Secutor Velites GX1, Low power/fps SOLVED

snaggletooth
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've just bought a Secutor Velites GX1, my friend bought the lesser-seen Velites GII (Serbu shorty thing)

Mine has the lowest recorded fps I can find thus far on the internet. It's averaging about 230fps whilst my friends GII is doing 280, 290. Very curious since it has shorter inner barrels when you consider gas expansion. These are purported to do 270fps+ and Youtube reviews support this. Various brands of airsoft green gas yield the same results. I'm a little bummed out because I bought the GX1 for it's power and yet my Marui SPAS12 out performs it.

The gas reservoir has a *slight* slow leak. I wonder if the issue could be with the gas tank or the gun itself. The gas tank does appear to be pushed right up against the receiving nozzle with no play, either way I'm out of ideas and wonder if anyone has any other ideas why it could be losing 50 fps against it's purported power.

Failing this I guess I could run it on MAP/propylene? 

Tri shots are renowned for having lower end fps and gas shotguns are about as efficient as an elephant on a Lambretta. My springer is solid at 290 and outranges Secutors all day long.

My advice, return it.

Mystery solved! I was being overly cautious filling the gas mag! 

Filled it properly for a good length of time and it's now firing circa 280fps. Guess my long history of filling smaller GBB pistol mags doesn't translate to huffing great gas tanks.

Archived