cheaters (rant)

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, steakandpotato said:

I regularly get team killed at the mall by people who panic-react-shoot. There's no harm done there as I don't really care too much as it wasn't intentional. Miss the mall - it's the one site I've gone to where I can actually feel the tension of moving through corridors quietly and setting up traps

Its good to see that some people do not let team killing get to them in there. It is dark and intense and full of tight corners so it a given that it is going to happen but some people still get a strop on.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

If you wanna go play rambo don't go moaning to me when I don't join in. Or if you want my help bloody ask for it. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
On 05/04/2018 at 13:52, Gepard said:

If you wanna go play rambo don't go moaning to me when I don't join in. Or if you want my help bloody ask for it. 

Yeah, or the fact I've paid just as much money to be here as you - you don't get to boss me around.

20 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Yeah, or the fact I've paid just as much money to be here as you - you don't get to boss me around.

This quote NEVER works at home with the mrs though :( 

• Supporters

I have a slightly different take on this as Sunday there were a lot of people just milling so some friendly encouragement was a good thing.

I regularly try to get players to stop camping and go exploring as that way everyone has a better day. Often charging in is the best tactic and it can be frustrating when you cant get anywhere because your team make no effort to back you up.

As for Rambo types last game of the day a team was complaining about being trapped near regen and two players changed sides and within ten minutes that team had 2/3rds of the mall, coincidence?

No just the fact that even two people pushing can make a world of difference. So when people do not try it is frustrating for the rest of the team.

1 hour ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

absolutely, it's a cracking site once you get used to finding your way around... there's nothing like taking a sneaky detour through the basement for a flanking move, although I almost always seem to get shot by my own team at that point :D

Agreed - Although I miss not having a clue where I was. Added to the fear factor. Especially when they brought that bastard jester out.

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Its good to see that some people do not let team killing get to them in there. It is dark and intense and full of tight corners so it a given that it is going to happen but some people still get a strop on.

It's the Mall. It's full of tight corners where you have half a second to decide whether you're going to take the shot or risk getting shot yourself. Don't get me wrong - I get a little wound up (not that I really say anything) when I've been in the same area trying to push through for 5 or so minutes, and a team mate snaps me in the back instead of checking what team I'm on whilst I'm unaware he's even there - but oh well. Adrenaline rush etc

• Supporters

I don't mind people that are actively trying to encourage others to push up and play together but it's those that get in a paddy over it when you don't obey them. It's just the attitude behind it which I don't like. I'll absolutely storm that room with you if you're not yelling at me telling me to "get your arse up there and stop camping" as one guy put it - even though the objective was to hold our position..

Funnily enough it's never from the regulars either. 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Gepard said:

I don't mind people that are actively trying to encourage others to push up and play together but it's those that get in a paddy over it when you don't obey them. It's just the attitude behind it which I don't like. I'll absolutely storm that room with you if you're not yelling at me telling me to "get your arse up there and stop camping" as one guy put it - even though the objective was to hold our position..

Funnily enough it's never from the regulars either. 

No player should ever be yelling at another.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No player should ever be yelling at another.

I just ignored him and continued picking off the other team from my nice little hidey hole. He tried to push it about 3 times and got a nice respawn for his troubles. We won the round, too. 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Mmm, I do prefer to be on blue rather than yellow simply because it's easier to see yellow bands.

indeed, a lot of the sites i play at do a yellow/nothing team marking, and it's always weighted towards the unmarked team as the moment you see a yellow band you know to shoot, whereas if you are yellow and you can't see the band is it an enemy or a freind who's band you cant see.

not to mention once you're all camo'd up and you have this lovely yellow band sticking out like a sore thumb.

i'd say if you're gonna mark teams like that it's fairer to do both teams with a colour. although for the most part it's a non-issue if you're not sneaking about behind enemy lines as you know where your mates are and where the enemy is.

mate of mine once got shot because of a union flag on his shirt, was the only bit of him the other guy could see but he knew that he was the only one with that flag and that he was on the other team.

Just playing a bit of devil's advocate here, but could it be the amount of gear people wear they simply don't feel/hear some hits? I run relatively light so I feel hits on my arms and legs easily, and a hit on my vest if it catches a mag is easy to hear - and a shot on the lid makes one hell of a sound so you can't miss it.

But I do wonder if people are wearing vest/pouches/hoodie - will they necessarily feel a shot over a longer distance?

I play by the rule of , "if in doubt - call a hit". I had one instance where I couldn't tell if I'd been hit on my leg - it was a soft tap, could've been a branch in the grass, or a loose strap -  we were in the middle of an assault between a large open area so I called the hit.

• Head Moderator
12 minutes ago, AndyDynamic said:

Just playing a bit of devil's advocate here, but could it be the amount of gear people wear they simply don't feel/hear some hits?

But I do wonder if people are wearing vest/pouches/hoodie - will they necessarily feel a shot over a longer distance?

Shhh! You will wake up the trolls.  "Players can wear what ever they want regardless of whether they can feel hits or not" - discuss.

