How to check upgrades

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Before I start taking my Bar-10 apart for the first time, is there any advice to be had in terms of identifying aftermarket parts and upgrades inside? Serial numbers? Logos? I need to find out what’s actually been put in my gun and it’s been long enough.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, proffrink said:

Probably your best bet would be to just take a photo of all the bits and drop them here. Can't imagine we'd have too much trouble IDing it all.

Can’t find out how to get the hop and barrel out?

365E5CC9-38EA-498A-8213-6AD9F80C2EBB.jpeg

2FBDD166-E526-4CBD-8B00-1B9963435428.jpeg

6E25807E-4475-454D-81FF-26B53AC14956.jpeg

35B488FF-4B57-402C-B589-DE45A2B03208.jpeg

4DF4427E-B7C8-4F3B-8791-2F2F241A1FA8.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Calling @Samurai 

but im pretty confident that if there is a screw in the back of the pull handle, you have to remove that.

sorry some of the pictures might look pointless, but they're also a way for me remember what came out where when it comes to putting it back together again :P

• Supporters

That makes sense. Have you had a look on YouTube for a dissasembly guide? I never take someone apart without having a look at a video or an exploded parts diagram first.

13 minutes ago, Prisce said:

That makes sense. Have you had a look on YouTube for a dissasembly guide? I never take someone apart without having a look at a video or an exploded parts diagram first.

Yeah I was watching one for removing the hop, but he seems to just slide his straight out.

2:00

I know he says it's tight, but I can't see what's stopping mine and it's just not budging beyond 5mm wiggle room either way

• Supporters

Ok, he made that look incredibly easy, have you tried twisting the hop unit before pulling it? Push it slightly to one side and then give it a good tug. 

Knowing who did your upgrades, I wouldn’t be surprised by if they glued it in place. They are shockingly bad at doing any work. I actually learnt to do tech work of any kind from there multiple cock ups they made, had to learn to do it properly.

2 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Ok, he made that look incredibly easy, have you tried twisting the hop unit before pulling it? Push it slightly to one side and then give it a good tug. 

Knowing who did your upgrades, I wouldn’t be surprised by if they glued it in place. They are shockingly bad at doing any work. I actually learnt to do tech work of any kind from there multiple cock ups they made, had to learn to do it properly.

It does move somewhat (at least the hop unit seems to move a little, although feeling the end of the inner barrel from the other end, that stays absolutely fixed)

• Supporters

That’s probably because it’s been spaced, just give the hop unit a little tug, and it’ll bring the spacer along with it.

Well now I have a problem. It’s managed to shift a little way down, too far for me to push it any further, but not far enough for me to pull it out the other side 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Root Admin

Long screwdriver helps. Flathead ideally and put some tape or tissue on the end to cushion it against the hop unit a little.

Use a hammer to tap it. Move the screwdriver around the circumference as you do this as that'll make it come free more easily if it's a bit too snug. If nothing happens tap harder heh.

Edit

Also so far I see:

- Airsoft Pro trigger (whoda thunk)

- Stock hop unit

- Potentially an aftermarket cyclinder

- Aftermarket barrel of some description

• Supporters

^This, or a pair of needle nose pliers and use them the other way round. It’s a bit of a bodge but can work. 

I had the same problem on my Bar 10 - the hop unit was very tight - and i could not get it all the way out - i  had some barrel spacers causing  friction making it harder than it should have been, but i just push the hop back in place - and wiped the inside of the outer barrel with a cloth and a bit of silicone oil that was enough to make it a lot easier to push out, but also be careful where the screw that holds to end barrel on caused a small dent on mine that also stopped the hop unit coming out 

1 hour ago, proffrink said:

Long screwdriver helps. Flathead ideally and put some tape or tissue on the end to cushion it against the hop unit a little.

Use a hammer to tap it. Move the screwdriver around the circumference as you do this as that'll make it come free more easily if it's a bit too snug. If nothing happens tap harder heh.

Edit

Also so far I see:

- Airsoft Pro trigger (whoda thunk)

- Stock hop unit

- Potentially an aftermarket cyclinder

- Aftermarket barrel of some description

Stock hop unit on a “fully upgraded” sniper? Is it generally regarded as a good hop system? The main issue I’ve had with it has been double feeding.

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

^This, or a pair of needle nose pliers and use them the other way round. It’s a bit of a bodge but can work. 

Got it!

Does something look odd with the hop rubber?

image.jpg

DF391703-2D56-49C2-AD91-5611243588C6.jpeg

02694B35-6ACC-465B-AD28-0BDA5EB91E85.jpeg

9D0188D0-A3BB-401A-BC26-3765FE2FAE60.jpeg

F7B0F770-D8BE-4847-923B-E8C99CAA97EA.jpeg

• Supporters

What have they put on that?!

To be honest, that’s probably your issue, my brother sent his DMR into same shop as you Ash, and it came out with a split bucking covered in silicone oil....

Edit: You say it’s fully upgraded, have they Rhopped it? I’m not sure on what make and brand that hop rubber is, but I wouldn’t say it’s “upgraded” looks stock to me.

9 minutes ago, PT247 said:

it looks a bit manky, but it is the inside of it that counts

4 minutes ago, Prisce said:

What have they put on that?!

To be honest, that’s probably your issue, my brother sent his DMR into same shop as you Ash, and it came out with a split bucking covered in silicone oil....

Looks  to me like  it’s kinked at the bottom.

Just now, proffrink said:

Yeh, if that oil has been sitting on the bucking for that long I'd just ditch it.

Also look over the barrel. Looks like it could be a PDI one given the location of the etching.

Yeah about a year I think.

7 minutes ago, PT247 said:

if it is a year old then def change it, even if it wasn't covered in crap it'll be worn and tired.

Not like I ever shot much through it. Maybe 50bbs. I believe it was kinked and double feeding from the start when I picked it up from store. Need to find a new rubber in the next 48 hours though.

• Supporters

You may have to ring up that shop you hate almost as much as me and ask if they have any in stock...

Archived