THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

11 hours ago, Kayzeroth said:

oh sorry when i said High Flow Valve im talking about the Nozzle Valve not the valve of the Magazines

aHH gotcha! just purchase one lets see how it goes.

I managed to install the modify tan bucking and prometheus 6.03 350mm (cant remember how long exactly lol). Sadly, i dont have a chrono to check the fps will need to go to my local airsoft shop to test it.

My m4 is almost ready for 13th of July!

1 hour ago, LEGXGPF said:

I am ready for my first upgrade... Wish me luck :D

DSC_0239.thumb.JPG.f17ea91c46c18fe3e519462de57ae588.JPGDSC_0237.thumb.JPG.7e4d583d7bc0203fae53ad9b685dc21f.JPG

Good luck mate, am right behind you (will be doing the same in a few weeks!).  Where did you get the ORGA Lex from?  Can’t find it in stock anywhere so went with the prommy 370mm myself, and waiting for a reply on the supernub.

3 hours ago, RossF said:

Good luck mate, am right behind you (will be doing the same in a few weeks!).  Where did you get the ORGA Lex from?  Can’t find it in stock anywhere so went with the prommy 370mm myself, and waiting for a reply on the supernub.

i got myself a laylax strike hop arm instead of the supernub. If you dont want to wait (like me) you can order the strike hop arm instead :P

3 hours ago, RossF said:

I made it... But honestly at first atempt I didn´t make it well... I made "no Hop Up gun" 🙈🙈🙈 But find out where I made a mistake and  now with 0,36 BB have to low hop up settings a bit. Nice and straight shots 👍

So first step is done. Thank you for every post here and your suggestions.

Next step will be nozzle valve, nozzle springs and sealing buffer 😈😈😈

I bought barrel here: https://www.powair6.com/en/gbb-precision-barrels/5190-orga-lex05-barrel-for-tokyo-marui-m4a1-mws-371mm.html?search_query=ORGA+LEX05+BARREL&results=1276

This one’s embarrassing, but I’m really struggling with gassing up the mag (have a few more on order but just the one for now).

I’m using propane and I have two airsoft innovation prop adapters (one is ten years old, the other brand new) and with both adapters, propane is just spraying everywhere and it seems totally random whether I can get a mag and a half out of a fill or 2-6 shots.  The thing is, this is my second stint at airsoft, I used to play years ago and used propane for my GBB pistols and an MP5K without issue, but can’t remember what I used to do when filling.  Are these mags just particularly annoying or am I forgetting some secret technique!?

Further info - I push lightly and I hear a light hiss.  If I push hard, I sometimes get some spray back. In either case it seems I can do so indefinitely (more than 15 seconds) and it’ll never suddenly start to spill  as if full.  I eventually stop and start firing (after giving them 60 seconds to warm up).

No idea if this mag is a silent fill or not (I understand some do and some don’t).

I haven’t done the green gas mod (yet) as I’m just trying to establish a baseline performance before I start messing with stuff.

If anyone can let me know how they’re getting on with using prop and the AI adapter specifically with these mags that’d be helpful. I might buy some green gas just to check the mag, but I’m pretty sure it’s fine as like I said, I sometimes seem to just get it and then it’ll clear almost 2 mags.

2 minutes ago, RossF said:

This one’s embarrassing, but I’m really struggling with gassing up the mag (have a few more on order but just the one for now).

I’m using propane and I have two airsoft innovation prop adapters (one is ten years old, the other brand new) and with both adapters, propane is just spraying everywhere and it seems totally random whether I can get a mag and a half out of a fill or 2-6 shots.  The thing is, this is my second stint at airsoft, I used to play years ago and used propane for my GBB pistols and an MP5K without issue, but can’t remember what I used to do when filling.  Are these mags just particularly annoying or am I forgetting some secret technique!?

