What do you look for in BBs?

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What do you want in BBs?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Bag or bottle?

• Bag
    • Bottle
    • Doesn’t matter
  2. 2. Exact number or weight

• Number
    • Weight
    • Doesn’t matter
  3. 3. Bio or not?

• Bio
    • Not bio
    • Doesn’t matter

• Supporters

After talking to some friends, I wondered what the majority of people look for in BBs?

Do you want Bio? Bag or bottle? Weight or number?

Are you willing to spend more on good quality? How much more are you willing to spend on bio over non bio?

Would just like peoples opinions to see if you say similar to what my friends did!

Started on Blasters, and get a decent deal on bulk so continue to use those, no real reason or thinking behind it.

• Supporters
On 31/03/2018 at 14:33, AK47frizzle said:

Snip

Ooh, ok, interesting. If you were going to change the brand of B.B. you used, what would sway you? Recommendations from friends? Trial batch? Good reviews?

• Mostly Retired Moderators
8 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

I HATE BAGS of 5000 bbs. 

One by one into speed loader or all onto the floor where they will sprout and grow bb pods.

You just make the opening into a spout and pour them. It's actually better than pouring from a bottle.

• Supporters

I try to use bio BBs where I can - especially if I'm outside. For me a consistent weight is what I look for in a BB. I've only ever bought bottles so can't comment on how well a bag would work. 

.25g ASG Blasters are my go-to. 

'Grew up' on Excel's, but really like the G&G bio bbs which Gunfire sell as they are cheap and well made. 

Prefer pouring from a bottle. 

Hardness, heavy weight and consistency is what I look for. Couldn’t care less what it comes in. And no Bio’s!

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Hardness, heavy weight and consistency is what I look for. Couldn’t care less what it comes in. And no Bio’s!

Reason for this?

for me i look for quality and price and then weight as i use different weights..

i have found ''geoffs'' and ''the draft club'' BB's to be top quality and out perform nearly all other brands.. the draft club bbs are cheap too..

17 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Reason for this?

Too soft and inconsistent. I tried airsoft surgeon .3 bio’s (ordered by mistake). They might be fine in an aeg, but they’re too soft for a gbbr. I’ve cut enough of them open to see how bad they are. Only bb’s I’d use in my high end guns are Geoff’s, longbows and asg accuracy international. When you cut them in half there’s no air bubbles. 

Bags for me, usually as they fit in my gear bag easier. 25's G&G or Guarder ones I've been using recently. As for weight/number, do you mean BB weight or quantity of bb's per bag/bottle? I just get what's best value for bb's I like. 

Non-bio. 

I've not tried bio, but after reading up on them, it's moisture that eventually breaks them down. The moisture swells them up. 

I live in Scotland. It is damp a lot of the time here... I don't fancy putting deformed BBs in my guns.

Bags/bottles I don't care about, nor do I care about weight or amount. They'll all be used for the same thing anyway. Bio/non-bio however I have an issue with. I've heard from far too many places that Bio's have caused problems with the internals of a gun, so no thanks

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Arwen said:

Bags for me, usually as they fit in my gear bag easier. 25's G&G or Guarder ones I've been using recently. As for weight/number, do you mean BB weight or quantity of bb's per bag/bottle? I just get what's best value for bb's I like. 

Non-bio. 

I've not tried bio, but after reading up on them, it's moisture that eventually breaks them down. The moisture swells them up. 

I live in Scotland. It is damp a lot of the time here... I don't fancy putting deformed BBs in my guns.

As in quantity weight.

i personally only look at weight as i mostly use draft club .25's but i do prefer bottles, but i only use non bios as i have heard they can mess up internals and i would rather not risk it.

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

As in quantity weight.

In that case, It makes no difference to me. I work out what's cheapest. Doing the maths, a 1kg bag of .25 bb's should cost the same as a bag of 4000 .25's. That is not always the case though, depending on the shop one of them is usually cheaper. 

7 hours ago, Prisce said:

Ooh, ok, interesting. If you were going to change the brand of B.B. you used, what would sway you? Recommendations from friends? Trial batch? Good reviews?

To be honest I have never thought about it really.

I dont use full auto and dont need too many, figured once a bottle can last me three days at the mall normally.

I suppose price is a factor, and if a mate said another was better I may change. We have always bought blasters and have plenty of them knocking around our group so doubtful I would change. If our supply stopped, it would be whatever my local shop suggested was good. They are pretty honest and have dropped suppliers due to quality issues and I would trust their judgement (fully understand they are selling to make money, but I know they wont sell stuff which jams guns, causes problems or are a false economy) and go with what they suggest I suppose.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Too soft and inconsistent. I tried airsoft surgeon .3 bio’s (ordered by mistake). They might be fine in an aeg, but they’re too soft for a gbbr. I’ve cut enough of them open to see how bad they are. Only bb’s I’d use in my high end guns are Geoff’s, longbows and asg accuracy international. When you cut them in half there’s no air bubbles. 

Try green devil, they’re hard enough for PTWs which dish out a lot more punishment to the BB when chambering than GBB does.

• Root Admin

Yep. I use nothing but Green Devils and even my DG M249 struggles to chop them up.

With bio you do have to pay a significant premium. I think it's worth it but I can't blame others for not spending so much on bits of plastic that's for sure.

29 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Try green devil, they’re hard enough for PTWs which dish out a lot more punishment to the BB when chambering than GBB does.

I’ll give them a look. Do they do .32+ as that’s all I use

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I’ll give them a look. Do they do .32+ as that’s all I use

.30 is as heavy as they go. If you're cool with chucking loads of non degrading plastic into the environment over .02 of a gram though, that's your look out. 

• Supporters

All that matters to me is how well they shoot.

I tend to use .2's mainly as for some reason the f2000 doesnt like .25's and its easier just to be consistent with all my guns rather than faff trying to use different weights for different things.

I did use stealths for a while, and whilst they do work as intended (ie people dont duck cos they think your dry firing) it also means you need to be really confident in your sights otherwise your going to end up in a bad place of "is he not taking hits or am i missing".

Bag or bottle doesnt matter, it goes in an odin speedloader anyway (fantastic product btw)

12 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

.30 is as heavy as they go. If you're cool with chucking loads of non degrading plastic into the environment over .02 of a gram though, that's your look out. 

I am cool with it. Range/accuracy above all else. They make bio’s in the weight, consistency and strength I want then I’ll buy them regardless of the cost. I’m spending £18 per 1000 now, if bio’s cost £30 I’d buy them.  Until then, they can stay with sites that require them. Instead of going all tree hugger on people that hate them, why not tell the people who make them to make what we need?

I've never really considered using Bio bb's, I have this image of spit wads... They get wet / go soggy mid flight and........SPLAT!! haha

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Duff said:

Ideally I'd like my bb's to whistle like a dropped bomb or scream like a TiFighter overtaking a Wookie.

I'll settle for pew pew plink though...

that wouldn't be impossible, the romans had such a thing for slingshot ammo, i imagine it wouldn't be hard to get the same effect from bb's although likely the accuracy would be appauling:

Archived