Tokyo marui pistol choice

Greenmagic
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have the P226 and I love the feel of it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, Arwen said:

To be honest, I've yet to find a pistol (except for the desert eagle) that is properly too big for my hands. Most of my "problems" with pistols comes from me being a lefty and the mag release being in precisely the wrong place!

This is one of the reasons I love the HK45 along with it fitting my hands perfectly. It seems to be a H&K thing though as my MP7 and MK23 both have the same type of ambi mag release and it looks like the USP does too.

I'd recommend asking people to have a test of their pistols at a skirmish if you can't make it to stores very easily. It's like I found the ergonomics of the Glock 19 and P226 to be dreadful, which is partly but not entirely to shooting left handed. For some people though this doesn't seem to be so much of an issue as a number of popular models of guns have things like mag releases in weird places or bad fire selectors.

I also still wonder why people can't get 50 metres out of TM pistols stock, it shouldn't require changing anything to achieve on Abbey or Green Gas with 0.25g BBs.

22 minutes ago, Esoterick said:

This is one of the reasons I love the HK45 along with it fitting my hands perfectly. It seems to be a H&K thing though as my MP7 and MK23 both have the same type of ambi mag release and it looks like the USP does too.

I'd recommend asking people to have a test of their pistols at a skirmish if you can't make it to stores very easily. It's like I found the ergonomics of the Glock 19 and P226 to be dreadful, which is partly but not entirely to shooting left handed. For some people though this doesn't seem to be so much of an issue as a number of popular models of guns have things like mag releases in weird places or bad fire selectors.

I also still wonder why people can't get 50 metres out of TM pistols stock, it shouldn't require changing anything to achieve on Abbey or Green Gas with 0.25g BBs.

Have you ever tried a PPQ or P99? The PPQ M2 is fully ambi I believe. I really like the 226 personally, but I couldn't stand the glock. It's a shame that TM don't do a Gen 4 glock, and WE don't reproduce them properly, because one of the big overhauls from Gen3 to Gen4 was accommodating left handed shooters which WE didn't replicate properly. 

2 minutes ago, Greenmagic said:

I got my heart on a Tokyo marui

Thanks for the info

If you want a TM for target shooting, the TM MK23 is tried, tested and trusted ;)

A bit on the large side, but worth the extra weight IMO and easy to get used to.

24 minutes ago, Esoterick said:

It's like I found the ergonomics of the Glock 19 and P226 to be dreadful, which is partly but not entirely to shooting left handed. For some people though this doesn't seem to be so much of an issue as a number of popular models of guns have things like mag releases in weird places or bad fire selectors.

I shoot pistol left, you can swap the side of the mag release on the P226 just for those unaware.

24 minutes ago, Esoterick said:

Most pistols can throw a BB a long way, that's not what I was saying, I meant you will be able to accurately shoot at a genuine measured 50M with a flat trajectory, its max range is more like 65M

20 minutes ago, Greenmagic said:

Thanks alot everyone you been a big help 

I think I'm going with the p226 e2 mainly I think it will fit my son's hands a bit better 

What would be the best gas to get

out of these three 

Abbey 144

Nuprol 2.0 green gas

Nuprol 1.0 

Abbey Predator or Nuprol 2.0, the slightly more powerful gas gives a better cycle and cold weather performance.

5 minutes ago, Greenmagic said:

How Is your pistol holding up with

nuprol 2.0 

The SIGs will run with no problem on high power gas, have run the same pistol for years on Predator or Vertex.

• Root Admin
2 minutes ago, Greenmagic said:

I just checked it out I think it will be a little big looks cool tho reminds me of judge dredd lol

Very spongy trigger though. The most spongy out of all the TM pistols actually as it's double action with no cycling slide.

Hi-capas are what competitive shooters use. High configurable, easy to make changes to the trigger and TM make some excellent ones.

All the TM pistols are a solid choice though. Get your hands on one and see which you like best.

2 hours ago, Greenmagic said:

How Is your pistol holding up with

nuprol 2.0 

No problems with any of mine using it. 

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Greenmagic said:

I would love to go down and have a feel of them but I'm a good couple of hours from a airsoft store that would stock all of them and I thought I could ask a few people on hear

You said you have the hk45 

What do you make of the usp full size because I was dead sett on the 45 but came across the usp they are more or less the same gun but personally  I like the look of the usp a little bet better what do you make of the usp full size

Sorry for the late reply, been up to my eyes in actual work!

Anyway, the HK45 is a development of the USP so they're quite similar. The fit in the hand on the 45 is more ergonomic and the slide is nicer. It has the ambidextrous mag release, the slide release is easy to get to and it has a functioning decocker/safety. I liked the USP Compact but I already had the 45 when it came out and felt no need to change.

If you get around to skirmishing, the choice of holsters may help sway you. There's a lot more options around for the P226 than there is for the HK45!

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Greenmagic said:

Thanks alot 

I've been looking at holsters I seen one on Amazon for £20 do you know anywhere else were they do a good holster

There's loads. Have a look at Fobus holsters or IMI holsters or the Warrior Universal holster https://www.uktactical.com/c-89-warrior-holsters.aspx

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Greenmagic said:

Just checked them out theirs a nice imi rotating holster 

What hk45 do you run normal or tactical 

Normal with a torch. I use the Fobus EM17 holster on their EX thigh rig.

On 3/25/2018 at 9:34 PM, Greenmagic said:

I 100% want a Tokyo marui and will not be upgrading it just leaving it as stock 

You say that, you absolutely say that, until one day the bank contacts you as to why you are -£1000 down from the arrange overdraft.

• Supporters
Just now, Greenmagic said:

Glad to hear you got the normal one both are really nice but I don't do silencer on pistols 

Way back I bought a Socom Gear M9A1 which came with a Gemtech suppressor. Looked the absolute nuts but horrifically impractical!

7 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

You say that, you absolutely say that, until one day the bank contacts you as to why you are -£1000 down from the arrange overdraft.

I've already got a couple of hundred in the checkout basket 

It won't be long before I'm their lol

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Davegolf said:

I shoot pistol left, you can swap the side of the mag release on the P226 just for those unaware.

Most pistols can throw a BB a long way, that's not what I was saying, I meant you will be able to accurately shoot at a genuine measured 50M with a flat trajectory, its max range is more like 65M

Abbey Predator or Nuprol 2.0, the slightly more powerful gas gives a better cycle and cold weather performance.

Yep on the range at RIFT, can hit targets almost as well as with my recoil at that distance. You do realise that people swapping internals with negligible benefit is more or less as common as people overstating ranges with no actual metrics right? It's good that you checked I had though, instead of just assuming I'm pulling ranges out of thin air...

The Serpa holster works well with the P226. 

Hi everyone a big thanks to you all

I've placed my order

now the hard bit waiting for it to come lol

I went for the

p226 

Abbey 144

G&g 0.25 bbs

Imi rotating holster 

Knock down resetting targets and other target's 

And I even picked a little summit else up it was on a good price and a was going to get one later on in the the year the so couldn't resist 

tm vsr 10 g spec with a scope

Me and the boys are going to have a good Easter holidays 

Archived