cheaters (rant)

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

16 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Took a freindly fire shot to the back of the head after respawning (no bloody clue as to why our snipers were BEHIND our spawn!!!!) took me off my feet for a while, had to sit down. Was in so much pain!!

Been there before except it was from about 5ft and square in the back of my neck literally had to take myself out of the game. Apparently the guy was trying to run and gun....

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way to deal with cheaters is to keep shooting them until they call the hit, if you need to change position and get a different angle to be sure of the hit then so be it.

I will often try and find a different spot to hit them on to discount not feeling it through a plate carrier or something, the other thing to do is ask a marshall to check if your BB's are reaching where you are shooting, this avoids calling out a cheater but has the same effect of getting them checked.

People not calling their hits (in order of what to do for each successive non-taking of hit)

1. Inform a marshal. Detailed-as-you-can report of the player. Location can help too.
  2. Call out no hit taking, inform a marshal again (preferably the same marshal)
  3. Call out no hit taking, burst of BBs, inform a marshal once again (tbh if they still haven't done anything I'd be surprised)
  4. Call a marshal over to you (You have temporary permission to god-mode this, as you are temporarily out of the game), take the marshal to the specific player not taking his hits.

In all honestly, if after that (especially no4) they're still not taking hits and the site doesn't kick them out I'd very much question returning to that site.

26 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

People not calling their hits (in order of what to do for each successive non-taking of hit)

1. Inform a marshal. Detailed-as-you-can report of the player. Location can help too.
  2. Call out no hit taking, inform a marshal again (preferably the same marshal)
  3. Call out no hit taking, burst of BBs, inform a marshal once again (tbh if they still haven't done anything I'd be surprised)
  4. Call a marshal over to you (You have temporary permission to god-mode this, as you are temporarily out of the game), take the marshal to the specific player not taking his hits.

In all honestly, if after that (especially no4) they're still not taking hits and the site doesn't kick them out I'd very much question returning to that site.

What?

No player has the power to "take themselves" out of the game short of walking back into the SZ. God mode because you're talking to a marshall? Riiiight... As for calling out for non hit taking, BIG no no. Tell a marshall but nerver engage the player verbally over their inability to feel hits.

On 3/26/2018 at 10:25 AM, Samurai said:

I marshall sometimes. A few times people wave me down, point to a guy and tell me that he is not taking his hits.

Not much I can do. I look for a while and see nothing special happening. Then I try to remember the guy and check on him later. I can't decide after the incident happens if he didn't take his hits or the shooter just thought he hits the target. I have never been able to catch someone cheating as a marshall. I could point out a few times that the shooter didn't have the range, BBs were falling short.

As a player, most of the times I see someone not taking his hits, I go and play on an other part of the site and grunt about it for a while. Sometimes the cheater does win some headshots just for good measure. He screws up many other player's day so he is a bad person :) and if you don't want to get headshots wear full protection or don't play airsoft. Part of the game.

I think what some do is judge by number of complaints. If one person complains then who knows but if several different ppl complain then hes prob an issue. If you don't catch them doing it then you cant really be strict but you can have a word saying you've had several complaints and would you mind terribly being a bit more aware of your hits. 

I can well and truly assure you, if you took yourself out the game to speak to a marshal about someone not taking their hits, then respawn back @ respawn, absolutely nobody would give a flying f*ck. Marshal's included. You're not cheating in any way/shape/form. Unless of course you feel like you want to get smacked a thousand times by BBs, you take yourself out the game to deal with the matter.

And yes god mode because you're talking to a marshal? Are you serious lol? You are taking yourself OUT of the game to deal with a matter.

As stated, you've already informed a marshal about the non-hit taking. Simply shouting out 'CALL YOUR HITS PLEASE' isn't a big no no as far as I'm concerned. That is The Mall's way of doing it and it's a cover-all to stop highly strung players starting an argument 'OH YM GOD DUDE LEARN 2 TAKE UR f*cking HITS AZASIFJAOSFHDSF' is completely different to what I said to do.

1 minute ago, steakandpotato said:

I can well and truly assure you, if you took yourself out the game to speak to a marshal about someone not taking their hits, then respawn back @ respawn, absolutely nobody would give a flying f*ck. Marshal's included. You're not cheating in any way/shape/form. Unless of course you feel like you want to get smacked a thousand times by BBs, you take yourself out the game to deal with the matter.

And yes god mode because you're talking to a marshal? Are you serious lol? You are taking yourself OUT of the game to deal with a matter.

As stated, you've already informed a marshal about the non-hit taking. Simply shouting out 'CALL YOUR HITS PLEASE' isn't a big no no as far as I'm concerned. That is The Mall's way of doing it and it's a cover-all to stop highly strung players starting an argument 'OH YM GOD DUDE LEARN 2 TAKE UR f*cking HITS AZASIFJAOSFHDSF' is completely different to what I said to do.

It just creates tension between teams and players if they take it into their own hands. Our marshalls advise that if someone is not taking their hits to inform a marshall and not even address it verbally for the aforementioned reasons. I am a mall player too, this is why I quote what they say in briefings every damn week.

You obviously don't bloody listen when they marshall is flapping his gums then?

What creates tension is people not taking their hits. I don't let it bother me that much, but I've played with people (at The Mall as well) that have flat out given up and gone home because people are not calling hits and marshals done nothing about it.

As much as I try to stay away from 'Hur durp im the cuztomer u shud do watever i say', it is their job to deal with people not taking their hits. It ruins people's day. The Mall is particularly strict on 'dont call anything back out'. I imagine they have their reasons, but the Mall tends to also have decent marshals, so it's acceptable.

Other sites sometimes have marshal's that aren't hot on non-hit taking, and I can promise you, the marshal's themselves don't care much when you do what I said.

