New and Two-Toned

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

If it really bothers you put some rifle tape around it when you get there.

Just now, ChickenStrippers said:

Nice one, cheers bud. I wanted to get a players recommendation rather than find out the hard way, so thanks again everyone and I feel a lot less self conscious now about my girly-man gun :lol::lol:

...not that I'm against the wimmins

Hey, gotta start somewhere with a gun, whether you wait for UKARA or not is players choice.

Personally I find rentals to be a bit too fussy and a bit broken at times. (Other than sixmil rentals... But that's West Midlands Airsoft FOB/High Command and Stormforce only.)

So really a two tone will probably have a better use to you until you get the UKARA IMO. The paint will probably scratch off as well over time making it less obvious.

People can't complain when they have their custom Hi-capa's with red and blue slides :) There's no problem with two tone,  if you're that worried like mentioned above, use some camo tape or if you're really on the cheap.. Duct tape! 

Hi and welcome from us. We are based in Oldbury. Don't worry about your two tone weapon most have had to start this way. And as for sites just to add to the list, Frontier Airsoft in Penkridge excellent site play every other sunday outdoor site with different theme every week Next game 25th march and Fireball Squadron at Bassetts Pole , is fine I know you were advised against them earlier being Elite, which is true, but we are now affiliated with these. I know Matt there who is one of the Organizers I do his Tech work for him and believe me you would be welcome with open arms as he has personally asked me to point Newbies his way, as he is looking to grow the numbers which at the moment average about 50-60 per game which is the First Saturday of every month. If you would like more info on places pop into the shop we are not far from you and happy to help:)

14 hours ago, LightningCh said:

Hey, gotta start somewhere with a gun, whether you wait for UKARA or not is players choice.

Personally I find rentals to be a bit too fussy and a bit broken at times. (Other than sixmil rentals... But that's West Midlands Airsoft FOB/High Command and Stormforce only.)

So really a two tone will probably have a better use to you until you get the UKARA IMO. The paint will probably scratch off as well over time making it less obvious.

This, I actually considered and was one of the main reasons of buying a personal primary rather than renting. I know it fits me, I'm familiar with the operation and I know the sights are now zeroed.

The main reason for not continuing with paintball was the fact that rental guns sucked!

The only thing I have to worry about now is the chrono, taking it to sites I suppose.

11 hours ago, TARGETSZONE.CO.UK said:

Hi and welcome from us. We are based in Oldbury. Don't worry about your two tone weapon most have had to start this way. And as for sites just to add to the list, Frontier Airsoft in Penkridge excellent site play every other sunday outdoor site with different theme every week Next game 25th march and Fireball Squadron at Bassetts Pole , is fine I know you were advised against them earlier being Elite, which is true, but we are now affiliated with these. I know Matt there who is one of the Organizers I do his Tech work for him and believe me you would be welcome with open arms as he has personally asked me to point Newbies his way, as he is looking to grow the numbers which at the moment average about 50-60 per game which is the First Saturday of every month. If you would like more info on places pop into the shop we are not far from you and happy to help:)

Thanks for the welcome and this info. When you say Fireball Squadron is "elite" what exactly do you mean?

• Supporters
17 hours ago, ChickenStrippers said:

However I was under the impression (after looking for a very long time) that should I become registered UKARA or even just deem myself as having a valid defence (UKARA is proof, but not necessarily a license)... Then I can change the colour to whatever I need.

It's entirely your risk and your decision.  Personally I stripped the paint off my two-tones as soon as they arrived, since I had further games booked, and the excuse required to transport them to a skirmish is the same as the defence for modifying them into a RIF.  I mentioned this to an airsofter who turned out to be a copper, who had no problems with it.

BBs from your two tone will be just as accurate and stingy as ones from a RIF, so there's no need to rush into a decision.

7 hours ago, ChickenStrippers said:

Snip

The main reason for not continuing with paintball was the fact that rental guns sucked!

The only thing I have to worry about now is the chrono, taking it to sites I suppose.

Snip

Yeah, paintball is a nightmare for rentals... For me though it was the ongoing cost for paintballs... Bbs are so much cheaper.

Although Bassett's Pole paintball rentals are actually really good lol.

And for chrono. Wouldn't worry too much, if you arent modifying it internally, the only way the fps can go is down lol.

So presumably its a stock gun, which would have been sold under legal limits to you.

Just make sure you know which bbs you are using, because i told them "it has .25s in" then  proceeded to shoot 340fps because I had actually .2s in... Got my gun banned from use for the day and had to use my backup lol

• Supporters

Yeah, same here. Part of the reason I stopped playing paintball was the cost. £20 for a box of 2000 doesn't get you very far. Especially when you have a gun that shoots 5 paintballs a second. 

Although entry fee was only £10 so it wasn't too bad for a day out. Dunno how the owner made any money. Refreshments were cheap too.

The rentals weren't very good at the site I played at. Gravity fed hoppers and a range of maybe 20m. Having to arc your shots and put a few down range to get one on target. 

Ugh.. 

Welcome to the club, in Telford SAWG have a new site opening on 25th this month near the buildwas power station. Straight down the m54 ! In regarding two tones screw the haters there is always one numpty who has an opinion on it not being ally or tacticool enough! Hopefully see you around local sites.

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

The rentals weren't very good at the site I played at. Gravity fed hoppers and a range of maybe 20m. Having to arc your shots and put a few down range to get one on target.

