WeaponCrates is officially gone

Whompa73
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Still waiting on my refund for the gun I bought a week ago that the seller decided to not post or contact me about. Supposedly I'm getting a refund but will just keep hounding and if needs be file small claims. Glad to hear you got a refund Archer, I saw your posts on the message board on there before the site was taken down

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Hmm, do you actually have anything like a written contract with Zac Grierson or (oh dear) Dark Rhino, a limited company?  I ask since he's thrown the site down the memory hole, and the archive of it doesn't seem to have any description of what service, if any, he claimed to provide:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180402034239/https://weaponcrates.com/gb

As a matter of public record, Grierson's details are on Companies House:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/kwcRv_YDUe04q-8ufuPPSdUhszM/appointments

Best of luck.

• Supporters

Hes only 27 yet he's got 3 dissolved companies behind him & a fourth that he appears to be trying to distance himself from, doesn't look promising for those who are still owed money.

Even the "site sold" bit sounds like bollocks, as he appears to have been financial problems with his weaponcrates services for some time. ?

Luckily I took a few screenshots of the shield feature which shows weaponcrates holds the money for 14 days and also on playercheck that dark rhino is the parent company of weaponcrates.

With the other screenshots I have it shows that i paid money to weaponcrates, they hold the money for 14 days and that I have requested a refund during this time.

If I don't get any response in the next couple of days il be filing small claims against them.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

As a matter of public record, Grierson's details are on Companies House:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/kwcRv_YDUe04q-8ufuPPSdUhszM/appointments

Looks like someone could be getting a glitter cannon through the post soon..

https://www.glitterretribution.co.uk/spring-loaded-glitter-canon

@scenezx - doooo iiiiiit :lol:

I've spent the day collating all the evidence i have and have drafted a letter as required before progressing to small claims court. I will be posting this recorded to their business address tomorrow. The last contact i had from them was that it was with their finance team and they would chase it but i've just heard different excuses since Thursday.

I'm not one to be unrealistic and can appreciate it taking a couple of days to sort out but with them closing the website so fast i'm not willing to hang around. Here's hoping that this letter will prompt payment to be made, otherwise in 14 days i will be filing with small claims against DarkRhino Limited, will be also contacting my bank aswell to look at potentially look at raising a Section 75 claim to reclaim the funds.

Such a shame really that by the sounds of it a fair few people have had the same issues im having, here's hoping they do the right thing and sort everyone out.

• Root Admin

16 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Looks like someone could be getting a glitter cannon through the post soon..

https://www.glitterretribution.co.uk/spring-loaded-glitter-canon

@scenezx - doooo iiiiiit :lol:

Hm. Never makes any filings and then has his companies dissolved due to inactivity/not informing them of the companies starting trading. I know for a fact that two of these did a lot of trade, so that doesn't bode well.

15 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Sadly, do wait.  You're expected to take steps to keep it out of court, so do a letter before action first.

No need to wait believe it or not.

If you have taken reasonable steps to retrieve your money ( in my case, emails/posting on the forums etc) without any success, then you can inform Trading Standards and also raise a claim via the Small Claims Court.

Any undue delays may possibly have an adverse affect on you getting a refund.

• Supporters

I'm still chuckling about his "finance team" lol, I just looked him up on FB , turns out we have some mutual friends so I'm gonna do some digging, my initial impression is that he's a chancer/bullshitter with some I.T. knowledge but poor business ethics.......we'll see :rolleyes:

Yeah me too, considering the payment processing he uses, all he actually has to do is login to his dashboard, find the relevant transaction and press refund. It's literally that simple.

From my experience so far its a new excuse every time and i believe there's only three people at most involved with DarkRhino. Be interesting to hear what you find @Tackle, let me know over PM if you'd rather not post publically.

We shall see what Mr Grierson has to say come Tuesday when the letter arrives at his door. @Archer prior to getting you refund did you contact Trading Standards regarding it?

@scenezx - they were the first call I made - I went via my local Citizens Advice Bureau who advised me to talk with Trading Standards immediately, which is what I did. After that, I set up the Claim online for the Small Claims Court - as soon as the case is raised on their online system , it generated and sent a "digital copy" of the claim. This was then emailed out accordingly to Mr Grierson.

Added to that, I also raised two claims via Paypal by using the "request money" function.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Tackle said:

I'm still chuckling about his "finance team"

It's been my experience that every sole trader who pretends that they've got a "team" working for them, or who talks about themselves in the plural, has been deranged or a scammer, or both.

This might be the exception, you never know.

What I would  suggest is that you make any claim against Mr Grierson personally, rather than against his limited company, as I'd expect it to be wound up sooner rather than later.

• Supporters

Legal team my arse. 

• Supporters

My initial "dig" on antisocial media was a waste of time, our so called mutual friends are actually a site organiser & a trader with multiple profiles, & his most recent update was him taking pics of his Doris on margate seafront, not exactly the jet setting lifestyle if someone who's just sold his website business ?.

i have a vague recollection of a "Zac" in that approximate area setting up an airsoft technician business, taking lots of guns from Kent based players & then letting a lot of people down, would have been about 8-10 years ago ?, any of the old & bold remember the story ?.

(not saying its the same one but deffo rings a bell)

Created an account just to post this.

I sold some gear on Weaponcrates end of last month and still have not got my money.

Thankfully I have contact details of the person who I sold the gear to.

Anyone who has had success getting their money, could you share some insight?

• Mostly Retired Moderators

@Jakkarro - you can find Zac Grierson on the Airsoft Comrades UK Facebook group.

He's the owner of weapons crates, so you could probably call him out on it on there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/282593418932731/

The downside is that they made him one of the group admins so he could just keep deleting any heat that comes his way.

Or if you live near Margate, consider paying him a visit if it does turn out that he kept your money.

This bit of his statement worries me

nmnEZki.jpg

Presumably, it means addresses, logins etc

But does it extend to proof of owing money as well?

• Root Admin

That would seem to be the case. Anyone clued up on making those digital information requests/subject access requests (similar to FOI requests) for private companies? Do the same rules apply? If one does that before the deadline he might be obligated to hold onto it a bit longer, but I'm not sure how large a company has to be before that becomes part of their compliance obligations.

@L3wisD That Statement of the data being deleted worries me too, however feel its a bluff to get out of paying up.

I have nagged the Facebook page as much as I can but I believe to be being ignored, that or he has a day job. 

Unsure what else to do but make a small claims court claim.

Interestingly I have discovered two addresses:

150 Clements Road, CT12 6UG which I found under whois information on the .co.uk domain and the 96 Norfolk Road, CT9 2HZ previously mentioned.

Thankfully I believe the person who purchased the goods from me seems to be a good person and may be critical to providing information.

Archived