Forum Layout Changes - March '18

Gepard
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I haven't had a chance to look at it on a computer yet however on mobile I'm liking the new layout. I think the new user icons could do with reverting back. I don't think the colours fit in with the rest of the forum. I'm also not really a fan of the new 'like' emote and preferred the old style. 

It would be good if we could get some sort of dialog going between the forum and @Devastator. Whilst it's nice I don't think this is a change any of us particularly needed and there's certainly more pressing things we'd like to see implented. 

• Moderators

yeah noticed last night on my phone, seems ok, nothing to serious....members who have no avatar are displayed as the letter their name starts with....

'like' option look a bit weird, prefer the like or unlike option ,no need for tho 'mojis'

• Supporters

For me it's the new popup dialog when marking a forum read. I click the link, close the tab, then realize there was a popup, reopen the tab, reclick the link, OK the dialog, close the tab. Every. Single. Time. :)

Probably I'll get used to it.

Thanks for the upgrade though!

• Root Admin

@Gepard This 'theme' update is almost certainly directly related to an IPB (Invision Power Board) update and likely never saw Devastator do anything except click a couple of things whilst applying a general update.

I also don't like the emotes, but that's again IPB trying to Facebook-erize their forum software. We saw a big change with the status updates and the like when we moved from 3.x to 4.x just over a year back. This is the same deal, but again it's not Devastator doing it specifically.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, proffrink said:

@Gepard This 'theme' update is almost certainly directly related to an IPB (Invision Power Board) update and likely never saw Devastator do anything except click a couple of things whilst applying a general update.

I also don't like the emotes, but that's again IPB trying to Facebook-erize their forum software. We saw a big change with the status updates and the like when we moved from 3.x to 4.x just over a year back. This is the same deal, but again it's not Devastator doing it specifically.

Ah, my mistake then. From what other users said I was under the impression it was a feature that was manually changed. As Dev's last login was yesterday it tied in with the theory. Good to clear that up though!

• Root Admin

I mean it's possible that it can be manually switched back, but in my experience the IPB team like to force these updates down ones neck so it's likely he had no idea and was just updating it as he usually does every couple of months :S

am i the only one unable to post ?

in certain threads . It is o.k here , have tried to post in another couple of threads. Browser sits at saving and the post is never completed.

Permissions thing ?

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Guyver1 said:

am i the only one unable to post ?

in certain threads . It is o.k here , have tried to post in another couple of threads. Browser sits at saving and the post is never completed.

Permissions thing ?

Try refreshing the page. It happens to me sometimes and that fixes it. Often times it creates a duplicate post which a mod has to delete. 

its a firefox/mozilla thing.

Just posted into the thread i was interested in using Edge.

FF is normally my goto browser never had any issues with it.

All very strange.

i'll square this up.

It was me, had made some changes to my firewall and messed up the outbound routing :wub:.

Sorted out my mess and all working fine now. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
2 minutes ago, xWebster said:

Have we had another update? 

It all looks very... Blue?

Looks pretty sleek tho

• Moderators

I’m not sure as only just seen it on phone......I’ll look tomorrow when on laptop....:lol:

I'm fine with this layout, reliabilty over looks.

Cheers

G

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Blue is gone. We like a nice shade of grey to reflect our moods.

Also 80% width is back so that we're not all wasting monitor space.

well done, i know you just had a moment! :lol:

from now on you shall be known as Christian            ........................:rolleyes: 

forgot to add....

can you change the colour under notifications as well?, thats a blueish tinge

• Supporters

Blue - Unread

Purple - Read

That's usually how results appear for me on Google. I can still see the difference with the current format, but they are pretty similar.

Archived