One armed loadout

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve had two hi-cycle TM Patriots, 30 rps is loads of fun but eats mags.

11.1 lipos munch gearboxes though, had to rebuild my daughters already, so sticking with 7.4’s from now on.

rdb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the ideas - all food for thought.
@Callum Hornsby thankfully I'm not that far gone that I'd need that

The Glock drum mag made me think about revisiting my APS carbine kit for my glock - It fits well and doesn't weigh much. 
But the drum mag adds nearly a kilo. And only holds 120 shots. 

So I decided that's a no.
So I got my MWS out. And that's a no. Mainly because of the low cap mags and the much higher weight.
Which leaves my red headed step child. Nuprol pioneer defender.
I could shoulder it and provide slight support with my left hand, which was more for balance than anything strength wise.
However, my arm having to change direction or move quickly makes it feel like I've set it on fire. Which is unpleasant.
So I think I'm leaning toward a light AEG, with a decent high cap or drum mag.
What's the weight distribution like in AEGs? Because with my MWS, it's very front heavy.

On 4/1/2018 at 7:17 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

If I managed to play on this you will cope

That doesn't look good.

Of course I'll cope ;)
However, rather than cope, I'd like to enjoy myself!

Which is why I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it.
And the best weapon to do it with.

• Supporters

Yeah fractured it in seven places playing a couple of years back. Carried on and played the day out then went straight for a drink.  Really regretted it the next day but was still running on it again in 3 weeks.

Human body is an amazing thing for healing itself.

Just buy a mk23 and have it.

I'd probably go with a polymer-body MP5K with hicap, or go full gangster with a MAC-10 or Uzi

• Supporters

Sounds like the TM MP5K HC will be your best choice

Here's the short list (weight in g, length in mm) : 

Gun £ FPS Rounds Weight Length
CYMA MP5K £140.00 310 65 2145 330
Amoeba CCP £170.00 289 300 1600 330
ARP-9 £180.00 318 300 2000 450
TM MP5K HC £238.00 300 220 1490 345
TM MP5 HC £240.00 300 400 1600 490

Not sure how much drum mags are for each yet. Or, tbf, even if they're needed, as I could stick with Hi caps.
Although, I do like the idea of not having to wind them. 
Thoughts on that lot?

Guest pierce09

I want to see in due course, a pic of you with MP5 'calling your hit' with a Carl Weathers/Predator one arm roar and mag dump!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

Thoughts on that lot?

Galaxy MP5K from TaiwanGun.  ~£71, ~300fps, it spurts BBs in the direction that you're pointing.  Cheap out, you're not going to be spazzed forever.  Consider it as a long term sidearm / CQB / lulz gun.

• Supporters

How are you gonna be winding a mag repeatedly during a game ?, yep you can get around supporting any gun with the use  of a two point sling, but mags will be the issue, changing & winding them, my thoughts keep coming back to an "electric" mag, with either sound operation, a decent sized button on it, or even a pressure pad "tail" that you could mount near your trigger finger.

If winding mags is gonna be an issue then id look in to those first & then look at what gats it opens up to you ?

59 minutes ago, Tackle said:

How are you gonna be winding a mag repeatedly during a game ?, yep you can get around supporting any gun with the use  of a two point sling, but mags will be the issue, changing & winding them, my thoughts keep coming back to an "electric" mag, with either sound operation, a decent sized button on it, or even a pressure pad "tail" that you could mount near your trigger finger.

If winding mags is gonna be an issue then id look in to those first & then look at what gats it opens up to you ?

By the look of things it narrows the options down to M4 or AK platforms?

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

By the look of things it narrows the options down to M4 or AK platforms?

Nah, theres an adapter to make them fit an MP5

On 31/03/2018 at 10:09 AM, sonofsammo said:

I had a little accident a couple of days ago, which means that I can't use my left arm.
And probably won't be able to use it properly for a few months.
Which means that using my darling MWS will be a little problematic.
So, I need suggestions for a practical right hand only loadout for woodland.
On the plus side, it potentially means another gun  - woooooooo!

I could just use mk23 as primary.
Another option I guess would be a sniper with a bipod - but I wouldn't know where to start.
Any suggestions along these lines?

What other options are there that would allow me to have a decent day out, whilst staying competitive?
I'm looking for light and only needing one handed operation.
Thanks in advance :D

Go and get yourself a M11 or maybe a Scorpion spray and pray. haha

• Supporters
On 31/03/2018 at 1:16 PM, Tackle said:

P90 box mag ftw ;)

I just did a small Vom in the back of my mouth over THAT comment ! :wacko:

how about an ARP9 with the drum mag ? It’s small and manageable enough as is and with the right sling it’ll be a doddle to point . A team mate due to health problems has to be VERY selective of his guns and has one and loves it , says it’s so easy too use even with his borked health .

• Supporters

Lol, my "smiley" was meant to indicate my sarcasm, like bullpups but not a great fan of the p90, prob due to the standard style mags.

thinking about it though, magpul pdr-c with electric m4 box mag, I've got one & it's pocket size literally, & very well balanced for one handed use, can't believe that I'd forgotten about this one.

21 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Lol, my "smiley" was meant to indicate my sarcasm, like bullpups but not a great fan of the p90, prob due to the standard style mags.

thinking about it though, magpul pdr-c with electric m4 box mag, I've got one & it's pocket size literally, & very well balanced for one handed use, can't believe that I'd forgotten about this one.

Interesting.... Have you any pics by any chance?

Just now, sonofsammo said:

For the first 25 shots anyway..... 

No, it’s not just HPA, it’s also a 1200 round remote mag feeding into the bottom of the Vector mag. Easy to set up for a Glock, TM G18 and you’d never need another gun

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

No, it’s not just HPA, it’s also a 1200 round remote mag feeding into the bottom of the Vector mag. Easy to set up for a Glock, TM G18 and you’d never need another gun

Wowsers.
Would it work with an MK23? (or a WE18C) ?
How much does it all cost? And have you any info / can you direct me to info on how to do it please?
(Although, it may well be beyond my capability!).

20 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Wowsers.
Would it work with an MK23? (or a WE18C) ?
How much does it all cost? And have you any info / can you direct me to info on how to do it please?
(Although, it may well be beyond my capability!).

It should work on any pistol. I built it to run in my Vector, which effectively uses a pistol mag, at the shooting range.

Basically, it’s an HPA rig with a Redline SFR regulator feeding into the bottom of the mag via a normal HPA adapter.

Then, a Classic Army M249 1200 round remote mag, and a bowden tube feeding the bb’s into the bottom of the mag.

Took me a few goes to perfect the Bowden routing, total about £280 quid I think

Archived