Which TM model

sharpe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right this may open a can of worms.

I've been looking at TM recoil's now I'm a bit stuck as to which one to go for so looking for recommendations, it's between 416D, Scar L or Scar H.

Not really interested in AK models or the G36 models. 

What would people suggest? And why? Or even why not. If you dont rate them then what other brand would you suggest that make quality AEG of these models for the people that will say TM's are over priced and not worth the money. 

• Head Moderator

TM 416. 

It looks the best, is based on the best real steel gun (not that it makes any difference in airsoft), and it is not a Scar Wellington boot. Simple.

SCAR H has larger non standard magazines so is less useful.  416 and SCAR L can share mags with M4 recoils.

they are pretty much the same, it is really just down to your preference in looks.  But the 416 is the best :) 

They are essentially the same internally. Just pick one you like the look of. I think the scar H looks the best, but it also has the largest mags

Tried a SCAR H, thought it was fantastic. 

Haven't tried the Scars but I have the 416d. Love it. I recommend the lipo mod , i have two 1300mah batteries and I've got the fps mod to bring it up to local site limit. Shoots all day on those. I swap them at lunch for another pair although it isn't entirely necessary. 

Gun looks great, feels sturdy and like the real thing. Recoil is loads of fun. It's accurate too. Good rate of fire. 

• Head Moderator
22 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

For functionality Scar H

The heavy has largest ammo capacity.

By only 20 BBs over the 416 hi-cap magazine of 520 BB

Less messing around with batteries too. I had a 2200 7.4 in the stock of my H. I’d say the 416 was quieter. Recoil isn’t really recoil on them as they recoil forward not back into your shoulder

god dam it why I cant I afford all 3. that would make it easier. I love how the scar H look but size of the mags is a pan plus I would have to buy new mag pouches. so looks like i'm leaning more towards the 416D or the scar L. so from what I've read in these few replies that its more cosmetics when it comes to choosing between the 2? did read somewhere that the 416D has a much stronger recoil?

The performance is identical. The scar has an adjustable folding stock and 90 degree fire selector. The recoil on any aeg is pathetic and backwards, so I wouldn’t look into that too much. Charging handle is rocipricating on the Scar. It’s literally a choice of what looks the best to you. 

I guess if you want more realistic recoil feel then a GBBR is the way to go. well once I've got the car fixed I can see what I have left money wise, then see what is available on the market at the time to make the decision as to weather it will be a 416D or a Scar L,

• Supporters

I have the Tm Scar L, brilliant gun, folding stock makes it great for CQB too. I like it because it’s different, and performs well, the reason I prefer this over the 416? We have 3 TM recoils in our team, and they can all share the same mag, which makes playing a bit more fun.

On 3/12/2018 at 6:40 AM, Prisce said:

I have the Tm Scar L, brilliant gun, folding stock makes it great for CQB too. I like it because it’s different, and performs well, the reason I prefer this over the 416? We have 3 TM recoils in our team, and they can all share the same mag, which makes playing a bit more fun.

so the Scar L is actually good at CQB? 

so the next opinion is to go new or 2nd hand?

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, sharpe said:

so the Scar L is actually good at CQB? 

If can you get the money together I’d say go new but if you do go second hand I always recommend stock or lipo mod and inner barrel change as the only ‘mods’ I’d accept . You’ll see loads for sale with a gazillion up-grade parts which is all very good but who’s done the work and how good are they ? Just because they’ve had it done by a professional Tech guy or they’ve done it them selves , the seller or who ever did the work may be absolute gods with normal gearboxes but you just don’t know wether they actually know what there doing or there utter mongs when it comes to Next gen gearboxes ?

9 hours ago, sharpe said:

Buy new or if second hand only standard gearbox internals, or if upgraded internals only buy if works carried out by recognised tech with proof / receipt.

Well guys thank you for all the advice today I took the plunge and got a brand new TM scar-L cqc from combat south haven't shot it yet but it feel sold just holding it.

Archived