G&G vs VALKEN vs Specna Arms

Flypz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I'm about to buy my first airsoft AEG rifle and been doing research for a while now. I have some options to choose from and my budget is £200-£300

Please tell me your opinions about the following rifles as they seem to be the same quality.

1. VALKEN Alloy Series MK III Full Metal 15" Keymod M4 Airsoft AEG 

2. SPECNA ARMS SA V23 AEG

3. GC16 Warthog 12” Assault Rifle

4. CM16 SRXL Assault Rifle

I'm looking for something with high quality gearbox, quality materials that provides premium feel and similar M4 style like the above ones.

If you have a better suggestion in this budget, I'm happy to consider it.

• Supporters

G&G are good, Valken are a bit of an unknown in the UK. Personally I'm very happy with my Specna.

8 minutes ago, Lozart said:

G&G are good, Valken are a bit of an unknown in the UK. Personally I'm very happy with my Specna.

I've heard that Valken often copy other items and sell it cheaper with decreased quality but the above rifle is known as their own new generation design with mid range components.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Flypz said:

I've heard that Valken often copy other items and sell it cheaper with decreased quality but the above rifle is known as their own new generation design with mid range components.

You could well be right.

• Supporters

To be honest, at that price point it's very much a "pay your money, take your choice" option. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Flypz said:

Which gun would be better for inside modding?

They all have the same basic design, depends on what you want to do. More importantly, you may not NEED to do anything internal. 

G&G and Specna Arms are certainly solid starter guns, not much experiance with valken.

Quality wise Specna Arms has more metal parts + feels a bit more solid 

Performance wise they are pretty much the same, ROF on the specna arms are slightly higher

As its your first gun I would go for G&G as they are tried and tested, though you would still be safe with the specna arms

5 minutes ago, CES_williamson said:

G&G and Specna Arms are certainly solid starter guns, not much experiance with valken.

Quality wise Specna Arms has more metal parts + feels a bit more solid 

Performance wise they are pretty much the same, ROF on the specna arms are slightly higher

As its your first gun I would go for G&G as they are tried and tested, though you would still be safe with the specna arms

Thanks for the information and suggestion. G&G rifles have the best design in my opinion but not sure about the polymer body. I prefer full metal and don't mind the extra weight.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Flypz said:

Thanks for the information and suggestion. G&G rifles have the best design in my opinion but not sure about the polymer body. I prefer full metal and don't mind the extra weight.

Don't get sucked in by the whole "full metal" thing. Cheap airsoft receivers are commonly quite brittle. A decent polymer receiver will always be more durable than a cheap, cast pot metal one!

On 19/03/2018 at 1:33 PM, Flypz said:

As lozart said the metal body is nice but wont really give you an advantage & some companies add these just to make up for poor performance

Of the guns you listed the Specna Arms has by far the best engineered internals and excellent quality externals. It only really wants a better motor and a basic Mosfet along with the usual angle of engagement adjustment and spending a little time on the shimming to feel and shoot like a much more expensive gun.

Look at the Specna Arms SAEC guns for out of the box performance that will keep you happy for a good while.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Very happy with my Specna Arms, as the guys on here are probably fed of of hearing :lol:

I can take some good close ups of mine later if you want to get a feel of the quality of the exterior etc?

3 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Very happy with my Specna Arms, as the guys on here are probably fed of of hearing :lol:

I can take some good close ups of mine later if you want to get a feel of the quality of the exterior etc?

Sure, that would be greate. Not many review on youtube so it would be useful.

5 hours ago, Hangtight said:

Of the guns you listed the Specna Arms has by far the best engineered internals and excellent quality externals. It only really wants a better motor and a basic Mosfet along with the usual angle of engagement adjustment and spending a little time on the shimming to feel and shoot like a much more expensive gun.

Look at the Specna Arms SAEC guns for out of the box performance that will keep you happy for a good while.

From the very few review that I saw online, they do seem to be very reliable but the Valken that I've mentioned seem to come with pre-modded parts from the factory where all the neccessary parts are upgraded. Not sure of the interior brand but it seem to be the best choice.