Further info - I push lightly and I hear a light hiss.  If I push hard, I sometimes get some spray back. In either case it seems I can do so indefinitely (more than 15 seconds) and it’ll never suddenly start to spill  as if full.  I eventually stop and start firing (after giving them 60 seconds to warm up).

No idea if this mag is a silent fill or not (I understand some do and some don’t).

I haven’t done the green gas mod (yet) as I’m just trying to establish a baseline performance before I start messing with stuff.

If anyone can let me know how they’re getting on with using prop and the AI adapter specifically with these mags that’d be helpful. I might buy some green gas just to check the mag, but I’m pretty sure it’s fine as like I said, I sometimes seem to just get it and then it’ll clear almost 2 mags.

Had the same problem, but noticed my TM hi-capa magazines take propane perfectly, so I took the fill valve from one of those and swapped it into my MWS magazine, takes propane like a charm. Ordered some Laylax fill valves but havent had the chance to install. In short, MWS fill valves dont like propane but replace it with any OTHER TM fill valve and it takes propane fine.

4 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

Had the same problem, but noticed my TM hi-capa magazines take propane perfectly, so I took the fill valve from one of those and swapped it into my MWS magazine, takes propane like a charm. Ordered some Laylax fill valves but havent had the chance to install. In short, MWS fill valves dont like propane but replace it with any OTHER TM fill valve and it takes propane fine.

That’s annoying, but I’m relieved I’m not just being a moron, I suppose. Thanks for the quick response, green gas it is for now until I can do that! 😤

On 24/06/2019 at 22:01, Kayzeroth said:

oh sorry when i said High Flow Valve im talking about the Nozzle Valve not the valve of the Magazines

I have just received the high flow valve today. but how do i adjust the power? I can see there is a little pin already inserted into one of the holes. do i remove it and put it into a different one to decrease/increase power?

Thanks in advance.

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:37, RossF said:

Is your adapter alu or plastic? 

Mine fill realy bad with an alu adapter, plastic is better but i have the same problem as you never sure when its actually full. I'm gonna place some silent fill o rings monday so maybe this will fix things. I you have gas spitting out your mags aren't silent will ones as you wont see gas spitting out of them. You can clearly hear the gas go into the mag and you won't hear a thing when they are full. (atleast thats how it is with my hi capa mags)

If its worth anything, the MWS magazine I have with the TM Hi-Capa fill valve doesn't have a silent o-ring installed and it takes propane really well (audible hiss, and no visible propane spitting except when the mag was full). Really need to get round to installing the Laylax ones, they were 12 quid a pop for 3 of them and if they do the job like the original TM ones do it would be money well spent.

I have noticed that the intake nozzle on the MWS fill valve is a different size (slightly smaller diameter) to the Hi-Capa ones and I believe this may be why it doesn't like propane adapters.

Quick update if anyone else has this issue. 

I bought some Abbey Vertex Gas and everything is perfect. Hiss but not spitting then after about 7 seconds it spits. Just emptied a mag and a half with no cool down.

FYI I was using the high strength steel prop adapter (both my adapters).

Seems these mags just don’t like propane!

@UKCYukarin why did you go for the £12 Laylax ones rather than just getting the £4 TM ones from fire support? https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-inlet-fill-bottom-valve-for-gbb-pistols

@Wo1f you run propane right, did you have to swap out the fill valves?

Time to join the club I felt after studying the forum for a while. The sixG nub, how long does a response take normally? Hoping to get one to use with the newly released, flamingo bucking. See how they fair together 

DSC_0056.JPG

Congrats @peeved87!

Also thanks for reminding me to add mine to the club.  Standard for now but will be DMR’ing this (hence the short dot scope) once I’ve established a base line performance so I can measure the impact of each upgrade.  Going with the 370mm prommy .03 inner, modify tan bucking and the super nub or the Laylax strike hop arm, then probably a PTS CMR M-Lok 12.5” handguard.  Might do more and go longer in the future.

