New to HPA

L11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. 

This is my first post on the forum, I'm new to HPA. I'm seeking some advise from people who know. 

I've been doing allot of digging and want to run this setup past you guys, before I commit to the purchase. 

Bottle: Valken Airsoft HPA Tank 48/3000 (EU). 

The website states an output pressure of under 275 PSI.

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/valken-airsoft-hpa-tank-483000-eu-wregulator/

Line reg: Valken SLP QD HPA Air Rig with Line

The website states. Maximum Input Pressure: 300 PSI (This cannot be used with HPA tanks higher than 300 PSI)
Output: Adjustable between 40-120 PSI.

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/valken-slp-qd-hpa-air-rig-36-line-regulator/

To me this means that the bottle and bottle reg outputs at sub 300 PSI then the line rig allows an adjustable PSI of 40 to 120. 

Are my thoughts correct? 

Thanks in advance. 

Perfect. Thanks. 

And for just clarity, nothing else is needed? 

Are the products considered good? I'm conscious they're relatively cheap. But as this is my intro into HPA I don't want to splash out just yet. 

• Root Admin

They'll do you fine so long as you're using electric solenoid or aren't too trigger happy with a tapped GBBR - a 48ci tank is a good standard size and should get you through a day if you're not spraying all the time. That line length is fairly standard. If you're taller than say 6'3 you might want a 40", if you're shorter than 5'8 you might want a 32" line.

Valken stuff is certainly pretty alright. It won't stand up to the refresh rates on some stuff (especially as it's an SLP), but again if you're using solenoid HPA (like Polarstar, Wolverine Inferno/Hydro/Wraith etc.) then you'll be absolutely fine.

I would recommend checking if it comes with a thread protector (and maybe buy a couple spare). Buy some spare o-rings for the tanks and maybe some TechT GunSav for lubing the regulator and o-ring ontop of the tank (also a good lubricant for the HPA kit itself). Keep dust off the threads and top of the tank religiously if possible (again, thread protector) and - finally - consider a fill nipple protector. Magnetic ones are expensive but worth it in my opinion. The little rubber ones tend to last me a couple of months before they fall apart unfortunately, but they're about a quid each so...

Other recommendations I'd make is a decent replica mini map pack (any will do - Warrior Assault Systems make a really nice one, but Condor, as an example, have one too) and potentially a couple of hydration hose clips for routing the line under your arm. The map pack has an elasticated hydration pouch that will hold your bottle fairly firmly in place. If it moves too much then stuff a t-shirt or two down next to it to stop it rattling. A rattling bottle and backpack is the most annoying thing about HPA by far, so you'll want to sort this. The hydration line clips are a dime a dozen on eBay. One or two is more than enough - not everybody likes them, but I'd try them once. If they're no good to your setup (I'm assuming you have some sort of plate carrier or belt) then ditch them.

Longer-term: Keep your eye on eBay for a 232 bar scuba tank. This makes getting refills on air way easier (not all scuba shops will directly fill a paintball tank) and lets you take a few refills with you to a skirmish. Make sure it's 'within hydro' (it's been recently hydro-statically tested) and has a reasonable number of years left before it's scrap. You'll ned a 'fill station' for this too.

Archived