Batteries.....and i mean general day to day ones!

djben9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

Just getting through my last few Cr123, C123 or what ever they like to be called these days so i went and bought some Panasonic ones at around £1.50 each.

Xcortech unit takes 2xAA and the Tracer/Counter takes 4xAAA,, PEQs 2xCr123, Torches 1xCr123, LED Lenser torch 3xAAA, clone scope 1xCr123......so im usually making sure i keep a few around plus the kids keep using them in the Wii controller and other things!

Last AA and AAAs i got a pack of 32 for £10 @ Tesco, now £12 a pack

Last lot of C123s were Surefire then Niton, but not cheap for 12!

Is there an alternative to two 'inline' C123s as well that may be better for some torches...?

Just curious, we talk about other things a lot but anyone know where you can get good day to day batteries at a good price..??

currently looking at on google, these were 3 that kept coming up.....

buyabattery

batterystation

batterywarehouse

• Supporters

I used to use Maplins for all my batteries, got 100 AA and 100AAA for ~£70 the lot. If you have one near you, as it’s in liquidation, you might be able to get them a touch cheaper!

They also had their own version of the C123 which were about half the price of the normal ones. Failing that, I managed to find a decent Amazon listing of 12 C123s for £8 a few months back.

I do not know of any replacement batteries that you could use instead.

• Moderators

cheers, 

yeah two near me so may have a walk into town when im in office end of week, still seems to be expensive shop though for some stuff even though its closing down!! haha

i usually search the typical places for deals as well, sometimes never know if a good brand or not, or 'longer' lasting. Durocell industrial ones seem to be a good price

The Duracell Industrial ones are the ones I use. Never had a problem with them, although it high output/demanding things I always use rechargeable. However I have no idea about the price of them... I tend to get them from work :rolleyes: 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Arwen said:

The Duracell Industrial ones are the ones I use. Never had a problem with them, although it high output/demanding things I always use rechargeable. However I have no idea about the price of them... I tend to get them from work :rolleyes: 

haha ,yeah i know what you mean 

cool, seem to get 100 for a good price, amount kids go through!

did think about rechargeable ones in the C123 size

• Supporters

Regarding two cr123's inline, isn't the 18650 batt that equivalent, but the downside is its only 3v instead of the 6v achieved with 2 cr123's ?.

of late I've been buying mine on eBay, mainly rechargables, often with a charger chucked in for next to nothing.

23 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Regarding two cr123's inline, isn't the 18650 batt that equivalent, but the downside is its only 3v instead of the 6v achieved with 2 cr123's ?.

of late I've been buying mine on eBay, mainly rechargables, often with a charger chucked in for next to nothing.

One 18650 is like two 18350 size wise. Be mindful of fake 18650, there's a lot out there and they hit the thermal runway violently.

18650 will be 4.2v fully charged and about 3.2v on empty.

I would advise against double stacking 18350 batteries, they just don't have the amps. If anyone does double stack rechargeables then rotate them to keep the internal resistance married and keep them as a pair only for a specific use (regardless of running them in series or parallel).

Archived