CYMA CM069 project gun - ideas wanted.

Readman97
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just ordered a CYMA 069 from Taiwan gun as a project gun, full metal body, good barrel length, ordered a 6.01 internally fluted barrel, next step will probably be hop up if required, what do people recommend for it? Seems a decent potential DMR or long range AEG to me.

• Head Moderator

Seems like a technical question so moved to the appropriate sub forum.  Remember not everything is General Discussion.

On 3/24/2018 at 11:13 PM, Jedi_Master said:

Seems like a technical question so moved to the appropriate sub forum.  Remember not everything is General Discussion.

No worries, you got any recommendations?

Upgrades so far.

•JBU FFF 6.01mm fluted barrel

•T.M black bucking & nub.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Readman97 said:

No worries, you got any recommendations?

Upgrades so far.

•JBU FFF 6.01mm fluted barrel

•T.M black bucking & nub.

If you'd have asked before buying then I would have said a ZCI inner barrel, save yourself some money. TM bucking is OK but there's better out there (Maple Leaf Macaron, Prometheus Purple).

Adjust the AoE, sorbo pad on the cylinder, hardwired mosfet (Active Brake maybe) something like a Gate Nano, LiPo battery, clean and shim the gearbox and re-lube with something better than the green snot that comes in CYMA gearboxes. Beyond that, play with it and see what its actual shortcomings are before spending money on bits youprobably won't need.

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

If you'd have asked before buying then I would have said a ZCI inner barrel, save yourself some money. TM bucking is OK but there's better out there (Maple Leaf Macaron, Prometheus Purple).

Adjust the AoE, sorbo pad on the cylinder, hardwired mosfet (Active Brake maybe) something like a Gate Nano, LiPo battery, clean and shim the gearbox and re-lube with something better than the green snot that comes in CYMA gearboxes. Beyond that, play with it and see what its actual shortcomings are before spending money on bits youprobably won't need.

The stock barrel was a 6.08 so that needed doing, as for bucking and nub they were freebies, I've heard and seen great things from the JBU FFF barrels.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Readman97 said:

The stock barrel was a 6.08 so that needed doing, as for bucking and nub they were freebies, I've heard and seen great things from the JBU FFF barrels.

I'm intrigued by the barrel. Pretty much every fluted barrel I've seen has had very mixed reviews, Miracle Barrels seem all the rage in the US but I've yet to see a convincing argument against a good quality normal barrel.

On 3/27/2018 at 9:24 AM, Lozart said:

I'm intrigued by the barrel. Pretty much every fluted barrel I've seen has had very mixed reviews, Miracle Barrels seem all the rage in the US but I've yet to see a convincing argument against a good quality normal barrel.

Give one a go, pretty cheap too at £35 for a 407mm, excellent quality.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Readman97 said:

Give one a go, pretty cheap too at £35 for a 407mm, excellent quality.

The 401mm ZCI is only £22 though. As I say, I'd want to see some properly evidenced research into whether or not it's worth the extra before I commit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 11:30 AM, Lozart said:

The 401mm ZCI is only £22 though. As I say, I'd want to see some properly evidenced research into whether or not it's worth the extra before I commit.

Tested it on Sunday and holy crap the range and accuracy is insane!

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

I dont think Ive ever used any bit of nuprol kit that wasnt total garbage. The only exceptions being their tri-shot shells are acceptable, though required modding to work in my gun (not sure if gun issue, or shell issue, had to put a few layers of tape around the shell door on the shotgun to push the shells up enough to engage poperly), and their gas seems... adequate? Only really use it for sites that dont allow propane and because seems everywhere sells the nuprol gas now over Abbey stuff which is marginally more expensive.

For a beginner given the choice between Nuprol or G&G? Its a no brainer, G&G every time. 

Someone mentioned Specna Arms earlier in the thread, I've got a SA-H02 (416c) and its an absolutely stunning bit of kit, Id never heard of the brand before one came up for sale at a bargain basement price by someone who clearly had no idea what airsoft guns are worth (paid £150 for the 416 and an ASG Mac11 thrown in with it, I almost thought I should report myself to the police after for robbery!) and thought Id give it a go, best bargain Ive ever bought. Not sure if I'd consider them a "starter" gun purely for the price tag, though I have seen some places selling them for the <£200 mark and definitely worth a look at that price! The performance is pretty standard across the board, range isnt bad - consistently hitting 40-50 meters easily, anything beyond that is a bit of a gamble, I'm using it as a platform for a woodland based single shot monster and seeing what I can really do with it. But what really impressed me about SA guns is the build quality, rock solid and absolutely phenomonal build, probably one of the best built guns Ive ever seen. My only complaint with it is that fitting mags can be a little finnicky, requires a little wiggle to really seat them properly.