I did honestly think this was what all PB guns were like :blink: I did notice that everyone's trajectories were slightly better than mine.

2 hours ago, LightningCh said:

And for chrono. Wouldn't worry too much, if you arent modifying it internally, the only way the fps can go is down lol.

So presumably its a stock gun, which would have been sold under legal limits to you.

Just make sure you know which bbs you are using, because i told them "it has .25s in" then  proceeded to shoot 340fps because I had actually .2s in... Got my gun banned from use for the day and had to use my backup lol

Yes it's stock internally and I don't think I want to play with the internals  as I am a legit noob. The only gun I've ever fired 6mm BBS out of are the old spring pistols :P but hey ho maybe I'll change my mind later down the line.

Thanks for the tip, I wouldn't have given that a second thought. I think I'll only ever buy .20s, though as I heard the heavier ones are for sniping etc? I have amassed a fairly decent sized collection of ammo which is all .20 :D

1 hour ago, jack laarbruch said:

Welcome to the club, in Telford SAWG have a new site opening on 25th this month near the buildwas power station. Straight down the m54 ! In regarding two tones screw the haters there is always one numpty who has an opinion on it not being ally or tacticool enough! Hopefully see you around local sites.

You definitely will mate! That is very close one to me.

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

snip

Oh yeah they are gravity fed and not great range but they functioned well and practically everyone has the same gun at Bassetts Pole, very few guys with their own gear. Not one breakdown though from the rentals and functioned years later kinda deal lol.

27 minutes ago, ChickenStrippers said:

Yes it's stock internally and I don't think I want to play with the internals  as I am a legit noob. The only gun I've ever fired 6mm BBS out of are the old spring pistols :P but hey ho maybe I'll change my mind later down the line.

Thanks for the tip, I wouldn't have given that a second thought. I think I'll only ever buy .20s, though as I heard the heavier ones are for sniping etc? I have amassed a fairly decent sized collection of ammo which is all .20 :D

No problem although, There are a couple main bb weights (covered by other threads i'm sure but as a quick rundown)
0.2s, any site will chrono with these, cheap and cheerful but they are affected by the wind.
0.25s, most site lets you chrono with these, less affected by the wind.
0.3s sniper territory, but for more stock made snipers
0.4s heavy weight sniper bbs, expensive and used with modded snipers.

For a stock M4/AK/G36 etc. 0.2 or 0.25 will be fine, I use .25s indoors and outdoors, just some of my hire kit bbs are mixed into the bottles and they are 0.2s causing confusion at chrono lol.
Just make sure you know what you have before you get there lol.

4 hours ago, LightningCh said:

Yeah, paintball is a nightmare for rentals... For me though it was the ongoing cost for paintballs... Bbs are so much cheaper.

Although Bassett's Pole paintball rentals are actually really good lol.

Lol what? What site was you at? My L85A2 fired too hot because I mis-quoted which BBs I had loaded. Told him there's no way it should be firing hot, told me to double check the BB weight and hop, checked it, realised I quoted him the wrong weight, re-chrono'd and it was fine - he let me play.

I don't see why they'd ban from a site just because you misquoted a weight

1 minute ago, steakandpotato said:

Lol what? What site was you at? My L85A2 fired too hot because I mis-quoted which BBs I had loaded. Told him there's no way it should be firing hot, told me to double check the BB weight and hop, checked it, realised I quoted him the wrong weight, re-chrono'd and it was fine - he let me play.

I don't see why they'd ban from a site just because you misquoted a weight

It wasn't a perma ban like, just a "no you can't use it today", I was at Bravo 1.
My fault though because it was my first time at chrono and was just oblivious on what to do because I could have sworn on my life they were .25s lol

Think the marshal was in a bit of a bad mood anyway because I did get it re chronoed with a different marshal who let it through XD

Just now, LightningCh said:

It wasn't a perma ban like, just a "no you can't use it today", I was at Bravo 1.
My fault though because it was my first time at chrono and was just oblivious on what to do because I could have sworn on my life they were .25s lol

Think the marshal was in a bit of a bad mood anyway because I did get it re chronoed with a different marshal who let it through XD

Yeah I know but even still that's ridiculous. I've just gone through a phase where I had the last of my .2s in one set of mags and .25s in another set (Yes I'm aware of the logistical errors this causes and problems with hop-up etc) and quoted the wrong weight, they didn't care they just rechrono'd it. Seems a bit bastardy

22 hours ago, LightningCh said:

Oh yeah they are gravity fed and not great range but they functioned well and practically everyone has the same gun at Bassetts Pole, very few guys with their own gear. Not one breakdown though from the rentals and functioned years later kinda deal lol.

No problem although, There are a couple main bb weights (covered by other threads i'm sure but as a quick rundown)
0.2s, any site will chrono with these, cheap and cheerful but they are affected by the wind.
0.25s, most site lets you chrono with these, less affected by the wind.
0.3s sniper territory, but for more stock made snipers
0.4s heavy weight sniper bbs, expensive and used with modded snipers.

For a stock M4/AK/G36 etc. 0.2 or 0.25 will be fine, I use .25s indoors and outdoors, just some of my hire kit bbs are mixed into the bottles and they are 0.2s causing confusion at chrono lol.
Just make sure you know what you have before you get there lol.

Thanks mate, I will keep this in mind. For the time being I'll have to shoot when the wind stops :ph34r: Or at very close ranges lol

Archived