cheaters (rant)

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

6 minutes ago, Aengus said:

I'm a dirty scumbag, if I'm yellow and know its blue I'll respond blue. Only happened a couple of times and people were not happy :lol:. Not against the rules so why not.

Strange, Majority of sites I've played have the rule that you cannot lie about your colour. you either reply that you are the same colour or don't say anything at all.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
10 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Majority of sites I've played have the rule that you cannot lie about your colour.

Hmm, I've not heard it mentioned.

I do agree that it's a bit whiffy though, so tend not to respond. Especially to Sergeant McShouties who seem to think that I'm obliged to.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Aengus said:

I'm a dirty scumbag, if I'm yellow and know its blue I'll respond blue. Only happened a couple of times and people were not happy :lol:. Not against the rules so why not.

Not cheating but shows a poor level of sportsmanship ? Just don’t answer and let them decide what they want to do about the situation ?

Any hoo if anyone genuinely gets the drop on me and uses some form of ‘bang rule’ and there really is no way I could get them then I’m more than happy to take the kill ,

A; if they’ve got the drop on me fair and square then theres something particularly satisfying about sneaking up on an enemy player and getting close enough to call them out , so I’m more than happy to let them have that moment of smugness ! :D

B; you hope the other player will put a single in to you but it don’t always happen , last time at a site with no bang/surrender rule an enemy player got me dead to rights from the side and no way I could of got him before he shot me and he then proceeded to put 3 singles in too me at barely 6ft , now they really f**king hurt a lot , 1 was even a bleeder .

Now I know all the the ‘hard men’ out there will start with the old matcho crap ,

“man up !”

Don’t be a pussy !”

If you can’t take it don’t play !”

But my response to that is “bollox to you pal ! “ I get shot I get shot , I get hosed on full auto by a player in the minimum engagement ? tuff luck on me for allowing it to happen ! I get a bleeder from a sniper in the same situation? Same again tuff ! But why am I expected to accept getting shot to an extent that I bleed when I didn't really need to ? I don’t play to inflict actual physical injurys on the opersition . I play to just enjoy my self , and i’d hope it was the same for them . 

52 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Strange, Majority of sites I've played have the rule that you cannot lie about your colour. you either reply that you are the same colour or don't say anything at all.

I think it's the old "Flash!" "Bang!" thing and clackers during the ww2 when Jerry caught a load of Brits after they found a clacker... I say why not, dog eat dog; saying this though, I haven't come across it yet nor do I intend to use that method.

at first and only you can either state your true colour or shut your mouth and say nothing. especially in cqb. once one does it, everyone would.

41 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Not cheating but shows a poor level of sportsmanship ? Just don’t answer and let them decide what they want to do about the situation ?

While it may not be cheating per'say, the above comment is more what I was alluding to.

• Head Moderator

I do not mind the colour challenge, it has its uses. Can sometimes stop a blue on blue situation but can also give away your location and what team you are on.  As already said above, it is honour based so do not lie.

What does annoy me is when a player just repeatedly walks around asking Colour?" or "What colour are you?" and then gets the huff when you do not reply to them. I believe that they should give their colour first, as the challenger, and then I will give my colour (or stay silent in the dark). 

At most of the sites I have played qt there is an unwritten rule which is if someone asks your colour, either tell them or keep quiet. But don't lie about it as it is unsportmen like and as mentioned above this is a honour game. 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Aengus said:

Not mentioned in the rules. And why should it be a rule? You believe someone you cant see and let your guard down then you deserve it imo

Just because it is not mentioned take it as a given. If you don't want to answer then just don't but if you was to do that at most sites you would end up sat out.

Easiest answer as far as I am concerned is just drop the challenge bit entirely and just shoot. I never challenge an unknown I just fire and if wrong.... oh well

15 minutes ago, Aengus said:

Not mentioned in the rules. And why should it be a rule? You believe someone you cant see and let your guard down then you deserve it imo

At no point in the mission brief does it say I can’t bludgeon a false colour caller to death with their rif, but it’s one of those common decency things..

11 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

At no point in the mission brief does it say I can’t bludgeon a false colour caller to death with their rif, but it’s one of those common decency things..

ah thats these wonderful things called "laws" ;)

And do you know why laws are there? Because some people need to be told explicitly what you should and should not do, instead of being decent and figuring it out for themselves. 

