THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

3 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Dont have one.....

Thats what I was using....

The one with the flip-out loading head? I shake between every plunge because the bbs seem to get themselves stuck inside the mechanism. Does way better than the Kwa one I tried.  People talk about the Odin speedloader, maybe give it a try?

18 minutes ago, chrislocho said:

The one with the flip-out loading head? I shake between every plunge because the bbs seem to get themselves stuck inside the mechanism. Does way better than the Kwa one I tried.  People talk about the Odin speedloader, maybe give it a try?

The Odin is for AEG mags LMAO

On 19/10/2019 at 09:54, chrislocho said:

Thanks for the info guys, mostly set up with the two loadouts. One long and one short. Gotta be ready for all scenarios !!

Hearing talk about the angry gun nozzle I might give that a try. The dmr is running 1.3J at 0.28g. Both with Dave's brass nub installed.

20191019_163141.jpg

How far can you shoot using the DMR?
asking because the legal limit here in Portugal is 1.3J and that's exactly where you at using those 0.28g bb´s.

1 hour ago, chrislocho said:

As @Reapur said don’t use an ODIN you’ll destroy it trying to fill MWS mags. 

8 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

As @Reapur said don’t use an ODIN you’ll destroy it trying to fill MWS mags. 

Some guys here have fabrication skills, or 3d printers.  We really need an adaptor for the Odin loader to load our mags similar to the GBLS DAS adaptor.  Have a look.

https://www.gblsusa.com/products/odin-innovations-m12-sidewinder-speed-loader-gbls-das-gdr-15-m4a1-magazine-airsoft-gun

53 minutes ago, Reapur said:

The Odin is for AEG mags LMAO

Sorry I meant the Hurricane one, theres a video on youtube but never tried it. Most of my mates who run MWS use the TM speed loader XL just fine, the one that looks like a magazine. 

48 minutes ago, _FIL_ said:

How far can you shoot using the DMR?
asking because the legal limit here in Portugal is 1.3J and that's exactly where you at using tose 0.28g bb´s.

I'll update and let you know, mines not stock though. 375mm PDI 6.03/ Guns modify Nozzle/ Modify Tan/ SixG Brass nub.

In your case I reckon the NPAS or the Angry Gun adjustable nozzle might be better since you can dial it in. Others have had experience with it, I will go get myself one when I have the time.

Now, I may be crazy, but I reckon this works as well as the nozzle on a can of nuprol 2.0.  I may be wrong as I've just briefly tested it and I reckon it feels the same.

Update - getting a mag and a half to two out of one fill from a very old can of plumbers propane.  Filling is on par with a can of green gas not to say that I'm overly happy with it as it lags all over and it's hard to determine when you get that liquid spill to let you know it's full however it does reach and does fill.

I cannot find the Airsoft innovation fill adapter with three original plastic nozzle as they are all the 'improved' version with a metal nozzle. Are these an improvement over what I already have and are they worth the £25 extra?

Screenshot_20191021-151058.png

Edited by Wild Weasel

6 minutes ago, chrislocho said:

I'll update and let you know, mines not stock though. 375mm PDI 6.03/ Guns modify Nozzle/ Modify Tan/ SixG Brass nub.

In your case I reckon the NPAS or the Angry Gun adjustable nozzle might be better since you can dial it in. Others have had experience with it, I will go get myself one when I have the time.

I plan on running a similar build myself, but with 307mm promy inner and stock TM buicking.

Already have a NPAS in the rif:D
just wanted to get an idea of the range I would get with 1.3J/0.28g bb´s

21 hours ago, Wo1f said:

There is. My mate has a 3D printed mws Odin style speed loader 

Would he be willing to share the files?

It’s not his files. I meant he’s bought one from somewhere 

If its the Hurricane one, I would personally steer clear, I bought one and it broke within a few minutes. Don't think it can handle the strength of the MWS magazine's spring.

6 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Hey mate. Any chance there is a complete list of recommended upgrade parts compiled already? I'm a total noob so I'm quite lost in this massive thread. I'm looking into getting a MWS, but I'm not sure where to even start with the upgrades. So far all I know is that I'd like to use a PDI barrel and have a black/gold aesthetic.

@the3rdlegion I'd love for the forum staff to open up a subforum dedicated to the MWS platform so we can have a topic per part or something.  
In any case, from a noob to another. If you want a black gold aesthetic maybe wait for the gold match MTR16, which comes with the black/gold look you might be looking for. 