• Supporters

My only experience of Valken is with there .4 sniper ammo and a sling , and both were crap ! The slings stitching failed and the ammo shattered in my mates L96 and destroyed the internals on it ! :angry:

20 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

My only experience of Valken is with there .4 sniper ammo and a sling , and both were crap ! The slings stitching failed and the ammo shattered in my mates L96 and destroyed the internals on it ! :angry:

In every review people seem to mention their previous items that were cheap knockoffs but this rifle is their step up into the higher tier guns with high quality components. I don't know why it's not a very popular brand in the UK as it seems to be pretty good. 

8 hours ago, Flypz said:

... but the Valken that I've mentioned seem to come with pre-modded parts from the factory where all the neccessary parts are upgraded.

Mostly marketing w@nk. The parts are no different to any other gun. And what makes a gun perform reliably is the way the parts are matched and the quality of the assembly. And this is what Specna Arms, G&P, Krytac etc get right.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Flypz said:

From the very few review that I saw online, they do seem to be very reliable but the Valken that I've mentioned seem to come with pre-modded parts from the factory where all the neccessary parts are upgraded. Not sure of the interior brand but it seem to be the best choice.

How can something be upgraded and pre-modded from the factory? What they make is the standard product it is not upgraded as that signifies changing a standard part for an improved aftermarket one.

It is all advertising bullshit and I cannot believe people fall for it.

21 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

How can something be upgraded and pre-modded from the factory? What they make is the standard product it is not upgraded as that signifies changing a standard part for an improved aftermarket one.

It is all advertising bullshit and I cannot believe people fall for it.

I guess by using third party components instead of making their own crap. They use SHS gears inside which is higher quality than the default factory version.

SHS gears are made in a factory that is the OEM  for a number of different brands. They are no better than the gears in any properly engineered airsoft gun. They are popular because they are an inexpensive way to gain options for gear ratio. The fact that a gun brand is advertising the fact that they are using SHS gears should ring warning bells. It means they can't be bothered to make the investment in their own manufacturing plant and QC systems, which would point to them being an 'assembler' rather than a manufacturer.

At this juncture out is worth pointing out that if you purchase a decent, properly engineered and assembled gun, then most 'upgrade' parts are at best unnecessary, and at worst (which is a lot of the time) they are actually a downgrade.

2 hours ago, Hangtight said:

SHS gears are made in a factory that is the OEM  for a number of different brands. They are no better than the gears in any properly engineered airsoft gun. They are popular because they are an inexpensive way to gain options for gear ratio. The fact that a gun brand is advertising the fact that they are using SHS gears should ring warning bells. It means they can't be bothered to make the investment in their own manufacturing plant and QC systems, which would point to them being an 'assembler' rather than a manufacturer.

At this juncture out is worth pointing out that if you purchase a decent, properly engineered and assembled gun, then most 'upgrade' parts are at best unnecessary, and at worst (which is a lot of the time) they are actually a downgrade.

Oh okay. Makes much more sense now.

Thanks

• Mostly Retired Moderators

@Flypz here's some shots of my Specna.

If there's anything specific you'd like to see, just let me know.

J3AgPj9.jpg

IhIKmCo.jpg

bZ3JB8r.jpg

BWkSqNc.jpg

nswMnq4.jpg

9FbHnwP.jpg

(Older photos below)

44sTt7t.jpg

EkVOrGz.jpg

MM1GfD1.jpg

6KuKtZv.jpg

T7Ss3V4.jpg

OqFB29x.jpg

7STydmN.jpg

M61KIgR.jpg

xWktIv0.jpg

rxQVQVe.jpg

KZXt4cZ.jpg

4Ldl9QY.jpg

It's still holding up very well now considering its had two years of solid use as my main gun. The only areas to point out wear are the area at the rear of the lower which is scuffed from two years of sling use. And the paint on the forward assist is starting to wear.

Bringing me to the next point:

It has two breakages which aren't very important..

The receiver has cracked at the bolt catch from where I was knocking the pin out to get to the gear box and whacked my punch, not realising the punch was on the body not the pin. Not sure if this is how it actually happened, but I noticed it after twatting the wrong bit with the punch :lol:

It's still functional and still no signs of breaking further.

cpGIaQ9.jpg

And my forward assist button broke from new. Turned up like it from over zealous postmen :).

I haven't gotten around to fixing it though  (despite having a replacement) as it's purely cosmetic and isn't detrimental to the functioning of the gun and I like that it's a way of identifying my gun in the event of it being pinched.

yvstDdD.jpg

Hopefully that's not too many photos and hopefully it helps.

Let me know if you've any other questions about it. :)

Archived