Extended slide release for 1911

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ive been looking for an extended slide release for my KWC 1911 but results have been annoyingly slim. I know you can get Hi capa ones but I dont know how compatible they are with 1911s. Anyone have a recommended one to go for?

• Supporters

I would say the Nova Wilson Extended slide stop but everyone seems to be out of stock of it.

Thanks. I may have found an alternative though it's for a TM. I can't imagine there will a compatibility problem with the slide catch, right?

What kwc 1911 have you got mate? 

But if my memory is correct TM Compatible slide catch/release is not a straight drop in fit to KWC 1911 pistols, but I have both so I can check for you tonight.. 

ATB Marc 

@PopRocket123Hi mate, yeah a TM or TM Compatible slide catch/release will not fit in a KWC 1911 without a fair bit of modification if at all, took some pictures for you.. 

My TM gold match and kwc colt custom 1911 (started its life as a Swiss arms 1911)

As you can see from these other pictures the TM slide catches are longer, and the end or catch section of the slide catch/release are different in design shape, you maybe able to modify one to fit but a far bit or work will need to be done.. 

ATB Marc 

DSC_0246.JPG

DSC_0247.JPG

DSC_0248.JPG

Thanks I knew someone must have tried it before me. Ive got the KWC 1911 Railgun and by the looks of it it has the same slide catch as yours. Right back to the drawing board

8 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Thanks I knew someone must have tried it before me. Ive got the KWC 1911 Railgun and by the looks of it it has the same slide catch as yours. Right back to the drawing board

Hi, no problem..

yeah i had the colt m45 cqbp rail gun too, as you say it has the same design slide catch etc.. good luck mate :)

ATB, Marc..

@PopRocket123 as Lozart said though the nova wilson looks very similar to the KWC design although very expensive to take a gamble on it,

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_GBB_Other_WA_M4_Parts_Nova_Slide_Stop_for_Marui_1911A1_Wilson_Extended_Stainless.htm

im going to quicky check another couple of my tm hi-capa slide catches..

nope, although my standard hi-capa slide catches are a slightly different in design on the slide stop/catch end, they are still around 1.1mm longer then the KWC 1911 slide catch..

I have found a 1911 slide catch but it says it's compatible with marui hi capa 5.1s so I dont know if that would make a difference

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=634_1049&products_id=14470

I don't think that one would fit either mate, the end catch end looks the same shape as my TM ones, probably longer in length then the kwc versions again too..

Archived