Upgrade wise.. to be fair the mws is very good out of the box so I'd run it without any upgrades at least once to get a baseline.

First thing I'd do is the green gas mod. Most of my new mags don't last 1 mag using green gas.

Parts you look to getting replaced or have as spare as they brake first -- Nozzle / Buffer (both plastic and might not handle green gas over time)

INNER BARREL: Personally I changed the bucking and barrel, aswell as putting PTFE tape on the inner barrel to minimize any wobble. 

BUFFER : Varying experiences with buffer....Currently testing 2nd angrygun speed buffer, the first one started to cause ROF issues.

Skim through the 85+ pages  Its still a good read haha

Morning all, on a vaguely related note is there a reccomended lightweight bolt carrier for these? At the moment I've found at least 4 different lightweight bolt offerings from Guns Modify, UAC, Asura Dynamics, Dynamic Precision and some other companies. Anyone got any experience with any of them? If I'm honest I'm mainly considering the GM CNC Aluminium bolt.

Planning on grabbing one of the 6G gunsmith pre-loaders for the recoil spring and considering one of the G&P roller weights for the bolt to try and minimise the sticktion/friction in the bolt cycle. Anyone got experience in this field as well?

As above either a MWS subforum or a move to "Show off your MWS" and "MWS Tech thread" would IMO help as this thread whilst great is beginning to become a touch bulky and difficult to find things in. Certainly I know there's bits and bobs I need to find here but 86 pages is a bit excessive unless I have at least a spare hour to comb through for what I'm after.

16 hours ago, Yukarin said:

If its the Hurricane one, I would personally steer clear, I bought one and it broke within a few minutes. Don't think it can handle the strength of the MWS magazine's spring.

I have the Hurricane (WarMag) speed loader an I know what you mean. Mine hasn't broken yet but it feels like it is about to every time you use it. They supply you with 2 winding handles when it arrives which shows they must have problems with them snapping. My one bit of advice is instead of windong it with the handle itself, I grab the middle part of the winder mech like a dial and push it round with my thumb as low as possible on the winding handle. I assume that is what broke on yours @Yukarin?

I may look at getting the TM Speedloader XL although I have to say the tube and plunger supplied do actually work.

1 hour ago, hunter511 said:

Morning all, on a vaguely related note is there a reccomended lightweight bolt carrier for these? At the moment I've found at least 4 different lightweight bolt offerings from Guns Modify, UAC, Asura Dynamics, Dynamic Precision and some other companies. Anyone got any experience with any of them? If I'm honest I'm mainly considering the GM CNC Aluminium bolt.

Planning on grabbing one of the 6G gunsmith pre-loaders for the recoil spring and considering one of the G&P roller weights for the bolt to try and minimise the sticktion/friction in the bolt cycle. Anyone got experience in this field as well?

As above either a MWS subforum or a move to "Show off your MWS" and "MWS Tech thread" would IMO help as this thread whilst great is beginning to become a touch bulky and difficult to find things in. Certainly I know there's bits and bobs I need to find here but 86 pages is a bit excessive unless I have at least a spare hour to comb through for what I'm after.

I'm in the exact position you are in regarding bolt carriers and the G&P roller. UAC apparently has split into Cow Cow and some other company (DP ?) so their bolt carriers are hard to come by. The GM carrier utilises a moving lever similar to their glock housings. Not sure how its going to hold up over time.

UAC is now DP, ive just installed their lightweight bolt carrier and it's perfectly machined, everything fits and seats nicely, and is incredibly light.

1 hour ago, RobHedley said:

I have the Hurricane (WarMag) speed loader an I know what you mean. Mine hasn't broken yet but it feels like it is about to every time you use it. They supply you with 2 winding handles when it arrives which shows they must have problems with them snapping. My one bit of advice is instead of windong it with the handle itself, I grab the middle part of the winder mech like a dial and push it round with my thumb as low as possible on the winding handle. I assume that is what broke on yours @Yukarin?

I may look at getting the TM Speedloader XL although I have to say the tube and plunger supplied do actually work.

One of the handles broke, fitted the second one on, and something internal broke as winding the handle didn't do anything.

Moved onto the TM XL Speedloader which works fine for me (sometimes the handle gets jammed but thats quickly solved), wish I didn't lose the plunger and tube though.