begginer looking for buying advice

Rec0
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Also if you look hard stuff doesnt have to be expensive, you can get bolle goggles with a safe rating for around the £10 mark from safety supply companies.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, James1989 said:

Also if you look hard stuff doesnt have to be expensive, you can get bolle goggles with a safe rating for around the £10 mark from safety supply companies.

Bollé Trackers are cheap and cheerful. More glasses than goggles though, but I've used them and they worked fine. Fogging is a bit of an issue. Less so if you remove the foam padding. 

1 hour ago, Duff said:

By all means save money on your eye and face pro, you can put those funds towards rehabilitating your life when you lose an eye.

Best case scenario it goes towards a new set of front teeth. :rolleyes:

Do you know ESS mate? It's military grade, a lot better than your average BS Kite mark civvie crap, it needs to be. But as I said a lot of gear you by in the shops with a hefty price tag comes from China/Taiwan, the only difference being is you cut out the middle man and tax import, the shops you go to to buy your gear/equipment comes from the same factory! it is what it is and each to your own as the guy stated at the beginning if he's unsure, just go to your local airsoft site and see what they rent out and go off that.

In a lot of the skirmishes I've been to recently I've noticed players wearing no lower face protection, some wearing mesh (which I wear), and others wearing neoprene, It seems down personal preference. Its also like @Gepard said age also comes in to the factor, we don't know the persons age.

1 hour ago, Duff said:

By all means save money on your eye and face pro, you can put those funds towards rehabilitating your life when you lose an eye.

Best case scenario it goes towards a new set of front teeth. :rolleyes:

Another perfect example is this take a look. http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sights-scopes/ufc-eotech-style-4x30-magifier-w-qd-mount-black.htm#.WsIUgi7wa70 Then look at this, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5X-Magnifier-Scope-Sight-with-Flip-To-Side-QD-Mount-for-20mm-Rail/253376215861?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144 Same factory, fraction of the price.

9 minutes ago, Ex-Rnuw said:

Do you know ESS mate? It's military grade, a lot better than your average BS Kite mark civvie crap, it needs to be. But as I said a lot of gear you by in the shops with a hefty price tag comes from China/Taiwan, the only difference being is you cut out the middle man and tax import, the shops you go to to buy your gear/equipment comes from the same factory! it is what it is and each to your own as the guy stated at the beginning if he's unsure, just go to your local airsoft site and see what they rent out and go off that.

In a lot of the skirmishes I've been to recently I've noticed players wearing no lower face protection, some wearing mesh (which I wear), and others wearing neoprene, It seems down personal preference. Its also like @Gepard said age also comes in to the factor, we don't know the persons age.

Another perfect example is this take a look. http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sights-scopes/ufc-eotech-style-4x30-magifier-w-qd-mount-black.htm#.WsIUgi7wa70 Then look at this, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5X-Magnifier-Scope-Sight-with-Flip-To-Side-QD-Mount-for-20mm-Rail/253376215861?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144 Same factory, fraction of the price.

First off, chill out dude. Why are you geting so uptight over my opinion? Secondly, I am not a geardo. I could give a toss about army regulation or quality. I play Airsoft, not soldiers.

Your example is great, for scopes. If that second one isn't just a Chinese knock-off (my bet it is.)

Again, no skin off my nose what protection you use, just giving out my advice as I see fit. My response is directed at the OP as he is the one asking.

6 minutes ago, Duff said:

First off, chill out dude. Why are you geting so uptight over my opinion? Secondly, I am not a geardo. I could give a toss about army regulation or quality. I play Airsoft, not soldiers.

Your example is great, for scopes. If that second one isn't just a Chinese knock-off (my bet it is.)

Again, no skin off my nose what protection you use, just giving out my advice as I see fit. My response is directed at the OP as he is the one asking.

Your like fish you keep taking the bite. ;)

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Duff said:

They are BOTH chinese knock offs.  The exact same product but if you buy it from eBay in China you don’t pay patrolbase’s overheads, profit margin or VAT.  

That’s the difference.  The exact same can be said for mesh lower masks, they’re all the same rated for fuck-all woven steel mesh, they all stop BBs just as well as the rest and if one does fail you’ll have a welt on your cheek at worst. 

Eyepro is a completely different kettle of fish, buy nice or go blind.  Absolutely do not buy eyepro from eBay, or chinese Airsoft sites (or Nuprol!).  Get it from a reputable dealer to be sure it’s not a dodgy knock off. 

For perspective, here’s how much a real eotech magnifier will set you back; http://www.eotechinc.com/holographic-weapon-sights/model-g33-magnifier

Archived