Community Reputation

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I "think" it is in part to do with status updates & reactions to that

Not anything to do with likes/reaction to actual posts/topics in main forum

In other words - post snippets in updates, get likey's and your score goes up

So f**king what ???

Where's my reward for the most characters in a single reply - kidding :D

I couldn't give a toss who is in 1st, 2nd 3rd place this week or whatever

Fine clothes do not make a gentleman - being the tramp I am :D:D

in other words - don't sweat it, Community Reputation means f**k all

Don't even worry what the rest of us think too much either

tbh all that matters is what YOU think & your own character/integrity

It is just daft score/total/crap thing for people who worry way too much about stats n crap

MARMITE - love it or hate but that jar don't give a f**k at the end of the day....

Image result for marmite

• Root Admin

I increased the bands to reflect more readily who contributes. More on this sooner than you think ;)

In short: There's actually no way to 'downvote' content on here. That's done on purpose really. What this does mean is that one can only go up, and - as demonstrated clearly by Sitting Duck - some people can rightly go up by a lot of points for contributing good content regularly. The bands have therefore been shifted a bit so that people who got 10 'thanks' on their gun picture don't immediately get an 'excellent' rating anymore.

Ultimately though it doesn't mean too much on the day to day so don't worry about it. As you'll see shortly having a high reputation does have one significant benefit, but there's no reason why any regular contributor can't get there.

• Supporters
On 02/04/2018 at 5:49 PM, proffrink said:

I increased the bands to reflect more readily who contributes. More on this sooner than you think ;)

Are there any other features you're planning on implementing in the near future?

edit: One minute later and he comes out with this huge post.. 

Archived