Best Airsoft gun with upgrades (AEG or HPA) for £725

mfenn1997
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Best Airsoft gun with upgrades (AEG or HPA) for £725, wanting to get the best range as possible. Already have a sniper but am interested in a DMR or long range Carbine. 

Currently also interested in a Real Sword SVD. 

You can do well with a lot less than that. Range and accuracy comes from hop and airseal which is cheap and boring to upgrade. All dental floss and fiddling around with alignment rather than lots of shiny bits. As for the hop you could spend I think it's £50 for the super shiny max hop our whatever it is but a box standard hop with a properly installed r hop patch and .28 or .3 bbs will get you a consistent 70-80m range on 350. Again you could go all out for a prommy barrel but I honestly can't see any noticeable difference between it and a ZCI stainless barrel that's half the price. The only things I'd say are definitely necessary for an awesome DMR build are a decent high torque motor and a GATE TITAN. Basically you could spend that much on a DMR build but it's not going to be much better than one competently put together for a lot less.

From someone who has spent about £5k this year in the search of the perfect, long range airsoft gun... TM MWS... ill explain my setup and then my reasoning behind my choice. 

TM mws (m4 gbbr)

orga 410mm 6.05mm barrel

maple leaf 60D decepticon bucking

maple leaf i key

NPAS

asg/Geoff’s .36-.40

Rangefinder confirmed 81m on a 2ft square target at 392fps 

For long range, gas guns work best because of joule creep. It chrono’s at 392fps in a nice warm house on .2’s but it can happily throw really heavy weight BB’s that AEG’s just can’t do because of the way they work. 

The key is consistency. You need a heavy bb and you need a consistent FPS (Within 10fps). The Mauri fits the role perfectly. It’s very gas efficient, very consistent and very reliable, even in cold weather. You could hpa tap the mags for even more consistency, but I have never found the need. 

Ive tried aeg dmr’s and if you can have a 100fps advantage over assault rifles (450 FPS) then it’s doable. But at 400fps, the extra 50fps isn’t giving you anywhere near enough extra range to justify the limitations. To give an example, I had a psg1 with £1k worth of parts on it. Didn’t shoot half as good as the mws for half of the price 

3 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

M.     W.     S.

We’re getting banned eventually for this :lol:

I do feel like they owe us something.. we’ve done more to sell their gun than their sales team ever have haha

I'll check out that MWS never heard of it. Thanks for all the tips. 

My field is 450 for DMRs 

Like if it wasn't for someone selling a real sword svd now,  I'd probably want to build a hpa sr25

1 minute ago, mfenn1997 said:

I'll check out that MWS never heard of it. Thanks for all the tips. 

My field is 450 for DMRs 

It’s basically Tokyo marui’s m4 gas blow back. At 450 FPS I imagine touching 90m would be straightforward. And that’s a genuine 90m not an airsofters 90m, which is closer to 40 lol. 

If you wanted to go hpa and sr-25, pick up a A&K sr25 and go from there. Powair6 do lots of hpa setups including g28’s and 417’s. Might be worth venturing there if that’s what you have your heart set on. 

Archived