TM HK416 Problems.

SinnerGee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't understand why but my gun keeps jamming or something because i would shoot in semi at a normal pace bringing the trigger back all the way and still it jams so i have to switch to full auto, cycle it a few times and then switch back to semi. This constantly kept happening all day today. Could it be a battery problem as when if i did full auto it will sound very crisp and after every shot slowly get slower. I took out the battery and it was slightly puffed could that be the reason this happened? And would buying a fresh battery fix this issue and also will a mosfet make sure it cycles fully so it never jams?

Personally I'd certainly ditch the puffed battery. One thing that does come to mind is that when in semi the gun may not have completed a cycle. I occasionally had a similar issue if I went to take a shot and half pulled the trigger but then deciding not to shoot resulting in a lockup. Flick to auto, fired and back to semi. So sounds similar. Some mosfets will fix this from happening, eg; a Titan.

I could be wrong, it happens. :)

This is a known fault with the NGRS's in semi auto. Only easy fix is to switch to full auto to clear it. If you want to get rid of it full time you need to fit a mosfet, Spectre (if you can find one) DTM (again if you can find one) or wait for the Gates Mosfet which should be out later this year.

Your battery is probably fine.

9 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

This is a known fault with the NGRS's in semi auto. Only easy fix is to switch to full auto to clear it. If you want to get rid of it full time you need to fit a mosfet, Spectre (if you can find one) DTM (again if you can find one) or wait for the Gates Mosfet which should be out later this year.

Your battery is probably fine.

The battery is puffed up twice the size it used to be it looks like it's about to pop. Also if I try playing in full auto it gets jammed aswell. It would start of fine in full auto and then it's like the gun isn't getting enough juice so itsl starts slowing down and gets stuck. Also if I take the mag out about 2-3 bbs always falls out as if the bbs get jammed aswell. I'm using .28s nuropol bbs.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, SinnerGee said:

I'm using .28s nuropol bbs.

I cannot get these to feed at all in my NGRS scar. 

Can you provide us with a picture of the battery? If it’s twice the size, don’t use it. Dispose of it properly.

Can you possibly make a video of it doing this? The noise it makes while slowing down can give us a lot of info.

Has anyone opened the box recently?

Guest scalawag

That battery sounds past its safe useable life.  Dispose of it safely and do not pierce it, buy a new one.  

Out of interest how do you charge the battery and monitor its minimum voltage?

6 hours ago, scalawag said:

That battery sounds past its safe useable life.  Dispose of it safely and do not pierce it, buy a new one.  

Out of interest how do you charge the battery and monitor its minimum voltage?

I use a balance charger and it was always fine. The one time I got a friend to charge it for me with whatever charger he had, it puffed up.

Guest scalawag
1 hour ago, SinnerGee said:

I use a balance charger and it was always fine. The one time I got a friend to charge it for me with whatever charger he had, it puffed up.

It was probably one of those smart chargers that he used. The ones you just plug the battery into and turn it on and it supposedly does everything automatically. 

Great that you use a balance charger. I hope you didn’t mind me asking but I was just checking so that if you get a new battery that you get the best from it. ;)

3 hours ago, scalawag said:

It was probably one of those smart chargers that he used. The ones you just plug the battery into and turn it on and it supposedly does everything automatically. 

Great that you use a balance charger. I hope you didn’t mind me asking but I was just checking so that if you get a new battery that you get the best from it. ;)

Its fine to ask and yeah i think it might of been the one you just plug into straight from the plug. I'll buy a new battery and see how it goes. I used the nuropol 7.4 1450 lipo stick because thats the only battery i know that fits in the stock. Does anyone have an other recommendations?

• Supporters

FireSupport sell some similar called Kong Power 1350mah batteries that my brother uses in his TM M4, I use these rather than the Nuprol ones as they last a lot longer.

Guest scalawag

1 hour ago, SinnerGee said:

Its fine to ask and yeah i think it might of been the one you just plug into straight from the plug. I'll buy a new battery and see how it goes. I used the nuropol 7.4 1450 lipo stick because thats the only battery i know that fits in the stock. Does anyone have an other recommendations?

Try Component Store.  I buy all my batteries there, good quality, a choice of plugs and very reasonable prices. As you can see from the link they do Airsoft specific sizes and shapes too.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/batteries/airsoft/li-po-packs.html

53 minutes ago, Prisce said:

FireSupport sell some similar called Kong Power 1350mah batteries that my brother uses in his TM M4, I use these rather than the Nuprol ones as they last a lot longer.

is it 1350? i can only find either 1300 or 1400 on fire supports website

• Supporters

You are correct, got two different brand batteries that look the same, I got them confused. 

FireSupport also have the diameter of the batteries on the listing so you can make sure they’ll fit before you buy.

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

You are correct, got two different brand batteries that look the same, I got them confused. 

FireSupport also have the diameter of the batteries on the listing so you can make sure they’ll fit before you buy.

the thing is i dont actually know what the diameter should be to fit. I only got the nuropol 7.4 1450 lipo stick because i saw a guy in a youtube video have it for his tm hk416.

Is it possible that because my gun isn't rewired to take lipo's and i use a converter piece instead and that could be messing up the power input? sometimes i have to fiddle with the converter wires or it doesn't shoot. I think that my gun could be jamming because its not getting enough power to cycle through before my next shot. But i don't want to get it rewired until i can get my hands on a mosfet as i want all my upgrades done in one go.

Could that be my problem?

• Supporters

Don’t think that will be all your problem. Your gun is wired to deans or tamiya? You won’t have to do any “upgrades” if your wired to deans connectors already.

If your not, doing so is incredibly easy. Watch a YouTube video and make sure your happy before attepting it, but it doesn’t take long and isn’t expensive.

Or take it to your local shop, it’s 5 mins work max.

It could be your adapter has a loose wire which would cause some of your issues.

Archived