SVD Mag into an AK?

warlord
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm liking the idea of a short mag in my CYMA CM.045c (AKS74UN) and wondered if there is an SVD mag that will fit and feed?

I've seen some comments about the JG mags maybe, but not entirely sure. Anyone got any experience doing this?

Done it with an SRC. Apart from the usual slight variations from manufacturer to manufacture that sometimes require a quick adjustment with a file, no problems.

• Supporters

Not sure but there are two types of SVD mags

The usual A&K SVD which goes by other brands like ASG, Kors

(both bolt & aeg variants)

These A&K mags do not fit in Cyma SVD's or vice versa

A&K ones have bb very very close to front of mag

Image result for A&K svd mag

Cyma more 2/3rds back

Image result for cyma svd mag

Not sure about Cyma SVD mags working in an AK - might but SVD mags are tapered

I'd say unlikely to be safe answer, though Hangtight says he's done it

Just watch out you don't buy A&K SVD mags by mistake I guess

The JG thingy was the A-47 which was just a stretched out AK47

std v3 box just with a long mofo front end

think it had a 500mm barrel and could fit a 650mm barrel in there

but being a std v3 you would never have the volume to push say 0.30's past 500mm barrel

Related image

THAT takes std AK mags - think like the RPK

but not the other more "proper" SVD's

Are the small 280rnd AK mags too big for your liking ???

Image result for short ak mag

That is what the JG A-47 used in it, gave the effect at first glance as a SVD wannabe

• Supporters

Still makes laugh when they keep selling them AK's with folding under stocks and big hi-caps

FB1497(10).jpg

Ergh guys, why didn't you supply the smaller 280rnd FFS

coz in the middle of it all kicking off you can't fold/unfold the bloody stock with hi-cap mag in

You can just about with a 280rnd mag in there - wouldn't that been a wiser mag to supply ???

Ooo, 'proper' SVD mags are a different kettle of fish. Apologies, I'm killing time at work and not paying proper attention, but the short AK mags look close enough, and they fit with the previous caveat about not fitting 'because airsoft', which can generally be remedied with hammers.

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

Ooo, 'proper' SVD mags are a different kettle of fish. Apologies, I'm killing time at work and not paying proper attention, but the short AK mags look close enough, and they fit with the previous caveat about not fitting 'because airsoft', which can generally be remedied with hammers.

I meant the more original SVD mags

Cyma come along trying to make SVD with different mags etc....

(not sure but think Cyma G36 hops are slightly different to JG ones but don't quote me)

wtf they can't work with the already standard stuff ffs

Or offer a folding under arm 028s with 2 x smaller mags so stock can fold/unfold without needing to remove mag

(when $hit starts hitting the fan - ohh I'll pop stock in/out - NOPE I f**king can't, keep shooting ffs...)

Found that out on an old crappy Krinkykoff pile of junk, slapped in a hi-cap...

Ahhh bollox the stock won't fold ffs - use the baby one

might work on some slightly smaller ones/types but it hits on the hi-cap I tried

even trying to twist/turn the end a bit like a game of wire buzz thingy....

Related image

WTF - what is this version, make ya kid wear a loopy hat and twist/turn them around the wire

Does the NSPCC know about this....

I don't wanna play dad

Do as ya told ya little $hit, I could win a years supply of beer

I'm in a funny mood too - but the A&K or Cyma mags can catch people out

for once I found out the difference BEFORE I ordered - think that is a first for me

Hammers - how else do you get a square peg in that round hole ???

with a large drill bit I guess, but hammers are more fun or as fallback

well it is REALLY BROKEN NOW - WALLOP WALLOP WALLOP  yup it's f**cked for sure

Stock? What stock :D I've only seen the short AK mag in high cap and would prefer mids really. Like the idea of making things a bit smaller. Mainly for the pouch carry. The regular banana mags are ok, but a bit big on the vest. Something smaller even at 100 rounds would be ok for my play style. I carry 3-4 mags and have never actually used more than 2 in a CQB game.

20180321_175038-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.6cf4ef97e8c1b4184423907d3fdc7924.jpg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, warlord said:

Stock? What stock :D I've only seen the short AK mag in high cap and would prefer mids really. Like the idea of making things a bit smaller. Mainly for the pouch carry. The regular banana mags are ok, but a bit big on the vest. Something smaller even at 100 rounds would be ok for my play style. I carry 3-4 mags and have never actually used more than 2 in a CQB game.

20180321_175038-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.6cf4ef97e8c1b4184423907d3fdc7924.jpg

Nice weapon comrade, even though I'm not an AK fan I admire a nice one when I see one

As for magazine pouch issue....

You won't need another mag - get yourself one of these bad boys.....

This bloke is both clever and crazy - his extended pistol mags is like David Copperfield reloading.....

I have way too much time on my hands some days

Archived