Possible combat machine purchase?

Hoozy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey!

I’ve recently been dissapointed by a gun which is on its way back to the shop, which means I’m in the market for a new RIF. 

I want something I don’t have to mess about with too much. Budget of £200. Mainly play large outdoor sites so a longer range would be favourable.

I was thinking maybe the G&G CM16 SRXL, or possibly the RL-8. 

Cheers guys and gals!

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Hoozy said:

Hey!

I’ve recently been dissapointed by a gun which is on its way back to the shop, which means I’m in the market for a new RIF. 

I want something I don’t have to mess about with too much. Budget of £200. Mainly play large outdoor sites so a longer range would be favourable.

Cheers guys and gals!

CM18 Mod1 or new Raider 2.0 no ETU version

what gun was you having grief with ???

SRXL - nice but I still don't trust G&G ETU's (as you might tell)

Why RL-8 - is it just the mofo sight you like the look of

(get a lens/cover or that will get wrecked)

Personally - just me I love look of CM18 still but has a mid-cap and funny G36 flash hider

Or sod it get a Raider 2.0 if you can find them in stock (swas airsoft maybe)

tbh - anything half decent will do as long as it don't let you down

Get an ICS. I don’t think you can beat them for the price. And the split gearbox means it’s easy to work on. I had a sportline version years ago. Don’t think I ever had an issue with it in years 

1 hour ago, Sitting Duck said:

CM18 Mod1 or new Raider 2.0 no ETU version

what gun was you having grief with ???

SRXL - nice but I still don't trust G&G ETU's (as you might tell)

Why RL-8 - is it just the mofo sight you like the look of

(get a lens/cover or that will get wrecked)

Personally - just me I love look of CM18 still but has a mid-cap and funny G36 flash hider

Or sod it get a Raider 2.0 if you can find them in stock (swas airsoft maybe)

tbh - anything half decent will do as long as it don't let you down

It was a JG AU-4G. Absolute nightmare from day one!

I don’t care about the sight as I have my own (probably better) one! Just liked the aesthetics of those guns in particular. I like the sleeker m4 styles with longer barrels. 

I’ll have a look into those you suggested!

Wo1f, I would but they are a little pricey for me! 

What about a ASG Armalite M15 L? Plenty under my budget from Patrolbase

• Moderators

I’ve many ICS AEGs and my brother has the sportline ones as he didn’t want to spend loads, never had issues with any really and love the quick change system 

I’ve an ASG M15 SIR, uses my ICS mags which is good, does its job well just don’t play enough to use them all more :)

• 4 months later...

I have an ICS M4 A1. I despise it with every fibre of my being.  But it's your gun,your choice.

On 26/03/2018 at 16:41, Hoozy said:

Hey!

I’ve recently been dissapointed by a gun which is on its way back to the shop, which means I’m in the market for a new RIF

Cheers guys and gals!

Going by experience I would go with the G&G CM16.

Great gun to buy on a smaller budget and incredibly reliable with decent out of the box performance.

Despite the recent issue I had with a g&g predator, I really rate the g&g rifles. I used rental versions for a while and they all seemed very solid and were reliable. I was especially impressed with the firehawk, which is probably a bit short for your requirements, but I'd recommend the g&g guns. I plumped for the wild hog for indoors, but they have good range for a small, light rifle.

I went for a Specna Arms mid length for outdoors. They seem to have good internals at lower prices. Mine was just over your £200 budget form Fubar Bundy. Worth a look.

Let us know what you decide. :)

45 minutes ago, tasum said:

Despite the recent issue I had with a g&g predator, I really rate the g&g rifles.

Sorry to derail this abit,  but I was thinking of getting a g&g predator. What problems did you have? 

12 minutes ago, Keldon said:

Sorry to derail this abit,  but I was thinking of getting a g&g predator. What problems did you have? 

Mine had a wobbly fore-end that couldn't be tightened up. Very rare I'm told, but always worth checking if you're in the shop.

For the extra £60 or so, I held off for the CRB. However, I did get the wild hog which seems very solid with many more screws holding the fore-end to the receiver. So g&g overall very reliable. Just check them over. Also, the heavy metal fore-ends in other makes use a larger stump to clamp to, that holds the fore-end, so that could be a factor.

They seem to be great rifles and the predator I shot was very responsive. I'm glad I changed my mind though, as I'm not so keen on the full length fore-end, which I appreciate is part of the attraction.

They also do the polymer version which is a bit cheaper, but the full metal versions I believe have better internals. All very complicated.

I'm sure you'll be very happy with your predator.

• Supporters
On 26/03/2018 at 16:41, Hoozy said:

Hey!

I’ve recently been dissapointed by a gun which is on its way back to the shop, which means I’m in the market for a new RIF

Cheers guys and gals!

I'll just leave this here https://airshooters.net/shop?olsPage=t%2Fspecna-arms

Archived