Travelling on Eurostar

azrel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've seen the various threads about travelling with an Airsoft RIF via plane, however I curious about travelling via Eurostar with a RIF? Eurostar's has Prohibited Items and Restricted Items listed for firearms and makes the distinction of 'Licensed' and 'Unlicensed', would an Airsoft RIF fall into their Unlicensed category or their Licensed or Authorised category? Eurostar will it seems allow Restricted items to travel at their discretion, has anyone had experience with travelling via Eurostar with a RIF, if so is there what is the best way to go about it?

Thanks

• Supporters

Give them a call and find out. Be clear on what it is you'd be sending.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Gepard said:

My thoughts too, be 100% upfront & they'll prob be fine, shotgun owners travel to France regularly for shoots with no issues.

Only thing I would reccomend is a decent secure hard case, screams professionalism to border staff & ensures you don't expose a rif when an £8 hk gun bag splits lol ;) 

4 hours ago, Gepard said:

So I did give them a call before posting and they pointed me at the website and their list with no other help. I'm guessing the '1st line' people on the phone basically don't know so point you at the web to save time.. I my drop into St Pancreas and go ask in person, find someone that has a clue...

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, azrel said:

So I did give them a call before posting and they pointed me at the website and their list with no other help. I'm guessing the '1st line' people on the phone basically don't know so point you at the web to save time.. I my drop into St Pancreas and go ask in person, find someone that has a clue...

Just say that you've read it but wanted some clarity as these aren't firearms. I'd imagine the same conditions would apply though. 

Keep it locked up in a hard case and as long as you declare what you're carrying the travel company don't seem to care much for toy guns and won't make a fuss. 

On 3/20/2018 at 2:47 PM, Tackle said:

Only thing I would reccomend is a decent secure hard case, screams professionalism to border staff & ensures you don't expose a rif when an £8 hk gun bag splits lol ;) 

happened to me outside an airsoft shop, scared an old lady shitless!!!

Archived