Best smoke colour

messy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I assumed this would have been an existing topic but couldn't find anything in search.

What do people think is the best smoke colour for concealment? I always prefer to use white where possible because I just like the look of it better but some people I play with swear the darker colour's  are best for actually hiding in. I often hear purple declared as the best but from what I've seen I cant really call it.

Also, enola brought out a black smoke a few years ago....has anyone used one of these?

• Supporters

I’m quite fond of the blue. I have used a couple of the black smokes, they were naff, more of a light grey.

I think it is less about the colour and more about the kind. 

I don't use smokes, but plenty of folk at my local site do. With the same colours I've seen some kinds be extremely thick, so good at concealment and other that are rather washed out and pointless. 

Personal, the blues and purples look ace in pictures! 

Purple no question,blue is good,orange is ok...but Purple...far better imo....see what I did there?...

First of all, make sure your site lets you use coloured smoke. I know mine doesn’t for some strange reason. 

Its less about the colour and more about the mix/size. Enola Gaye make some nice, dense smokes, and the bigger the ‘device’ is, the more smoke you’re likely to get. The TSLFX ones don’t create a wall of smoke, but in the woods, if used correctly puts enough smoke down to reduce visibility enough to move effectively. 

Colour does come into it, but far less than the above.. that being said.. the darker the colour the more difficult it is to see through, so purple is probably your best bet. 

Not sure about colours, I've used a few and all are farely simiar if from the same product range. I like the enola ring pull ones.

I find their effectiveness mostly depends on the wind, a light cross wind is preferable for me.

I have a habit of lobbing one only for it to hit a tree and come back to me. LOL :D

Monkey Magic style disappearing act...

The pic below shows a comparison on the smoke converage levels for the Enola range

Personally I prefer purple, as i like the particular colour and for its ‘density’ and pretty photos

Next probably blue / red

I prefer to reserve black for specific purposes.  Depending on circumstances it may be preferred to not have black smoke in sight from a distance

Depending on the chemical mix some can get chokey in enclosed spaces (which is of course where the instructions say they should not be used, but in sheltered woods etc the smoke can hang in the air for some time)

**** Disclaimer alert - I have Enola Gaye sponsorship so I could be prejudiced, but I’m a fan of their products which is why we sought an sponsorship deal with them ****

3B11D24F-678E-45FA-A2AD-AFF0807123C6.jpeg

Guest pierce09

I spent most of my time in the US with EG and IMO purple seems to give the most dense smoke. the 'black' or charcoal as it comes out was mainly developed for the film industry. I love a mix of green and purple to really conceal.

I'm also a fan of the Burst wire pull over the normal wire pull although I spent most of my time using Mil-X smokes for events.  

Archived