cheaters (rant)

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

My home sites (Cribbs &Portishead) have paid marshaling staff , they work for black ops and you can most definitely tell the difference ! I’m on first name turms with most of them and I do consider them friends but if I digress from the path of goodness I fully expect (and do receive!) the rath of one of them , and rightly sow ! 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/04/2018 at 9:24 PM, steakandpotato said:

Tbf - they could do something along the lines of: Gun hit = take mag out, clear gun, put mag back in. Effectively it temporarily takes someone out the game. Although that would be pretty difficult to monitor properly

One site i use if you get a gun hit then your not out but need to use your side arm, which is ok but last game i got called out for not taking a hit when the hit was on my gun which i put down and used my pistol 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, madmogga said:

One site i use if you get a gun hit then your not out but need to use your side arm, which is ok but last game i got called out for not taking a hit when the hit was on my gun which i put down and used my pistol 

i learned the hard way- duck into cover then shout gun hit

otherwise you're just inviting a bb to the noggin :D

• Supporters
On 13/04/2018 at 5:24 PM, madmogga said:

One site i use if you get a gun hit then your not out but need to use your side arm, 

I’ve always liked this idea , relation to this it’s the only real bugbear I have at my home site there ruling is a gun hit your dead and out head marshal says “you get hit in the gun the flying metal would incapacitate you” now I can see his logic behind it just don’t agree BUT that’s his ruling so I’ll honour it as he’s one of the best I’ve ever come across and I really like the guy so I won’t argue the toss over it ! 

10 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve always liked this idea , relation to this it’s the only real bugbear I have at my home site there ruling is a gun hit your dead and out head marshal says “you get hit in the gun the flying metal would incapacitate you” now I can see his logic behind it just don’t agree BUT that’s his ruling so I’ll honour it as he’s one of the best I’ve ever come across and I really like the guy so I won’t argue the toss over it ! 

I played at UCAP Green Ops the other weekend, and had a ruling of 'Gun hit whilst gun is up - nothing. Gun hit whilst by your side/across your torso - hit'

Personally, I feel as thought that's the best method for gun hits.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, steakandpotato said:

I played at UCAP Green Ops the other weekend, and had a ruling of 'Gun hit whilst gun is up - nothing. Gun hit whilst by your side/across your torso - hit'

Personally, I feel as thought that's the best method for gun hits.

could be complex though, like for example if i'm using the mg then the gurttrommel will block almost any attempt at a headshot despite being only tin and a real bullet would go straight through it.

i think either it counts or it doesnt as a simple ruling is the best way, otherwise we could go very technical as to individual cases of wether or not the gun would have stopped the bullet.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

could be complex though, like for example if i'm using the mg then the gurttrommel will block almost any attempt at a headshot despite being only tin and a real bullet would go straight through it.

i think either it counts or it doesnt as a simple ruling is the best way, otherwise we could go very technical as to individual cases of wether or not the gun would have stopped the bullet.

Ironsight do gun hits in a pretty unique way compared to other sites I've been to. If it's in life with you it counts if it's to the side of your body it doesn't. So if you poke it round a corner and it gets shot it doesn't count but you can't just hide behind your gun. It's still not perfect and requires honesty and is generally a judgment call but it's not caused a problem that I've seen.

22 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I'm confused by your statement of the gurttrommel blocking headshots

• Supporters
1 hour ago, steakandpotato said:

I'm confused by your statement of the gurttrommel blocking headshots

it covers the front half of your face pretty well. it shouldn't block them as well as it does but first time out with it was amazed how many times it was stopping me from getting hit.

10 hours ago, Samurai said:

I like when the gun hits count. In airsoft a single twig can actually protect you, so I'm okay with making it a little easier to get hit.

I was on the fence about the gun hit rule. However, after today I'm going to agree with this.

Hit a few folk today where I was close enough to witness the bb hit their gun, then continue up and hit their shoulder/chest. They called gun hit and carried on, as was the rules of the game. Gun hits don't count, ricochet's don't count. 

