Apocalypse Airsoft 18/03/2018

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning gents,

Just my two cents on my latest game at Apocalypse Airsoft on the 18/03/2018.

I went with 3 others I regularly attend skirmish sites with. We traveled through the Snow to get there. If you are heading north of the A249, you will need to do a u turn about 2 minutes away from Apoc as it is down a slip road on the dual carriage way.

Got there, with it behind a car garage and cafe. Just be mindful if you are only doing half a day as you might get a car parked behind you.

Facilities were good, enough space for everyone to have their own bench to gear up. With a fire pit in the middle. Everyone gets breakfast with their walk on, they do sell burgers etc for lunch.

First game was up, and noticed that the structures were awesome. It's recently been worked on (Has a great trench system), which you can tell. Nice tall sniper nests, buildings and mock villages. We were tasked with capturing the enemy equipment in their base (And vice versa for them). But were quickly overran and resorted to defending our own base quite quickly. After a few attempted counter attacks by us, I found 3/4 of our team by the regen, so the enemy quickly managed to take all our equipment and retreat back to the village (Which was around half way between both bases). Found it very tricky to be able to successfully storm the village if you are attacking as there are alot of posts and buildings that an attacking team cant see, but easy for a defending sniper or dmr to shoot at will and range. We failed terribly. The game lasted around 2-2:30 hours, I do love a long game.

Lunch

Second game. The enemy team were tasked to find a 4x4, bring it to their base to load the equipment on ; and then go around the map with the 4x4 'destroying' the bases held by my team. First time I have been involved with a moving vehicle, and quickly found me and my team were behind enemy lines picking them off from the back. We attempted to storm the village again, whilst they were taking their time loading the vehicle and had some slight success. After a while I noticed that quite a few of my team were just relaxing by regen, so it made it extremely difficult for us to counter or put up some sort of resistance.

Snow then started to come down quite heavily and the majority of players thought best to pack up early and leave (Around 3pm). But overall a fun game day, first time I have skirmished with snow and a vehicle. But felt like a milsim day rather than a skirmish. Recommend it.

Its a great sight - definitely one of the best in Kent, I was there for the Milsim which took place across Friday & Saturday, some of our forces braved it out for the Sunday skirmish as well. Snow definitely gave it  different dynamic.

Glad you liked it, site owners will keep evolving the structures etc.

Good review again $Bill!!

concur it was a good site and the structures were indeed v good.

i really liked the 4x4 game also..... 

was chatting to some of the lads that were there for whole weekend (1000 yard stares all round haha) and they all said how effing cold they had been through the night! However all had enjoyed it by the sounds of things.

Our little band of brothers are busy trying out as many new places as possible this year so can’t see myself back at apocalypse in the near future however would go back.

Gaz

9 hours ago, pierce09 said:

I really enjoyed my day here last year. I'll be back later this year and hopefully when it's dry this time!

Defo recommend. Its a nice change from where we have been previously. Nice big game area, and can easily lose yourself. Make sure to take a map.

As Gaz said above, our band of brothers (#MustangHunterKillers) are looking to try many different sites. But we are returning back home next month to TWA Croydon.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, TheKempyy said:

Defo recommend. Its a nice change from where we have been previously. Nice big game area, and can easily lose yourself. Make sure to take a map.

As Gaz said above, our band of brothers (#MustangHunterKillers) are looking to try many different sites. But we are returning back home next month to TWA Croydon.

Please tell me the origin of that name, I am so hoping for a specific answer.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I guess because they like hunting and slaughtering horses?

Think a police tip off might be in order. 

Think you might be right there, if it’s not horses they are killing, they are stealing cars.

Wheres the forum bobby when you need him!?

4 hours ago, Prisce said:

Please tell me the origin of that name, I am so hoping for a specific answer.

Ha, Its name we gave ourselves after we hunted down Kicking Mustang at Battle Lakes last month.

19 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Ah another Airsoft celeb that needs a kick in the teeth for being a massive prick.

Are there any that don't?

2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Ah another Airsoft celeb that needs a kick in the teeth for being a massive prick.

Really? He seemed really nice at the game day and after (We were chatting about the footage he posted with us hunting him down.)

Anyway, recommend Apocalypse. Any suggestions of game days around the south side of the M25? (Been to BL and Apoc. TWA is our home)

Just now, TheKempyy said:

Really? He seemed really nice at the game day and after (We were chatting about the footage he posted with us hunting him down.)

Anyway, recommend Apocalypse. Any suggestions of game days around the south side of the M25? (Been to BL and Apoc. TWA is our home)

Been caught cheating on numerous games I've been to - Including going out of bounds to get the drop on people, climbing things he shouldn't, sitting in the apposing teams spawn to get kills, not taking hits, shooting within MEDS... 

I'm still yet to play Apocalypse but I must admit the photos I've seen of the site look pretty impressive.

• Supporters

I am team mates with one of the Sniper Ops boys, and the stories about KM are true. He is a nice enough fella to your face, but I have seen the evidence of him behind people’s backs.

His antics during skirmishes are well documented.

4 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I am team mates with one of the Sniper Ops boys, and the stories about KM are true. He is a nice enough fella to your face, but I have seen the evidence of him behind people’s backs.

His antics during skirmishes are well documented.

Off the field and on the field personalities are well and truly two differing things. I've met some guys/girls who are complete arses off the field who are complete gents on/then the other side people who are lovely guys/girls off the field but on the field they turn into complete knobs. I don't really get the whole cheating for content material... I'd much rather watch someone (not that I watch play videos) that gives an honest account of their day than watch someone who has to lie their way to giving the impression they are some sort of airsoft elite special forces navy seal commando sniper veteran 

43 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Off the field and on the field personalities are well and truly two differing things. I've met some guys/girls who are complete arses off the field who are complete gents on/then the other side people who are lovely guys/girls off the field but on the field they turn into complete knobs. I don't really get the whole cheating for content material... I'd much rather watch someone (not that I watch play videos) that gives an honest account of their day than watch someone who has to lie their way to giving the impression they are some sort of airsoft elite special forces navy seal commando sniper veteran 

Once I have my zoom cam, I will look to give honest account. As the group I go skirmishing with are looking at going to various different sites which could help.

Some of my guys are going to the UK vs USA event, which I am well jealous about!

Archived