Not Ukara....

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

but 'nades

i know this is a majority english forum, but i'm in northern ireland and sadly our laws are a bit different.

so i'm wondering if there are any local players could clue me in on grenades, specifically being able to raid the enola gaye catalogue or look at blank firing grenades.

i'm getting pretty fed up of messing around with gas re-usables, they're either super expensive, they break, or both simultaneously.

currently doing a wee project with a freind which might finally get the thunder b into something that actually goes bang when you throw it but if that doesn't work then i'm thinking it might be time to finally do it properly.

• Root Admin

You're fine. They governed like fireworks so buy what you want as long as you're an adult. Expect to pay a higher shipping charge as they need to go via UPS usually (though other couriers will take them too). As such you may wish to buy in bulk or obtain them on site when you play instead.

Also you should look at blank firing grenades too as they're much cheaper long-term. .203 shotgun primers are about 5 to 10 quid for 100, and the BFG itself - depending on the model and whether you buy new - isn't going to be more than £80. A lot of second handers can be had for £30-40.

• Supporters
Just now, proffrink said:

You're fine. They governed like fireworks so buy what you want.

Expect to pay a higher shipping charge as they need to go via UPS usually (though other couriers will take them too).

Also you should look at blank firing grenades too as they're much cheaper long-term. .203 shotgun primers are about 5 to 10 quid for 100, and the BFG itself - depending on the model and whether you buy new - isn't going to be more than £80. A lot of second handers can be had for £30-40.

this is the thing, fireworks need a licence over here, so i suspect it's not just as simple as buying them.

i have seen guys using bfg's although i've not found any decent information onlike about blank firing devices that don't look like guns.

the other thing about bfg's is a lot of the ones i've seen are impact grenades, and i much preferr timed.

• Root Admin

Sorry, I was an idiot and didn't read that bit.

BFGs might be one solution but if you've got rules on fireworks then you might well have even more on buying blanks(?).

I used timed BFGs as I can't use impact ones in woodland very reliably. Look into the Dynatex or VFG ones (they're the same). Mine have rarely let me down and have completely replaced any other pyro that I use (don't usually bother with smoke).

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Sorry, I was an idiot and didn't read that bit.

BFGs might be one solution but if you've got rules on fireworks then you might well have even more on buying blanks(?).

I used timed BFGs as I can't use impact ones in woodland very reliably. Look into the Dynatex or VFG ones (they're the same). Mine have rarely let me down and have completely replaced any other pyro that I use (don't usually bother with smoke).

indeed, we have some weird regulations over here, like 328fps for everything (which isn't too bad as it gives a level playing field but i'm sure the snipers feel miffed)

i suspect in either case i'll have to be looking at some form of paperwork with someone, my preference would be towards disposables purely for convenience of not having to run out and get it after (and smokes, i like smokes).

I don’t know for certain, but I believe that these will all be restricted for you in NI

This is what I believe:

You would need a permit/licence from PSNI to be able to purchase, and to do so would have to give the specific date you intend to use them

When buying on site at a game you would be permitted to purchase them, but they all should be used before you leave

Fireworks were originally illegal in NI to avoid the false alarms of innocent fireworks against those people making nasty bangs.

They were legalised and abused so restrictions put in place

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tommikka said:

I don’t know for certain, but I believe that these will all be restricted for you in NI

This is what I believe:

You would need a permit/licence from PSNI to be able to purchase, and to do so would have to give the specific date you intend to use them

When buying on site at a game you would be permitted to purchase them, but they all should be used before you leave

Fireworks were originally illegal in NI to avoid the false alarms of innocent fireworks against those people making nasty bangs.

They were legalised and abused so restrictions put in place

Yeah i know that you can get them on sites, and have to use them there, but it's stupid expensive at £3-4

Guess bfg is the only way to go

Archived