cheaters (rant)

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

urgh, why do people bother? :(

sure we've all had that glancing hit we didn't feel, or thought we've been railing someone for it to bounce off a tree branch.

but easy-going as i am i have to draw the line when you spray someone, watch the bb's bounce off them, and they don't even react, multiple times, then get all angsty and aggressive when you finally call them on it.

think i'm going to go play some bioshock, hopefully sticking some people to the walls with spears will calm me down, and at least the ai takes their hits.....

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ones that don't react are annoying, sure. But the ones that I truly hate are the ones who you hit and they fully react (flinching to the impact, looking at where it hit on their body, and then turning around to look directly towards you). And then they shoot you back. Had that happen three times today, two of them with the same person, and I know I wasn't the only one. Actually couldn't believe it the blatantness of if! 

I nearly called it a day halfway through the second game. Lucky I didn't, the site owner bought it up after lunch and bingo! Miraculously no more robocops! :rolleyes:

• Supporters

I just switch to full auto and rat-a-tat-tat. Try not calling your hits when you're getting pelted with .25 every half second. Bonus points if you aim for the nuts. 

• Supporters

Simple answer is get a description and inform a marshall then get in with your day. It is a marshalls job to deal with it not a player.

If you get triggered and unload full auto trying to hurt someone then you are worse than them. If you do that then you deserve an insta-ban. 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, James1989 said:

Its the guy in the multicam, with an m4 and a plate carrier.

Hiding behind a tree, shooting white BBs.

• Supporters

It must be just that 1 guy going round every site, giving us all a bad name.  

I have seen many people try and cheat, but what they don’t realise is, if they cheat, they will get hurt. 

Our snipers go from chest shots to head shots,(try not calling a .45 to the face), and our AEGs go from semi to auto. And if the site is rife, the M60 comes out... yet to see someone try cheating against that.

I don’t think it’s the best way to deal with it, but it certainly works.  Never had someone complain when this has happened. Actually had Marshall’s say it’s fine with them.

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Gepard said:

I just switch to full auto and rat-a-tat-tat. Try not calling your hits when you're getting pelted with .25 every half second. Bonus points if you aim for the nuts. 

Never had somebody approach me afterwards about it though. Could be fun. 

thing is when you've already railed them on full auto, where do you escalate to from there? (before someone says it, full auto is the norm for the outdoor sites i play at)

in both cases today it was very easily identifiable who it was, and the second chap it was very plain that both times he only knew where i was because of feeling the direction of my shots.

thing is if you get to the stage of losing it then it's only gonna make you look like a **** if you just walk out and blast them point blank (and ofc ignore your own hits while doing that), i just gave up and went home in the end, i play airsoft for fun not for getting angry at random strangers.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I don’t think it’s the best way to deal with it, but it certainly works.  Never had someone complain when this has happened. Actually had Marshall’s say it’s fine with them.

Deliberate cheaters suck but I still believe that any player who chooses to try and hurt another is worse. It is a game of honour and that works both ways.

Any marshall who advocates a player taking matters into his own hands should be sacked as that is worse than anything a player can ever do.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Deliberate cheaters suck but I still believe that any player who chooses to try and hurt another is worse. It is a game of honour and that works both ways.

Any marshall who advocates a player taking matters into his own hands should be sacked as that is worse than anything a player can ever do.

Don’t disagree, but I don’t see it as deliberately trying to hurt someone. If your aiming at layers of body armour and they don’t feel it, you go for something less covered, most of the time that’s either arms or the face.

I personally agree that a Marshall shouldn’t say this, but I can understand why they do, if you told someone to do something and then they constantly did something else, you’d go about it another way. I put it down to the human condition.

If it any consolation I saw some bloke cheat, get called out by players, spoken to by marshals and then pull his whole family (about 5 of them) out of the game Because he got the hump over not calling his hits. I'd love to see what he's like playing monopoly. Not so much not calling your hit is not calling loud your hit. The amount of silent hands i saw today and no shout of "out" or "hit". I try not to shoot some one more than I have too but a meagre wave? Come on do yourself a favour, especially if there is more than 1 person shooting at you

• Supporters

Was joking about the nuts. Of course you shouldn't go out of your way to harm somebody. I'd never full auto somebody from point blank range for instance - even if they were in God Mode. The engagement distances I'm used to are 10-20m so plenty of time for the BB to lose energy but not enough so that they won't feel it.