I think that plate carriers do lessen the impact of hits and at times cause an issue. I wear a Dye i4 mask and Fast helmet and definitely can hear when I am hit there, however, even a simple tactical vest will mean hits get missed because the BB makes little sound or is not painful to indicate a hit. 

I try and aim for a player's legs and arms where they will feel it. Now if only I was a better shot and could hit my targets ;)

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, AndyDynamic said:

Just playing a bit of devil's advocate here, but could it be the amount of gear people wear they simply don't feel/hear some hits? I run relatively light so I feel hits on my arms and legs easily, and a hit on my vest if it catches a mag is easy to hear - and a shot on the lid makes one hell of a sound so you can't miss it.

I play by the rule of , "if in doubt - call a hit". I had one instance where I couldn't tell if I'd been hit on my leg - it was a soft tap, could've been a branch in the grass, or a loose strap -  we were in the middle of an assault between a large open area so I called the hit.

i agree with you fully there, and if someone claims they're hitting me i'll take it out of decency.

whilst on the one hand yes gear can stop you feeling hits, especially at long range where there's less potency when you do get hit, on the other you have to wear something, you're always going to need mags, and those mags need pouches, and those pouches need to be mounted to something.

and needless to say the gear folk wear to stop hits hurting (hoodies, masks, gloves, knee/elbow pads etc) isn't going to help feeling those hits if they are light. so i don't think demanding people remove kit that stops them feeling hits unless they're going full hurt locker.

one thing i don't like is gun hits, kind of immersion breaking, surely if you get gun hit you should stop using that gun for the rest of the round as if it had actually been broken.

thing is there's a line between folk genuinely not feeling hits and folk that do and ignore them anyway.

• Supporters

I always carry a sidearm so i guess that's a bit of a tainted perspective on my part.

first time i took the mg out was madness though, it might seem slender but the amount of times i was getting gun hits (especially on that big side drum) was crazy and i couldn't help but think that a tin box really shouldn't stop what in the real world would have been a crippling amount of face shrapnel.

same thing goes for the f2000, it's almost a shield :P

1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

I try and aim for a player's legs and arms where they will feel it. Now if only I was a better shot and could hit my targets ;)

Now that might be a better idea, might explain why the three players in a corridor directly in front of didn't get hit once by a full pistol mag, time to aim for the shins instead of centre mass! 😂

• Supporters

Usual question: does it actually happen though?  I hear a lot of warnings about no more warnings being given, but have yet to see anyone actually be invited to sit out or leave the site.  It doesn't mean that it doesn't happen, just that I've got no evidence that it does.

Aside, a blue team-mate was bawwing about being repeatedly team killed (this is the same guy who got an epic grump on about being test shot) and was wailing "Do I look like a yellow?"

I pointed to the big bright yellow patch on his vest strap, next to the dark blue band on his arm, and said "Kind of, yes".

Sometimes the bleedin' obvious does need pointed out.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Usual question: does it actually happen though?  I hear a lot of warnings about no more warnings being given, but have yet to see anyone actually be invited to sit out or leave the site.  It doesn't mean that it doesn't happen, just that I've got no evidence that it does.

Site specific I reckon. Some sites talk a lot but don't actually act others will but prefer to be discreet.

I can guarantee my regular haunt reguarly sits people out and in extreme cases will ban from site. Better to upset one player than ruin the day of everyone else.

• Supporters

Good to hear.  I wouldn't marshal for all the G3s in China so would never criticise a volunteer doing a pretty thankless job of cat herding, mind.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Good to hear.  I wouldn't marshal for all the G3s in China so would never criticise a volunteer doing a pretty thankless job of cat herding, mind.

That is where the mall differs from a lot of sites all it's marshalls are paid so everything is a bit more on point.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

It does happen, I can vouch for that (having been on the wrong end of a telling off myself - nobody is perfect, right?). Thing is that as with many other sites there is always the issue of a marshal actually needing to see someone breaking the rules before they can be disciplined for it. When a player comes up to a marshal and moans about "that wanker in the multiglam" not taking his hits, more often than not they're describing half the players that day.

Yes, being a marshal is a thankless task, no they can't be everywhere at once and yes, there will always be people that cheat and people that genuinely don't realise they've been hit. It's all part of the game. What bugs me personally is the rear echelon armchair generals (like the infamous Captain Teamkill) that shout orders about pushing up from their position at the back. Almost as annoying are the people that agree to storm a room with you then stand around like lemons after you've put pyro through and followed it in.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
15 minutes ago, Lozart said:

"that wanker in the multiglam" not taking his hits, more often than not they're describing half the players that day.

Like the time I told Stretch McChicken to keep an eye out for me at the mall.

"Easy, I'll be the guy in military style gear with an M4" :lol:

Tbf - they could do something along the lines of: Gun hit = take mag out, clear gun, put mag back in. Effectively it temporarily takes someone out the game. Although that would be pretty difficult to monitor properly

Archived