Yes, clearly, because I have the ability to recognise when someone isn't doing their job, that therefore means I don't listen to marshals. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, jcheeseright said:

I have never once seen someone shout ‘take your hits’ and then a player from the other side put up their hand and be all ‘fair cop guv’.  

Just doesn’t happen! 

I have. I've done it myself. Didn't realise I got hit (Was wearing a massive backpack). Dude shouted 'I hit you man, call it' I said 'my bad mate I cant feel sh*t on my back' and went back to respawn

I was actually thinking the other day while watching a sites ariel video, that drones are so brilliant for sites....not only can they get great vids and pics for the site but they would be so useful for watching out for cheats and rule violations.....some of the cameras you can get can give you a very close up picture from a hight that players would have no clue they were being watched.

Maybe going a bit far but for really big events you could even strap a speaker to one so the marshals can talk to players and do their Marshalling remotely - 1 marshal could cover a much bigger area and spot players in need of help alot quicker :P

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, messy said:

I was actually thinking the other day while watching a sites ariel video, that drones are so brilliant for sites....not only can they get great vids and pics for the site but they would be so useful for watching out for cheats and rule violations.....some of the cameras you can get can give you a very close up picture from a hight that players would have no clue they were being watched.

Maybe going a bit far but for really big events you could even strap a speaker to one so the marshals can talk to players and do their Marshalling remotely - 1 marshal could cover a much bigger area and spot players in need of help alot quicker :P

No. 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

I have never once seen someone shout ‘take your hits’ and then a player from the other side put up their hand and be all ‘fair cop guv’.  

Just doesn’t happen! 

^ +1 to this.

Give the marshalls a shout, if they don’t do anything, don’t return. It’s in their interest to do something, even if it’s just a word in their ear.

If they don’t, that sites reputation will drop and then so will player numbers, in such a niche sport, sites really cannot afford to do this.

I know of a couple of sites that have developed a reputation like this, trouble is, I like those sites, but if it’s going to be more hassle than fun, I won’t be going back.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

I have. I've done it myself. Didn't realise I got hit (Was wearing a massive backpack). Dude shouted 'I hit you man, call it' I said 'my bad mate I cant feel sh*t on my back' and went back to respawn

me too, i have had people call it a few times, and for the sake of defusing tension i tend to roll with it, mainly because that's how i'd expect others to act.

of course that philosophy doesnt work both ways in reality....

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

me too, i have had people call it a few times, and for the sake of defusing tension i tend to roll with it, mainly because that's how i'd expect others to act.

of course that philosophy doesnt work both ways in reality....

often do this if unsure, plus it can give you an advantage after re spawn, you lose a few mins but can come back into the game with a better knowledge of what should be in front of you when you get there....its not like your siting out for ages, 

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, messy said:

Please take your hits. You have 20 seconds to comply.

2515113.jpg.size-600_maxheight-600_squar

• Supporters
1 hour ago, jcheeseright said:

I've had it happen to me at the Depot, if not regularly then repeatedly.  However, it's all about how you express yourself.

I've cheerfully called myself out a few times when someone has politely opined that they're sure that they've hit me at close range, even when I've not felt it.  In   that situation, we can't both be right, and at least one of us is going to be unhappy.  I can't control their beliefs or reactions, but I can control mine.

We're just playing a game, and the more smiles the better.

• Supporters

@Duff and @steakandpotato let me clarify a few things about how the mall works. 

If you feel the need to step out to speak to a marshall then please do as that is exactly what is expected. If while doing this you get shot then respawn if you are not shot return to where you started and carry on.

Do not call players out.

If you have an exchange up close and personal and you quietly say I think I got you bud then 90% of time players will just call it and apologise but be aware some will get stroppy and that is why it is discouraged.

Any player screaming take your fuckin hits is either warned or straight sat out.

The marshalls will always act on any report and will monitor the player or area but will need to see it themselves as you can't kick a player because MR A says he shot MR B because trust me 99% of the time MR A didn't.

Just because you don't see a marshall act doesn't mean they haven't it is just players are dealt with respectfully and not paraded.

Last of all always listen to marshalls as it is there job to run the day and yours to play. Any site you choose to play marshalls word is final and that is how it has to be.

I know how the Mall works, it's my main site?

As I said in my previous posts, calling players out directly is pointless. It just puts peoples backs up. I always let the marshalls know if I see someone not calling hits, or dead men talking etc.

Not sure why this was directed at me tbh...

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Duff said:

I know how the Mall works, it's my main site?

As I said in my previous posts, calling players out directly is pointless. It just puts peoples backs up. I always let the marshalls know if I see someone not calling hits, or dead men talking etc.

Not sure why this was directed at me tbh...

Was not aimed at you in a malicious way it was just to both as you were bickering about it.

Informing the marshalls is 100% the correct action bud and good to see some stick by it. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
2 hours ago, steakandpotato said:

Didn't realise I got hit (Was wearing a massive backpack). Dude shouted 'I hit you man, call it' I said 'my bad mate I cant feel sh*t on my back' and went back to respawn

Hopefully this was your cue to remove the backpack as it hindered your ability to play the game, correct?

8 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Was aimed at you in a malicious way it was just to both as you were bickering about it.

Informing the marshalls is 100% the correct action bud and good to see some stick by it. 

Ah right I see, yeah I agree. Thanks for backing me up on the facts.

19 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Hopefully this was your cue to remove the backpack as it hindered your ability to play the game, correct?

But where is the picnic and kitchen sink going to go?

• Mostly Retired Moderators

In your Leg pockets :lol:

I'm nervous about playing my first game with the Tippmann on Sunday, having the HPA tank on my back and not feeling a hit.

It'll hopefully be alright though as I've got plenty of blubber all round to hit instead 

Archived