WE G17 Slide not locking back

Jayjay
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So.. I'm having an issue with my WE Glock 17 Gen 4.

On two mags, which I have purchased from new, the slide does not lock back after the first round. On the mag that came with the G17 when I bought it, it does.

So I think the problem is with the mags. 

I've done some research and have been looking closely at the followers and follower springs.

However, they all look identical. None appear to be worn down, none appear to be compressed.

The followers catch on the outside of the mag appears to raise to about the same height on each mag.

I'm probably going to buy some new followers and follower springs to test?

But is there anything obvious I'm missing? 

Do you mean after the last round?

Ive had this problem at one time or another on all my glocks, and to be honest, as I target shoot and count my shots, it’s nevrr bothered me enough to try and get to the bottom of.

The follower on the mag pushes the slide catch up after the last bb has left the mag, and from what I can tell, it’s very sensitive.

let us all know if you find an easy solution 

rdb

On 19/03/2018 at 9:28 PM, rocketdogbert said:

Do you mean after the last round?

Ive had this problem at one time or another on all my glocks, and to be honest, as I target shoot and count my shots, it’s nevrr bothered me enough to try and get to the bottom of.

The follower on the mag pushes the slide catch up after the last bb has left the mag, and from what I can tell, it’s very sensitive.

let us all know if you find an easy solution 

rdb

Yes Sorry, after the last round and subsequent shots once empty.

I've had a few ideas of what I might try. Just finding the time to do it that's the issue.

On 19/03/2018 at 9:32 PM, johnnyj said:

lube the gas router on the top of the mag and the piston cup and retry 

I thought initially that it may be an issue with lube/cleanliness.. but then I noticed 1 mag always works and the others don't.. even after a lube and clean.

Thanks both for your quick replies.. for some reason it didn't notify me of them so only just checked back.

Oj if you thing its something to do with the follower or spring swap the parts over ( only a single pin )and see if the fault jumps over to the other mag if not could be an issue with the release valve 

The only thing that locks the slide back is the release bar, and this is only pushed up by the bb follower in the mag.

Therefore the follower isn’t coming up correctly or it’s worn.

Like I said, I’ve never bothered to fix mine, but I can’t see how it’s anything other than the mag spring or the follower itself :)

1 hour ago, johnnyj said:

Oj if you thing its something to do with the follower or spring swap the parts over ( only a single pin )and see if the fault jumps over to the other mag if not could be an issue with the release valve 

That's exactly what I intend on doing. Going to swap the springs over and test.. if no change then I'll swap followers over. 

Archived