Selling my airsoft equipment, law clarification.

TomLD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon all, I haven't attended an airsoft event for some years and now I've reached the point were i cant keep my kit any longer. I have checked on how the laws have changed and I have read some of the other posts that were similar to mine however I hope you'll bare with me as giving to the potential serious of mis-selling my gear id like to get some feedback.

I have a mixture of weapons some would be classified as RIFS and some are Two-Toned. I'm not registered as a UKARA member and as stated above haven't attended a site in some years. The way I interpreted it was that if I wanted to sell my RIFS than I would be responsible for checking that the person i'm selling too is 18+ and has a 'defence'(Usually the best way to do this is to check if they are Ukara or a site member).

Some of the parts i wasn't sure about where:

-Do I need to be a Ukara member in order to be able to sell my RIFS.

-Do the above rules apply to two tone weapons as well as RIFS.

-Does the rules on RIFs extend to other parts of the weapons such as Magazines or spare batteries.

Sorry for the long winded post about what i'm sure has been asked before but I hope i can clarify my position.

Thanks 

Tom

• Supporters

Hey Tom, to sell your s/h "guns" is fine, no memberships etc needed.

But you need to be convinced that the person you sell to is a bona fide airsofter or possibly a reenactor etc, obviously ukara is probably the easiest option, but not all players may have it, many (like me), choose not to commit to any one site, instead playing at numerous sites & therefore not meeting ukaras half arsed requirements.

In these case you can research players via social media/forums etc, feedback, decent (with sensible content) post count, maybe even pics of them playing on their FB pages could be considered evidence.

the flip side to this is I've caught out potential buyers who were under age trying to by all black rifs, just by checking their FB profiles.

the onus is on you to be happy with who you sell to.

hope that helps.

mark

Following from what Tackle said:

For RIF you need to be convinced they are 18+ & have valid defence.

For IF you need to be convinced they are 18+

For parts there are no restrictions

• Supporters

Your on one now, other forum I'd reccomend would be ukaz, forget zeroin at the mo, it's usually "broken".

Agree with all of the above, as it’s correct.

As for selling. Primarily here, then WeaponCrates, usedairsoft, prefired, freeads.

If you want, you can split the RIF’s and IF’s into parts, then sell those parts anywhere with restrictions, but I wouldn’t.

You can even ask here for valuations, but generally any gun in good condition will be worth 60-70% of new price, parts 50%. Unless it’s something rare, like a KWA Vector :D

rdb

• Supporters

There is a new App out (well new to me) Called Airsoft Nation, a few people have started selling and buying on there.

• Supporters

Start here, that way we get first dibs ;) , & whatever doesn't shift quick, try the others.

Archived