If you check out some of my other topics I've started you'll see I binned off the nuprol (it was great for CQB but open ground showed a massive range issue) I've replaced it with a CYMA 069 that is my current project gun, so far I've put a JBU FFF barrel in it, got a prowin on the way, still trying to find somewhere with the Prometheus purple bucking and nub in stock, considering putting DSGs in and a Titan mosfet along with ceramic bearings and all the other gubbings, I also recently picked up a VFC hk417d tuned up by Kingdom of airsoft into a bloody tasty DMR, I was considering modding the nuprol instead but I wanted a full metal rifle instead of polymer, nuprol are good, there is obviously better out there but it was certainly a very reliable gun, never let me down once, I'd still recommend them to newbies, especially if they pick one up second hand!

IMG_20180501_124117_981.jpg

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Cheers fella, was hesitant about ordering from places like that as I've heard there's a fair few knock offs kicking about, gonna get some ordered!

3 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I did find it odd you said you couldn't find one. 

They're everywhere :)

Was waiting for patrolbase to get them in to maximise on shipping costs but they never did.

*Update*

Prowin hop unit

Prometheus purple bucking and nub

JBU FFF 6.01 tight bore

Thinking next will be a Titan mosfet, get the gearbox shimmed, ceramic bearings, maybe even DSG it hmm.

• Supporters

DSG'S are suited for barrels up to say 250mm (8 tooth DSG)

maybe 275~300mm if using a 9 tooth DSG

Hence most DSG's find themselves in short M4's, AK74's, G36c's, etc......

You could Short Stroke but not much imho.....

Maybe 1 or 2 teeth, though tbh I'd only SS 1 tooth to maintain volume for 400mm barrel myself

So as an AEG now with tbb etc... you would struggle to stay below 350fps with a m100 spring

Thus could never really be a screamer rof DSG type gun

Could be a nice "sensible" AEG at just over 20~23rps tops

or

a possible DMR, but you have the 417 now

It is a fantastic buy for £105, just a tad too long to go too nutz with (speed wise)

If they had just dropped the barrel to say 330~350mm

The outer barrel could be 2" shorter so short suppressor just starts inside RIS

(not a must biggy but just like that look myself, though looks are irrelevant tbh)

The 340 aprox inner barrel would have allowed 2 maybe 3 teeth SS (probably 2 teeth for keeping vol)

So likely use a m110~115 spring for 2 teeth SS 350fps gun etc.....

If TWG already downgraded it then fine, use it as it is

if it fires at 400+ fps stock - probably near 425fps with tbb then could go DMR route

An absolute bargain to be had, just the gun (or rather me) can't quite decide which way to go with it

I'd probably be leaning to use it as a nice sensible 349.9999fps AEG

not needing to go too nutz internally/speed wise - well not for a while or just yet

The qwirky Cyma box could have a few tweaks to a load of tweaks

Trouble is where do you start & where do you stop ???

You would have to mod the box to fit 13:1's in there, so maybe 16:1's

compression could be improved - cylinder head falls out

nozzle is a bit meeeehhhhh, but red SHS nozzle is wobbly on qwirky tappet plate

so if replacing tappet it needs modding - ffs

could replace cyma piston for the cyma metal rack version - both could need a better/stretched o-ring

consider getting the Cut Off Lever replaced for steel one if box is open perhaps

(alloy one can wear if you shoot on semi a lot)

Though if installing Titan you won't need COL, ceramics - well keep bushings under gears they are sound

Whoooooooaaaaaaa getting carried away

I'd see what way you might go with it and if possible hold off on going too nutz internally for the moment

I mean you could install the Titan and go nutz internally by all means....

But the full Titan kit costs more than the gun did and all that

And/Or in 6~12 months get it serviced & tweaked internally when you've decided where you are gonna go with it

Think for the moment I'd be leaning towards a nice 350fps AEG without going too nutz inside

until it needs or I have decided just how far/nutz I'm gonna go with it

I could look at the gun for ages and still decide either way & how far nutz I could go

then 5 mins later - change my mind (again) and continually torment myself in confusion

(you could say that about a number of guns I guess but more so with this gun length)

So really best just use it as is for a while with least amount of fuss/money/time

I find it slightly ironic it was called the Cyma 69 coz you could go above (350fps - DMR)

or just below (350fps AEG)

rather than stand there thinking and planning it all out what is what or who goes where

let's just get on with it and see what happens ffs

(or saying to the lass - just suck it & see, as the saying goes)

Archived