If you're playing to cheat then you should expect to get hit a few more times after you don't call the first one. I'm not going to apologise if it takes a few more until they finally call themselves out. 

Luckily most of what I'm saying is hyperbole. The sites I play at are filled with a bunch of great guys (and gals) that play the game for the game. I've only ever had two instances of blatant cheating since I started and both were from the rentals, which after a quick burst called themselves out. Didn't need an admin and I never saw either cheat from that point onward. I get the feeling they knew they'd been caught and decided not to risk it. 

If it continues then sure, I'd probably notify an admin. I just think a quick burst is much easier to deal with the problem there and then. 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Was joking about the nuts. Of course you shouldn't go out of your way to harm somebody. I'd never full auto somebody from point blank range for instance 

If you're playing to cheat then you should expect to get hit a few more times after you don't call the first one. I'm not going to apologise if it takes a few more until they finally call themselves out. 

Personally if I encounter a player who’s consciously NOT taking there hits time and time again , then quite frankly i wouldn’t have any qualms about a nut shot , they’ve earned it .

and on one or two occasions I have full auto’ed a blatant cheat at point blank , in the plate carrier it won’t hurt them but by Christ it makes them need a new pair of combats !

If there not wearing a carrier then they’ll  get singles in too either the arse or the thigh until they acknowledge there transgression from the proper spirit of the game .  

• Supporters

If someone does not put their hand up then by all means keep shooting but do it controlled. If you are feeling triggered and about to hose someone then best to step back and breathe. 

No player should ever deliberately shoot another in the face if there is any other part of them on show.

We have all been tempted but the ability to take the morale high ground is one of the things that sets the better players apart from the idiots.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

If it any consolation I saw some bloke cheat, get called out by players, spoken to by marshals and then pull his whole family (about 5 of them) out of the game Because he got the hump over not calling his hits. I'd love to see what he's like playing monopoly. Not so much not calling your hit is not calling loud your hit. The amount of silent hands i saw today and no shout of "out" or "hit". I try not to shoot some one more than I have too but a meagre wave? Come on do yourself a favour, especially if there is more than 1 person shooting at you

i'll confess to being a waver, but then i tend not to lose my rag if i then get shot again when i didn't shout, part of the game as even if you do shout some other chap might still mistake you for an active player anyway, it's just how it goes.

it's just a shame when you're trying to play as honestly as possible and you go up against rambo, but i suppose rising above it is the only proper way of dealing. just sad that it ruins your days fun.

Guest pierce09

I've had to leave a field to chill as a player with god mode fully engaged drove me and others insane. 

I also expect it in airsoft. There will always be players who take it too competitively, to the point they want to 'win at all costs', leading to not calling their hits.  

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No player should ever deliberately shoot another in the face if there is any other part of them on show.

What if the other parts are protected by a spoooky invisible force field?

so.....Just playing devils advacat here, the same shots hitting/ missing people can look different from a different veiw point i.e. a couple of months ago I was shooting at some bloke and the bbs were going in every which way but on target. I could clearly see this. My pal was less than 6 feet from me and was convinced that they were all on target and got a bit stroppy about it. Its just one of those things.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

so.....Just playing devils advacat here, the same shots hitting/ missing people can look different from a different veiw point i.e. a couple of months ago I was shooting at some bloke and the bbs were going in every which way but on target. I could clearly see this. My pal was less than 6 feet from me and was convinced that they were all on target and got a bit stroppy about it. Its just one of those things.

Half the time people think they are hitting someone they really are not. See it all the time.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Half the time people think they are hitting someone they really are not. See it all the time.

This I agree with 100%, I have stopped claiming to have hit someone and then not taking it because of this. Felt like a right twit. Others complain for me now.

Archived