M14 Socom, TM or G&G

kasaran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so been wanting one of these guns for a while, had my eye on the TM which is pretty hard to find in stock anywhere these days.  i only recently found the G&G version recently, its cheaper and in stock on a site i know and trust. 

has anyone got any experience with the G&G m14 soc16?  how does it compare to the TM?

The TM M14 series are widely viewed as some of the most accurate, long ranged and reliable systems there is. I would always advise TM in this (and many other) scenario. 

• Supporters

I second the cyma, previously owned the TM, sold it & regretted it, got the cyma & tbh it's a good copy, maybe better in some respects, get one :) 

• Supporters

And another vote for the Cyma. I have the EBR and it's a cracking tool!

TM hands down, the range on them is crazy, fps is standard TM low but performance will make up for it! 

Not just the performance they feel brilliant in the hands and the metal cocking handle action is glorious! 

(let me know if you cant find one, I can always get one in for you at SWAS)

2 minutes ago, CES_williamson said:

TM hands down, the range on them is crazy, fps is standard TM low but performance will make up for it! 

Not just the performance they feel brilliant in the hands and the metal cocking handle action is glorious! 

(let me know if you cant find one, I can always get one in for you at SWAS)

i did look at the cyma, the price is very agreeable, with mixed reviews on other guns.  Most of the m14 socom reviews have been pretty damn good.  i am put off by them slightly as my lack of technical knowlege means i need a teckie to fix any problems, and my nearest airsoft shop (fire-support, literally 2 miles away) will not do work on cyma or other 'cheap chinese knockoffs' for some reason.

The range is an interesting point, with the low fps, would it not be worth increasing the fps on the TM? 

The TM socom is sold out on your website? does that mean there is another batch on the way?

Fps does not equal range. 

The hop up for TM M14s is widely considered to be about the best you can buy out of the box. 

I would buy a TM, use it and then see if anything needs changing... Don't disturb the TM pixie dust is my advice. 

• Supporters

As others have said cyma are more robust BUT all makes will survive fine if you don’t abuse it and act like a dick with it , and nothing will touch the TM for range and accuracy ! And as Dentonboy said it’s a common mistake made by a lot of new players (and older ones who should know better)  range&accuracy has ‘Beep’ all to do with FPS , if you up the FPS it can go faster and further BUT only if you’ve got the hop sorted , no hop , no range or accuracy.

It is universally recognised that TM make the best hops and there 14’s are the best of the best ,

It’ll probably have the lowest FPS by a long bit but I’d put a yrs wages on a TM winning every time if you laid stock M14’s made by all the Airsoft manufactures next to each other and did a comparison shoot . 

16 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

As others have said cyma are more robust BUT all makes will survive fine if you don’t abuse it and act like a dick with it , and nothing will touch the TM for range and accuracy ! And as Dentonboy said it’s a common mistake made by a lot of new players (and older ones who should know better)  range&accuracy has ‘Beep’ all to do with FPS , if you up the FPS it can go faster and further BUT only if you’ve got the hop sorted , no hop , no range or accuracy.

It is universally recognised that TM make the best hops and there 14’s are the best of the best ,

It’ll probably have the lowest FPS by a long bit but I’d put a yrs wages on a TM winning every time if you laid stock M14’s made by all the Airsoft manufactures next to each other and did a comparison shoot . 

Fair enoughs.  That is what im hoping for.  A sort of dmr that i can use thats got the range but stays within the standard aeg limit of 350 fps.  

So long as the m14 isnt massively out ranged by the hoardes of m4 varients

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Fair enoughs.  That is what im hoping for.  A sort of dmr that i can use thats got the range but stays within the standard aeg limit of 350 fps.  

So long as the m14 isnt massively out ranged by the hoardes of m4 varients

My cyma is in the middle of getting a Maple Leaf hop and nub with a tightbore upgrade barrel. I plan to continue running it at under 350, just a bit more accurate.

I've got a G&G M14, and while I can't compare it to the others (never used them), I'll say it's a good bit of kit. Only thing to keep in mind with it is the magazines - it won't take TM or TM clone mags, G&G have their own, which I believe are significantly more expensive (a quick google on hi-caps gave me £12.99 for a CYMA one and £29.00 for a G&G one). Fortunately I make do with two high caps, but getting enough midcaps to last a skirmish would be enough to buy a CYMA M14 in itself...

2 minutes ago, Greg147 said:

I've got a G&G M14, and while I can't compare it to the others (never used them), I'll say it's a good bit of kit. Only thing to keep in mind with it is the magazines - it won't take TM or TM clone mags, G&G have their own, which I believe are significantly more expensive (a quick google on hi-caps gave me £12.99 for a CYMA one and £29.00 for a G&G one). Fortunately I make do with two high caps, but getting enough midcaps to last a skirmish would be enough to buy a CYMA M14 in itself...

Damn i didnt look at those.  Im thinking of running midcaps, in a vain attempt at restricting myself to single shot only, maybe a mosfet should be added later to prevent frustration full auto.

7 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Here here! 

• 2 months later...

Did you finally pickup an M14? If so, which did you go for?

On 3/19/2018 at 8:08 PM, kasaran said:

Damn i didnt look at those.  Im thinking of running midcaps, in a vain attempt at restricting myself to single shot only, maybe a mosfet should be added later to prevent frustration full auto.

Think there is a TM SOCOM for sale on the forum or JDBay atm... 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

Think there is a TM SOCOM for sale on the forum or JDBay atm... 

😍

27 minutes ago, edblackadder said:

That looks like a suspiciously good deal. If I had UKARA I would be in like Flynn mind.

The one on JDbay?

11 hours ago, ibo7 said:

Did you finally pickup an M14? If so, which did you go for?

yup, i went for the TM version. daves custom airsoft had one left when i was looking.  got 6 mid caps to go with it, a mix of tm and cyma, and all going well so far :D

2 hours ago, kasaran said:

yup, i went for the TM version. daves custom airsoft had one left when i was looking.  got 6 mid caps to go with it, a mix of tm and cyma, and all going well so far :D

I recently bought an M4 even though M14 is my favourite gun🤔

I finally need to get one, unfortunately means sacrificing my M4. Not sure whether to go down the DMR route yet. I just want an M14!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 3/19/2018 at 3:52 PM, Lozart said:

My cyma is in the middle of getting a Maple Leaf hop and nub with a tightbore upgrade barrel. I plan to continue running it at under 350, just a bit more accurate.

Quick update, I've since run this beast and the barrel and flat hop that I actually put in has made it WAY better!

The Maple Leaf ended up in my SPecna M4 and that is now a BB laser!!!!

I've been waiting for gunfire.pl to have the Cyma in stock for good few weeks but still out of stock.

2nd hand seem to go for more than new at times. 

I need an M14!!!

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, ibo7 said:

I've been waiting for gunfire.pl to have the Cyma in stock for good few weeks but still out of stock.

2nd hand seem to go for more than new at times. 

I need an M14!!!

I feel your pain bud , glad I’ve got three ! 👍😇

Archived