Either way, false colour  calling is a dick move. But I’d expect nothing less from a speedsofter ;)

• Head Moderator

I will always try to play as 'Green' team at The Mall because they do not wear the yellow tape armband.  Seeing the tape on an arm is a giveaway that they are the bad guys; easier to see the reflection of tape in low light. . So when I am unfortunate enough to be on the Yellow team it really confuses me.

As for Trigger, shoot first and then find out who they are does work. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
6 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

I will always try to play as 'Green' team at The Mall because they do not wear the yellow tape armband

A'Yup.. always cut the yellow tape off after the first game.

LewisD's top tip of the month.

Plus, my torch is green. I like being on the green team for that reason. :lol:

1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

I will always try to play as 'Green' team at The Mall because they do not wear the yellow tape armband.  Seeing the tape on an arm is a giveaway that they are the bad guys; easier to see the reflection of tape in low light. . So when I am unfortunate enough to be on the Yellow team it really confuses me.

As for Trigger, shoot first and then find out who they are does work. 

That’s one of the things I don’t like with inconsistency about team identity.

In a simple environment it can be almost clear about who’s on what side, anywhere other than the most simple situation identity needs to be clear

eg clothing / uniform schemes can be a

good idea, but that depends on people paying attention to the game theme, complying and not ending up with 100 people in DPM vs 5 in jeans

At one Falklands event we specified British forces in upper body DPM, Argentinians anything else

Just to be sure everyone was clear and numbers were fairly even at the morning brief we told all the brits to stand on one side, the Argentinians on the other

Right in the middle of the argentinians was a guy in a t shirt and a DPM vest.

we had an interesting conversation whereby “yes i did read the player pack” and he was adamant that he wasn’t in DPM, he was wearing a plain t shirt.  What colours your t shirt?  because all i can see is a dpm vest.  It’s the only vest I’ve got 

We’ll lend you one, or can you swap sides

I want to wear mine and i want to play with my friends ......

With him pointed out to everyone he spent the day being looked out for and shot by the Brits, taking accidental friendly fire from the Argentinians, plus I suspect deliberate friendly fire from his mates 

Arm bands or tape work - provided that they are consistent.  If it’s arm bands vs nothing then you need to have both arms marked, otherwise the advantage goes to the person with one arm band who turns at an angle

With only one arm marked then sometimes the ‘lead” arm is marked, eg if you shoot right handed then the left arm is marked as that will often be up front 

It should be armband vs armband, Idealy on both arms, or opposite arms. 

Eg red arm bands on the left, blue armbands on the right.  

That means if i am blue:

If I see blue then it’s friend

if I see red then it’s foe

if i see a bare right arm then it’s foe

if i see a bare left arm then it’s friend

Ive often see people looping their arm bands in the strap of their goggles on the back of their head. At first I thought that they felt it was cool, or they ran ahead and didn’t want to be shot in the back

i soon realised they were concealing their identity so they could take advantage of not being identified on sight and get the chance to shoot first 

We are meant to be going out and playing games at the weekends for fun. Not worrying about asking what side everyone is on 

• Supporters

No problem with arm markers at the Bristol black ops sites , it’s alway red right , blue left . If you see a ‘naked’ left arm there red and visa versa for blue . Simples ! :D

• Moderators

this is one 'hot' topic!!....

experience from weekend 'if people actually listened to the briefings instead of have their own private chat' they would understand half the rules of the games, including when and when not to use full auto and only a quick burst if close, any type of bang / surrender rule (which there isnt), where you can and cant go....no matter if your a regular or not, something may have changed....especially as its a site frequented by vandals and access to rooms change each week!

There is no surrender or bang rule at UA but you could hear a few try it :lol::lol:

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Mmm, I do prefer to be on blue rather than yellow simply because it's easier to see yellow bands.

im colour blind.......ok with really dark colours.....but yeah some are easier to see in certain lights :)

I regularly get team killed at the mall by people who panic-react-shoot. There's no harm done there as I don't really care too much as it wasn't intentional. Miss the mall - it's the one site I've gone to where I can actually feel the tension of moving through corridors quietly and setting up traps

1 hour ago, steakandpotato said:

Miss the mall - it's the one site I've gone to where I can actually feel the tension of moving through corridors quietly and setting up traps

absolutely, it's a cracking site once you get used to finding your way around... there's nothing like taking a sneaky detour through the basement for a flanking move, although I almost always seem to get shot by my own team at that point :D

Archived