Still felt a bit cheated <_< but meh, 

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Samurai said:

I like when the gun hits count. In airsoft a single twig can actually protect you, so I'm okay with making it a little easier to get hit.

Depends on environment. In the woods where you generally are seeing a whole person gun hits are ok. CQB where guns usually have to start coming round corners ahead of the person or are poking through doors though it would become a bit stupid.

Gun hits i think are stupid.. leaves it way to open for people to just yell gun hit when they have actually taken a body hit. I do however like the rule that some people have mentioned if a site does have gun its, i that if the gun is hit that gun is out of use if you have it in hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read the entire contents of this thread. But just wanted to put in my thoughts and ask something myself.

Firstly on the recent comments regarding gun hits. I like the switch to secondary if gun is hit. But i do think the whole rule is too open to abuse and should not be used. Its a bit like the "solid ricochet counts as a hit". What defines a solid ricochet? As people said cheaters gonna cheat, and that ricochet will never be solid enough. So i hate ricochets counting to be honest.

But my question(s) to pose are these.

- 50/50's: If you come round a corner and both shoot, i pretty much always expect the 50/50 and hand goes up. What happens when people give the "i shot first" bullshit. IRL mate trigger pulls are gonna happen simultaneously and people gonna trade a kill. So i think 50/50's are always a thing and people should call it. Then there is the cheater who will get shot whilst his gun is down, raise it way after, and start calling a 50/50. That fucks me off so much. I got gopro footage the other week, im laying on the floor and kill 2 guys crossing a door way who clearly dont know where they are shot from, i continue to shoot and then get shot. They both hand up and walk off as do i, but i got those kills way early.

- The second thing is, whats your stance if you get hit because you had to go out of your way to tell a cheater hes a fucking cheater. For example you shoot someone and thye dont know where they are shot from. you move up to an obviously exposed position to get them, which you do then get shot from somewhere else. That just fucks me off cos people dont take it the first time. Equally occasions where you have to complain to someone or they are mouthing off cos you called them out and that distraction gets you killed. Or your killed whilst telling a marshal, are you in or out?

Rich

• Supporters

I cheated last time I was out.  We were defending a structure, one of the other team managed to get in our rear, and popped us from behind.  I thought I'd taken a stinger of a ricochet, called it as such, and only twigged when I got hit again and looked round.

Humble apologies were made, and copious congratulations offered.  And I think that's what matters.  Celebrate good play by either side, put a smile on someone's face, even if it's not yours.

I find people who have a more powerful scope on their gun than their gun is

They think the have hit you but you see the bb roll slowly towards you 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I cheated last time I was out.  We were defending a structure, one of the other team managed to get in our rear, and popped us from behind.  I thought I'd taken a stinger of a ricochet, called it as such, and only twigged when I got hit again and looked round.

Humble apologies were made, and copious congratulations offered.  And I think that's what matters.  Celebrate good play by either side, put a smile on someone's face, even if it's not yours.

That is not cheating just a genuine mistake and happens to us all. To be fair unless I am 100% it was a ricochet I call.

Better to visit regen 5 times on a maybe that not visit it on a definite hit. If in doubt just call.

I refuse to get into arguments about hits. Quite often I've just responded to some one crying they've hit me, when I'm pretty sure they haven't, simply by walking back to regen. Not worth the grief.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, warlord said:

I refuse to get into arguments about hits. Quite often I've just responded to some one crying they've hit me, when I'm pretty sure they haven't, simply by walking back to regen. Not worth the grief.

Thing is you never know if they have. We all take hits we don't feel or hear so better for the sake of a quick stroll to regen to just go with it.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Thing is you never know if they have. We all take hits we don't feel or hear so better for the sake of a quick stroll to regen to just go with it.

and that sometimes gives you an advantage on your return!

can be amusing when you see the same person pass you several times with a smile on their face! :lol:

1 hour ago, richmt11 said:

I haven't read the entire contents of this thread. But just wanted to put in my thoughts and ask something myself.

