HPA noob

n1ckh
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys

Been a while since posting. I'm venturing into HPA by converting my gas mags to HPA for my WE masada. Ordered a line, tank & reg but already have the mag valves. 

I want to run a 13ci tank on my plate carrier & have a 48ci tank ordered. 

My questions are.....what do I need to refill the smaller tank from the larger one ?? 

Estimated shot count (on semi only) from the 13ci tank ?? 

Is it worth buying a larger tank ?? 

Cheers guys 

Depends on what you mean by large and small tanks

If you mean to refill from a scuba large tank to refill the smaller 48ci and 13ci then you need either a ‘DIN’ or ‘A clamp’ HPA fill rig

If you mean the 48ci is your large and 13ci is your small then it’s a different situation with two choices

A normal regulator on the 48ci won’t output 3000psi, if it’s a Paintball 48ci then its regulator will probably output somewhere in the range of 400/500 to 650psi

If its sold as an airsoft 48ci then its regulator may be lower

You can connect them but nothing will happen until the 13ci falls below the 48ci output

Some magfed paintballers have cascaded two bottles to do this while playing (one 13ci in the stock, a 48ci or larger on their body on a remote line). (Pointless to me = the disadvantages of both)

Or to fill properly from a 48ci to a 13ci you need a 3000psi output bottle regulator and a hose rated over that 

This is the high pressure regulator and fill rig

Note that he uses a 4500psi source which can only fully fill two 13ci at 3000psi

Especially if you have a 3000psi aluminium 48ci then you ideally want to top up as often as possible so that you are drawing lower air quantities from the 48ci to keep its pressure as high as possible.  Also don’t draw 3000psi into the 13ci if you don’t need it, go for 2500psi etc so that you get many more consident fills by preserving the source as long as possible 

Thanks for the replies guys. I do milsims so something small & lightweight is what I want but looks like I'll need a scuba tank plus the fill whip 

Hi,

I think getting a scuba tank would be your best, less hassle option imo!

I know you mention that you do milsims, but if you can use a molle pouch like this:

http://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/viper-modular-molle-hydration-pack-light-weight-14183-p.asp

to carry the 48ci tank it'll last you longer through the day :)

On 3/31/2018 at 10:26 AM, sjhirst said:

Hi,

I think getting a scuba tank would be your best, less hassle option imo!

I know you mention that you do milsims, but if you can use a molle pouch like this:

http://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/viper-modular-molle-hydration-pack-light-weight-14183-p.asp

to carry the 48ci tank it'll last you longer through the day :)

I was looking at another pack to hold a larger tank & my camelbak. 

The scuba tank & bigger bottles is the way to go 

Thanks for all your replies guys, I appreciate all advice 

Archived