Importing Airsoft RIF with UKARA into the UK with car

Flypz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi 
I live in the UK and planning to go for a holiday to Romania in the summer where I will get a new airsoft rifle. I will leave the country for 3 weeks with car and I don t want any trouble when I'm coming back.

I know that if they don't search the car, I can import and it will be fine on the border but if for some reason I have to provide evidence of the RIFs origin, I might be run into legal problems.

Another option would be to buy a RIF here in the UK and transport it through 5 countries back and forth. (Which would be okay as all of these countries allow airsoft rifles to be transported)
What about emailing or calling the border defense to get a certificate or some paper to clarify the situation if the car is searched. 
(I know UKARA only protects the seller and I know it would be easier to buy a RIF here but I need a solution for this specific situation)

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful 
Thanks

There won’t be a problem being searched if you’re only bringing back items that are legal in the UK

The two points of concern on import are customs and making sure items are UK legal

Romania is within the EU, so no import duty / import VAT

Keep the packaging and receipt and have your UKARA information 

All should be good

25 minutes ago, Flypz said:

So if I buy a RIF in Romani that can also be purchased in the UK, I don't have to worry about the import?

Nope, you still need a defence as well

Archived