Cheap gas?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Probably somewhere in Liverpool where it’s fine to just take someone else’s when they’re not looking.

Just now, AshOnSnow said:

Probably somewhere in Liverpool where it’s fine to just take someone else’s when they’re not looking.

Fu*k you, Ash! :lol:

wouldnt bother with red. Why not just use propane. Cheap and doesn’t have a load of crap in it that will ruin your hop 

10 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

wouldnt bother with red. Why not just use propane. Cheap and doesn’t have a load of crap in it that will ruin your hop 

Just for when it's really cold. And tbh, I think I'm looking more at black than red- The MWS could take that in low temps? and the MK23?
Otherwise I could look at propane when it's warmer. Would you by any chance know of a decent fill valve for propane?

I don’t know. Mine runs fine on propane even at freezing. 

Theres abbey brut sniper and guarder black gas. You could try MAPP gas is the mws if it’s really cold. Not sure if a TM mk23 mag would hold it without blowing the pressure release though. 

I use an airsoft innovations one but madbull also make some 

This is the best gas I have used, makes the MWS kick like a donkey being violated by a T-Rex:

https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152204167-Smart-Gas-TM-1000ml.html

I’ve never seen a donkey being violated by a T. rex before, so I’ll have to take your word for it lol. It’s probably got some MAPP in it. 

For me... 5c+ or inside use propane. 

<5c use mapp gas. Stuff absolutely stinks, but it has made WE guns run in the snow. I’ll video a test tonight of a frozen mag with MAPP gas if I don’t get home too late. 

• Root Admin

I like Smart Gas too but I wouldn't say it's the same pressure as the black or red cans that Nuprol sells. Maybe a bit more powerful than their green ones (but extremely good for the price).

Also worth remembering that - if this is for your MWS - the TM guns aren't really made for it (at least not explicitly). Officially they're meant to be run on duster but have been built to green gas specs. for some time now given how many they export.

A plastic slide pistol you need to be careful, but the mws will take it happily. Both of mine run of propane and have done for a year without so much as a nozzle return spring. 

As I’ve said, you can use more powerful gasses like MAPP, but I’d only use it when it’s cold so that the cold offsets the increase in power. 

On 3/19/2018 at 6:59 PM, Wo1f said:

A plastic slide pistol you need to be careful, but the mws will take it happily. Both of mine run of propane and have done for a year without so much as a nozzle return spring. 

As I’ve said, you can use more powerful gasses like MAPP, but I’d only use it when it’s cold so that the cold offsets the increase in power. 

I'd like to use it in my Secutor as it's a little underpowered compared to my spring shotties but I've heard it chews through seals over time.

1 hour ago, snaggletooth said:

I'd like to use it in my Secutor as it's a little underpowered compared to my spring shotties but I've heard it chews through seals over time.

I’ve heard that too, but never experienced it. I imagine you’d be fine to use it, but once the game is over I’d empty it and fill it with maintenance gas for storage.   

• Supporters
On 19/03/2018 at 6:59 PM, Wo1f said:

Funnily enuff was talking to a team mate about this very subject a few wks ago , I’ve always been told/heard this as well but never seen it , have you ? Or ever seen or spoken too anyone who has firsthand (not the “oh my brothers girlfriend’s uncles best mates dog walker said) experience of green gas/propane killing a plastic slided pistol ?

I know it’ll blow the pressure valve on TM MK23 mags (have done it my self !) but me personally I’ve never come across a ‘death by propane’ plastic slide . Just curious if anyone has ? 

I’ve seen a plastic slide blow the back out on green gas. I’ve seen a WE m92 with a metal slide shatter the rear in about 10 pieces too. 

Dont get me wrong, I run propane in my TM fn5-7, but I’m fully aware that it may sh*t itself sooner rather than later. I’ll take the little extra performance over longevity. 

Archived