Looking for another Plate Carrier buget around £50

GothicGhost
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After buying a cheap £16 plate carrier I am now I want something bit better.

I already a warrior triple front mag pouch I want to attach

mag_pouch.jpg

Been looking at some and found two I like so far I like the look off.

Condor Sentry Lightweight Plate Carrier

Looks nice but not sure how do the side clips

Lightweight_Plate_Carrier.jpg

Condor Gunner Lightweight Plate Carrier

My concern with this one is if the front pouch will be stable because the front molle flap top is held only by one popper clasp and Velcro.

gunner.jpg

OUTRY Plate Carrier, Innovative MOLLE Tactical Vest

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tactical-Military-Wargame-Carrier-Hunting/dp/B074M3Y3QT/ref=as_li_ss_tl?tag=comparaboo09a-21&ascsubtag=345944687-311-701706421.1521300587&SubscriptionId=AKIAJO7E5OLQ67NVPFZA

61_NYDg_EMfw_L._SL1001.jpg

Thanks for any help.

I have the condor sentry and it's an alright PC. Well made, pretty solid but a couple of design oversights. The Velcro tabs on the side can scratch your neck especially if you use a sling and the straps over the shoulder are pretty thick and located quite far out so you either have to shoulder the gun with the stock on the strap or far out on your shoulder. It takes a bit of getting used to but isn't really a problem once you do.

Guest scalawag

I to have a Condor sentry.  

I wear a UBACS with the collar up so that stops anything rubbing my neck too much.  

It seems very secure and quite well made, not up to military spec obviously at this price point but it is very good quality.  

The side buckles are ok, I leave one side permanently closed and just snap the other side to when I put it on.  You can pull the webbing through at the buckle to tighten or loosen the side straps fo getting them to fit is pretty easy.  The only draw back to having these side straps is the lack of molly for additional pouch space, but I find I have enough with the front and back anyway, and if I need more storage space then the battle belt comes out too.  

I don't find too much trouble shouldering a weapon with this PC on, I keep the right side ( my strong side) clear as that is where I will mainly shoulder my weapon, and route my camelback tube down and anything else that is ever necessary down the left side.  I can still shoulder to the left side too so over all I would say the shoulder straps are ok.  I usually use a single point sling by the way, or sometimes a two point but both work fine with this plate carrier

When you get anything new like this you really are going to have to practice drills etc... in it to find what is most comfortable for you or wear it for a while at skirmishes to do the same anyway.  Its just a case of getting used to it, and how to work with it.

I can recommend the sentry and I guess the Condor Gunner will be broadly similar as they seem based on the same pattern just with different closures.

I would take Flyye over Condor, personally. 

• Supporters

Just take a look through the classifieds... you’ll be surprised at what gear you can grab for £50.

• Supporters

The JPC is cut similar to a couple of the PCs you've posted. I've owned a few and my current one by MODI has been very good quality for the price.

Alternatively I've heard that the most recent one by Emerson has been decent but the one I had was garbage which has kind of soured my opinion on the brand. Still, gen 2 could be alright. I don't know. FLYYE make a good one too, but it's perhaps not really in your budget. 

Either way get one with MOLLE on the sides like the one in pic 4. The straps variant posted in pic 1 as well as the eBay link above will be uncomfortable as it will move about whereas if you get one with a MOLLE cummerbund it will keep the rear panel in place as well as giving you space for pouches. 

Just be aware that if you're going for a multicam pattern the one you've linked near the bottom (Amazon) will be noticably brighter than the real deal. If you care about that sort of thing it's worth knowing.

Thank you all.  Looking at used sales as well now just in case.

I was leaning on getting the Outry JPC because the molle cummerbund.

But the internal magazine slot have velcro inside to close it up and  flopping about when I add my own triple mag pouch?

I do like the idea with the easy on/off clip ones but like you said it don't look stable enough with one strap.

So alternative idea is to save up another £50, wait for a sale and get best both worlds?

Just use my cheap plate carrier for a while.

https://www.uktactical.com/p-12443-warrior-recon-plate-carrier-sapi-multicam.aspx

recon.jpg

if you are set on having MOLLE at the sides .

Warrior DCS will do the job. Similar size to the Recon

6361_1.jpg

Lots of room on the front. I have seen guys with triple mag pouches out front. It closes "down" and fixes with velcro so no danger of stuff flapping around.

HTH

• Supporters

The "kangaroo" pouch works fine. It will fit 3 mags snugly and will go flat once you've removed the mags. But if you want your own pouches there's no worry of it flapping about. The velcro is strong enough to keep it in place. 

Archived