Firstly on the recent comments regarding gun hits. I like the switch to secondary if gun is hit. But i do think the whole rule is too open to abuse and should not be used. Its a bit like the "solid ricochet counts as a hit". What defines a solid ricochet? As people said cheaters gonna cheat, and that ricochet will never be solid enough. So i hate ricochets counting to be honest.

But my question(s) to pose are these.

- 50/50's: If you come round a corner and both shoot, i pretty much always expect the 50/50 and hand goes up. What happens when people give the "i shot first" bullshit. IRL mate trigger pulls are gonna happen simultaneously and people gonna trade a kill. So i think 50/50's are always a thing and people should call it. Then there is the cheater who will get shot whilst his gun is down, raise it way after, and start calling a 50/50. That fucks me off so much. I got gopro footage the other week, im laying on the floor and kill 2 guys crossing a door way who clearly dont know where they are shot from, i continue to shoot and then get shot. They both hand up and walk off as do i, but i got those kills way early.

- The second thing is, whats your stance if you get hit because you had to go out of your way to tell a cheater hes a fucking cheater. For example you shoot someone and thye dont know where they are shot from. you move up to an obviously exposed position to get them, which you do then get shot from somewhere else. That just fucks me off cos people dont take it the first time. Equally occasions where you have to complain to someone or they are mouthing off cos you called them out and that distraction gets you killed. Or your killed whilst telling a marshal, are you in or out?

Rich

For most of that I would just live with it

some people cheat, some play to different rules (whether specific hits count), often we don’t know the reality of how the ball we fired has hit or not, particularly in airsoft sometimes the recipient doesn’t feel it

If youre talking to me as a Marshall or I as a Marshall expose you then I can make a call as Marshall to declare you live, or tell you to just step back to a convenient majic  invisible spawn

• Supporters

Iindeed, keep it simple, no such thing as a net being "hard cover", gun hits either count or they don't otherwise it just confuses people, same goes for ricochets.

and bang kills are courtesy only- they can take it or not but if not you'd better be in a position to get them for it before they can get you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

well, i think today has peaked new heights of "creative use of game mechanics", our star winner was able to withstand the full might of 6 people's most distinct hint (by means of solid full auto) that perhaps calling a hit, or at least ducking, might be a good plan. wasnt even a short time too, it was 30 solid seconds of pelting, i'm surprised they can still walk.

honorouble mention to whoever could take 3 blasts to the dome at point blank without noticing.

• Supporters

Oh, right.  We had an enemy sniper walk up to us at a recent milsim-lite and have a right go at a chap for not taking his hits, because "he knew what he'd seen through his scope".

As it turned out, he'd got a gun hit on then shredded the shrubbery next to a player-marshall, so that wasn't the brightest idea ever.

Since cheat calling is as bad as cheating, I'd like to report that he was invited to pack up and go home forthwith, and the whole site clapped. But truth to tell, there were no consequences for him, which was rather disappointing.

I don't have a problem with rules.  I do have a problem with rules that are announced but are not enforced - and seen to not be enforced - because once you go down that route, you're only encouraging more shenanigans.

On 4/26/2018 at 12:40 PM, richmt11 said:

Rich

I would say that you don't ever complain to a player, if you have a problem tell a martial.

Even if you calling out to them politely to tell them you have hit them, who is in the best position to tell if they have been hit, them or you? Yes they may be cheating but then again they may not be and you are just seeing things wrong and trying to call them out will only cause unnecessary animosity. 

Also, regardless of what you are trying to do in terms of communicating, you are either in the game or you are not so if you want to be in the game and you get hit then thats that. If what you want to do/say is so important that you have to do it then take yourself out of the game (dead) or stay in and just accept that anyone who shoots you is doing so entirely within fair play.

On 4/26/2018 at 1:09 PM, Rogerborg said:

I've been in so many games where I have no idea where fire is coming from that now if i feel a solid hit my arms goes up as a subconscious reaction. If I think i may have felt something but not sure I check my surroundings - if im miles from anything/anyone ill stay very still and quiet for a moment to see if i can feel a follow up shot and if not i carry on. If im in the middle of a fire fight ill just call a hit.

Archived