What does airsoft cost?

Tommikka
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBH I'm just getting into it and as hobbies go it's pretty cheap IMO (this is all relative to salary of course).

I've played for 9 games and just gone through 1 bottle of Blaster BB's (.25's) and a 1 1/3 cans of gas that's playing 1/2 days CQB in semi 🙂

£15.00 walk on for 4 hours of fun (now I'm a member) and bought a half decent gun G&G M4 £300.00 ish and a WE P226 £90.00 both are working well.Plus mags etc... of course.

Travel is about £15.00 in juice per game.

Prior to Airsoft I did mountain biking half decent 2nd hand good full suspension bike and your looking north of £1K new your looking at £2.5 K plus! for a  Tokyo Marui grade

in the  mountain bike world new you would be starting at £4.5K. Plus a couple of sets of tyres (£30 - £50 each a year, new chains (2-3 at £23.00 each) 1 cassette and so on and so forth plus to ride the really good  stuff Lakes, North Wales etc it was £50.00 a day in fuel.

So based on what I used to do i find it great value for money 🙂

As above I find AIRsoft great value for money compared to other hobbies!

prevous to Airsoft I was heavily into cars (still am) and track days which cost a fortune. Even going to car shows these days mounts up to an expensive day, let alone a full track day

These days now I have the kit I like (with the occasional splash out on something new... which isn't very often) my expenditures are as follows;

• game fee
  • petrol
  • food/drink
  • bb's (usually 3 1kg bags every 3 or 4 months)

Having played for a fair few years now i have a shed full of stuff that occasionally gets used for other games but other than that you don't really need much for a skirmish other than somewhere for mags, your gun and some ammo. Biggest expendature for me has been the gun I wanted and the gear I like although bargains are always to be found especially on ebay and selling pages and this forum!

Archived