues are still handled. We ended service for new customers."

Seems like I might be pushing a few buttons :lol:. @Jakkarro I'd send the support page a polite message stating that if the issue is not resolved within the next 48 hours you will have no option but to explore legal options. I'd follow the advice given in the thread and draft a pre action letter, giving a 2 week deadline for resolution before escalating to small claims. That is what I intend to do if it doesn't get resolved. I'd be happy to send you what id drafted if it helps.

I'd love to see what you have drafted, I will obviously amend it but good to have an idea what to put. 

Also omit any of your own personal details before uploading. :)

I have been given Zacs email where I have sent an email of concern to. 

1 hour ago, Jakkarro said:

I'd love to see what you have drafted, I will obviously amend it but good to have an idea what to put. 

Also omit any of your own personal details before uploading. :)

I have been given Zacs email where I have sent an email of concern to. 

I've sent you a PM with a link to the letter i drafted, I've removed a couple of bits and changed it just to remove personal info but it should give you a good idea what is needed.

If you need any help with it feel free to ask, i had a good read around the small claims process and what is needed prior to progressing to small claims since this all started.

Records have to be kept by law.  One cannot simply decide to destroy company records.  Company records are required to be kept for six years.  

Interesting... Still no progress on getting my money, no response from the Facebook support.

I'm curious how many people have outstanding transactions with them, I know there's one or two mentioned previously. I'm interested to know if you've been paid recently too. 

And thanks for the people who explained about how records have to he held for 6 years, I'm only 20 this year so not something I've come across yet. 

Funnily enough, the support on the Facebook page and Zac on email both seem to be the same person as both of their spelling and grammar is poor. 

Website was down when I tried earlier, so looks like they really are gone

G

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Jakkarro said:

Funnily enough, the support on the Facebook page and Zac on email both seem to be the same person as both of their spelling and grammar is poor. 

Lol, Yeah I reckon his legal/admin/finance "team" is a team of one ;) 

• Root Admin
13 hours ago, Samurai said:

Airsoft nation interviewed that guy who made weaponcrates

https://www.facebook.com/airsoftnation/videos/2102604969756098/

12 hours ago, Jakkarro said:

Oh well that's a bit more reassuring. 

Thanks for that.

Saying and doing are two very different things. I've said my bit on Zac, but you can bet I'm not believing a damn thing until he does right by every person who he still owes money. We've seen - in this thread alone - two people struggle to get their money back. There will be countless more who won't even see this thread or will just accept the loss.

Re- assuring ? Really ! :-)

From my experience I would say that it is anything but re-assuring.

And like Tackle, I too believe he is a "one man " operation - though I believe his "help desk" was at one point another person than Mr Grierson.

As I've previously stated - don't wait ! Get a claim started via Small Claims and raise it with Trading Standards. Put pressure on this chap, to stop him getting your momey

• Supporters

As everyone who’s doing it says if your owed money once you’ve made the first contact requesting your money and had the obligatory waffleshit reply start the small claims case against him , the man is showing his true colours and if you don’t crack on your going to all loose your money to this shyster ! 

Took my mate a good few wks to get his money back and that was last yr when it was still up and running ! 

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Just to make a point,  he isnt a one man band, he does have at least 2 other people that help him with running it

Are you sure they're not just him wearing his mum's dresses?

Just been speaking with a good of mine. He knows more about this digital malarkey than i ever will :lol:

So, from what he tells me is that records have to be kept for 6 years - that is ALL digital information. If not, then they should be passed onto whoever buys the company.

So, immediate deletion of said information would seem to me to be a not very good idea.

And getting in ahead of GDPR ( which comes into effect at the end of April )

Well, another strange co-incidence ?

I can only speculate as to why that happened.

As a lot of the information may have involved financial and payment details ( Paypal etc) then  i should imagine that HMRC would be most interested i suspect.

Added to that - the Escrow "service" that was being run by WC - Does anyone know if it was correct and approved by the relevant authorities ?

I wonder........

I too am owed money by Weaponcrates and have been collecting all the evidence which I may need to take a claim out against him. (This being the original emails when the rif was sold, messages with the buyer and the constant excuses and broken promises from Weaponcrates on FB messenger) 

Basically to the people who have taken a claim against him (and won) what information do I need? Do I need an address for the company? And an email address? 

If somebody can help me out, it will be much appreciated.

Sam.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, NamSam said:

Do I need an address for the company?

Once again for luck, I would make a claim against Zac Grierson personally, not against his limited company. He'll just fold it.  Let him make the argument that your contract is with the company.

I am also owed money by WeaponCrates.

I've been trying to sort things out for a few weeks and this thread has been a life saver.

Only after going through the info here did I find details on the company and the owner Zac to find out he's local to me!

I've spoken to airsofters I know in the area and some of them had some stories to tell about him. What are the odds?! I better not give more details on that outside of PMs so feel free to get in contact. I'd love to hear what @Tackle and @proffrink know as well.

I just feel lucky that I'm local and have more options to chase this up. The more of us that band together to help take legal action the better.

Archived