UKARA imminent - upgrade current RIF or buy new

DorianW
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I bought a CYMA CM.041b MP5 (from someone that didn't care for UKARA) to get myself started last year and will be getting site membership with Battle Lakes on the 29th, meaning I can finally buy RIFs from retailers.

Now, my MP5 has a Madbull 6.03mm barrel and prometheus purple hop rubber inside and it shoots like a laser to the ranges I tend to play at. However, the Swordfish kit that it was running is something I have grown to loathe as it makes the gun very front heavy. When I bought it the flash hider and muzzle adaptor were missing; today I sourced a muzzle adaptor and will run my next game without the Swordfish kit.

My question is: do I sell the MP5 to try to fund the ASG Scorpion Evo 3 I would love (but is a stretch of the pocket) or do I upgrade the MP5 assuming the reduced weight makes it more manageable? After all, the only 2 things I dislike with the MP5 is the weight and trigger response...so do I just chuck a better motor and a Warfet in there?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I was going to go down the route of upgrading my first AEG. I was then convinced that having 2 guns was a good thing - in case one broke when you were upgrading it. 

I now have 2 AEGs, and love having both of them :D

Maybe not that helpful, sorry! 

• Supporters

I'd venture to suggest that you'll sell the MP5, buy the ASG, then find that as stock it's got worse performance and you have to start the upgrade process all over again.

But the heart wants what it wants.  I believe the answer you're looking for is "Get the Evo", but I'd agree with Arwen that more guns is more betterer, so if there's any way that you can afford to keep the MP5, I'd recommend doing so.

Seconded in having a back up gun. When i got my first gun the motor died after 3 to 4 hours on its first outing. That was the end of play for me as i had no back up. (Faulty motors in a batch if ics l85s, fixed for free in warrenty and not had an issue since).

Now i have 2 rifles, 1 pistol and an smg in the post. 

I don't see the value in selling a RIF you're experienced in using and maintaining. Unless you really need the cash for a new RIF, then you don't really need that RIF but want it. Nothing wrong with that mind but more guns is good.

I would say upgrade and save up for a second toy.

Thanks for the replies people. The general consensus seems to be go down the upgrade route and buy a second gun. I had actually been looking at cheaper guns I could get to grow a collection, but convinced myself one decent one was the way to go!

I am aware the CYMA is a cheap gun, so how far do I go with upgrades? I mean, am I going beyond the worth of the gun if I stick a warfet and new motor in? And does anyone have suggestions of motors or experience with the warfet?

• Supporters

As all the others have said save and keep , unless you’ve got some super duper rare’er than hens teeth limited edition AEG of doom (which you don’t ) which everyone wants and you know you can get what ever you want for it , I don’t really see the point of selling a bog standard Cyma to help buy a new gun , you’ll get rock all for it second hand and be loosing a good backup in the proses . 

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, DorianW said:

I am aware the CYMA is a cheap gun, so how far do I go with upgrades?

As opposed to buying an expensive base gun and then paying even more to replace most of it?  It's only really a consideration if you're planning to sell it, when having a CYMA shell might put some buyers off.

Another consideration is that having a spare means being able to infect someone else by bringing them along with you.  That's me next week. ;)

Archived