Tokyo marui pistol choice

Greenmagic
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone 

First of all I'm not into airsoft or member of a club

My oldest son is and recently I've been look to get him a new rifle for his birthday but now have decided to take him shopping to pick his own

But when I was looking I thought I wouldn't mind getting one myself for a bit of target shooting in the garden with my younger son

So It comes up with the question which Tokyo marui pistol do I get ???

I 100% want a Tokyo marui and will not be upgrading it just leaving it as stock 

I am interested in theses model's 

Hk45

Hk usp full size

M&p9 v costom

So what I'm wanting to know what one is the best performance out of the box and what you do and don't you like about all of these pistols and is they any advantages 

I look forward to hearing your comments thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

if it were just for garden plinking I'd go for the one I like the look of most! 

USP is certainly the newest but it's got a 15mm cylinder like the rest so will perform more or less identically.  Marui generally make a 'system' and then build the gun round it, the system very rarely changes unless the form factor of the gun dictates it; e.g. for a 1911 the blowback unit must be a little smaller than it would in other guns. 

• Supporters

Almost all airsoft triggers are a bit crap, even compared to run-of-the-mill real guns let alone Geissele or CMC.  Buy what you like the look of, or much better yet go to a shop and handle them because 45 has a fairly fat grip compared to most guns (most being double stack 9mm replicas) and USP controls are that European style that's very slightly different to the M&P.  If you can't handle them in person just pick what you like the look of, really doesn't matter in the slightest.

I know you were leaving them stock, but you may want to think about an aftermarket trigger if it’s a concern for you. Personally I’ve had good and bad triggers. Eg WE P226 trigger is nice IMO. I’ve seen a few upgrade options for the M&P9

Get the pistol that feels nicer. 

I always thought that the M92F series felt nice, I then got a P226E2 and realised that yes, some pistols are more equal than others! 

In terms of performance, there is probably a Rizla paper's width between the last half a dozen or so offerings from TM I would wager. 

It is hard to beat the 1911 or P226 for a pistol, partly in thanks to the RS ergonomics, but the way TM made the internals work on these definitely works better than most of there others.

Nice triggers and reliability amongst other perks

Thanks alot everyone your a big help after further looking I've changed my mind a little bit and im going to be ordering tomorrow it's out of these now 

Usp compact

P226 e2

Px4

Mp9 v

I changed the usp to compact because it might fit my son's hand a bid better ???

Taking that in mind what do you think will be best 

10 minutes ago, Greenmagic said:

Thanks alot everyone your a big help after further looking I've changed my mind a little bit and im going to be ordering tomorrow it's out of these now 

Usp compact

P226 e2

Px4

Mp9 v

I changed the usp to compact because it might fit my son's hand a bid better ???

Pro Airsoft Supplies are doing a sale and have a TM USP Compact. 

https://proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/en/weapons/pistols/tm-usp-compact

I think they only have one in stock, only £109, cheapest you are likely to see a new TM pistol. Pro have great customer service too. 

If money is no object, I would prefer the PX4 from an aesthetic point of view, but good luck finding one under 150. 

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Greenmagic said:

Usp compact

P226 e2

Px4

Mp9 v

I'd say that the USP Compact is kind of a small gun for people with big hands! I have a big ole mitts and the USP compact is a great fit. I personally found the P226 E2 too small (prefer the original grip size) but my current pistol is the TM HK45 which is a beast and super comfy in the hand.

Guest scalawag

The grip and trigger on the real steel P226 E2 were altered to try and better accommodate shooters with smaller hands so it might be better for younger players.

If you are used to larger grips it can feel a bit small at first, but if you have smaller hands it is a great improvement over the original P226 grip.  

That said I have both the WE P226 R with a set of original Sig grips on it and the WE E2 and I find both are ok for me in spite of not having particularly large hands. Difficult to choose between them, and the only real way you will find out what is the most natural feeling pistol for you is to pick them all up and see which you like the feel of best.

Guest scalawag

I'm a bit biased as I love my Sigs, but I think the P226E2 would be a good choice as it is redesigned with the slightly smaller hand in mind.  But as I said it won't be until you pick it up that you know if it is right for you.  Its not really something anyone can tell you about in advance.

Myself personally I would be happy with any I'm just trying to think about my son I would be gutted if I get one and he can't shoot it

Does the p226 have a smaller profile  (handle) then the usp compact I thought the usp was the smallest with been compact 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Greenmagic said:

Myself personally I would be happy with any I'm just trying to think about my son I would be gutted if I get one and he can't shoot it

Does the p226 have a smaller profile  (handle) then the usp compact I thought the usp was the smallest with been compact 

USP Compact is a compact frame pistol in as much as it has a shorter grip and barrel/slide. The proportions of the grip are still quite chunky though.

The P226 E2 has a smaller profile because it was specifically designed with smaller handed people in mind. Glocks are generally quite small in the hand too (one of the multitude of reasons that I don't like them).

It's not just the size of the grip you need to take into account as the location of the controls may cause issue. For example, while the grip on a 1911 is relatively slim, the slide release can be a stretch if you have short thumbs. Best bet is to actually get to a shop and hold some.

I would love to go down and have a feel of them but I'm a good couple of hours from a airsoft store that would stock all of them and I thought I could ask a few people on hear

You said you have the hk45 

What do you make of the usp full size because I was dead sett on the 45 but came across the usp they are more or less the same gun but personally  I like the look of the usp a little bet better what do you make of the usp full size

I have tiny hands (size 6 if you know how glove sizes work) and although it looks slightly silly, I can use the TM MK23 with no real problems one handed. It feels much nicer using both hands "properly" though.

The USP and USP compact felt even better in my hands, still big but the ergonomics of them meant they were perfectly useable. 

To be honest, I've yet to find a pistol (except for the desert eagle) that is properly too big for my hands. Most of my "problems" with pistols comes from me being a lefty and the mag release being in precisely the wrong place!

Go for the P226 e2, the grip and fit is much better than the P226R, especially when wearing gloves.

Ive had 2 PX4s and they are very nice ergonomically but the mechanics and trigger are a far cry from the SIG.

In standard form run 0.25s, the hop unit will struggle to lift heavier BBs.

Use Blaster Devils, they are a little tougher which is good for the violent loading of a GBB nozzle.

Best bolt on upgrade for these is a PDI W-hold bucking, you can lift over 0.3s then and accurately shoot out to 50M.

The P229 is a bit smaller than the P226 (look pretty much and operates the same)  so will probably fit smaller hands a bit better could be worth a look? I ordered a WE 226 of Patrol Base but they sent us a 229 by accident (I assume:D)

and fell in love with the dimensions of it really nice and compact so was not going to kick up any fuss about that! However Davegolf mentioned about gloves, its not too friendly with "heavy" gloves

But straight out of the Box the Mk 23 is absolutely amazing! Patrol Base had these in too a couple of days ago also offering upgrades. TBH though I probably wouldn't bother with them this is just that good :P 

Archived