First impressions of the stock gun are overwhelmingly positive, absolutely love the sound of this and the kick. Definitely can never go back to an AEG again. Skirmishable GBBRs was the main reason I got back into airsoft, and holy crap has this gun justified a very expensive month kitting back up.

Groupings have really impressed me, but then I’ve been out of the game for a few years so my memory of stock aeg performance isn’t so sharp. I’ve been able to hit a 2.5x2.5” target at around 18m 70% of the time (from prone, 5 seconds between shots, no bipod, not the steadiest of hands) which I thought was pretty sweet.  With the hop barely dialled on it’s slightly over hopping .28s at about 20m.

Same with build quality, no wobble anywhere but the stock which I always think is pretty acceptable for a big plastic movable part and the Colt trades are beaut. Opening it up has been easy and I’m actually feeling pretty confident stripping this thing down and upgrading it myself (something I’ve never dared do with my AEGs or even my GBB pistols previously).

FPS - on propane I was getting around 310-315fps. Abbey Predator Vertex shooting between 287-291fps.  A few mags have gone through between testing though so maybe the slight drop is everything bedding in.

Overall, so into this gun and can’t recommend enough for anybody looking for their first GBBR (and from what I’ve read of others experiences, anyone looking for a GBBR generally).

Worth pointing out that this thread is largely responsible for me getting this gun as it gave me the confidence it wouldn’t just be endless trouble shooting, inconsistent shots (aka impossible to DMR) and relentless breakages like GBBRs from when I played before. And the Eagle6 takedown YouTube videos likewise were real helpful in giving me the confidence that I can deal with whatever this gun throws at me!

Can’t wait for my first game with this! On that actually, I’m having to wait for my mags to arrive from Rainbow 8 as nowhere UK based have them in stock! Apparently this is because TM no longer produce them, instead they’re calling the Type 89 mags Type 89/M4, which sucks because they’re a more bluey, satin finish rather than the matt grey finish.

548832D0-11CC-4B70-AC3D-4B6EE8DEDFDC.jpeg

• Supporters
On 25/06/2019 at 14:17, bapexxx said:

i got myself a laylax strike hop arm instead of the supernub. If you dont want to wait (like me) you can order the strike hop arm instead :P

How is it for you?

John ( tech) from Wolf Armouries advised me to get the Strike Hop up arm instead of the Six G nub, he wasnt dissiing the SixG. He just said he has had very good experiences with the Laylax arm.

Anyone else use the Laylax Hop Up Arm? I got one in the end and i am thinking of installing it. Going to a game on Sunday and will be using 0.28g BBs. Is the stock hop up nub able to lift this weight?

26 minutes ago, Shizbazki said:

How is it for you?

John ( tech) from Wolf Armouries advised me to get the Strike Hop up arm instead of the Six G nub, he wasnt dissiing the SixG. He just said he has had very good experiences with the Laylax arm.

Anyone else use the Laylax Hop Up Arm? I got one in the end and i am thinking of installing it. Going to a game on Sunday and will be using 0.28g BBs. Is the stock hop up nub able to lift this weight?

Trawling through this thread it seems the collective agreement is that the stock nub will hop up to .28 but no heavier, but I’ve also heard anecdotally that it will hop beyond this.  In my experience, with very little hop (maybe two clicks from off) I’m over hopping .28s @ 20m.

3 hours ago, RossF said:

I bought some Abbey Vertex Gas and everything is perfect. Hiss but not spitting then after about 7 seconds it spits. Just emptied a mag and a half with no cool down.

@UKCYukarin why did you go for the £12 Laylax ones rather than just getting the £4 TM ones from fire support? https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-inlet-fill-bottom-valve-for-gbb-pistols

£12 for 3 valves. Plus i didn't see the original TM ones. Probably a safer bet (to go with TM)?

4 hours ago, peeved87 said:

Time to join the club I felt after studying the forum for a while. The sixG nub, how long does a response take normally? Hoping to get one to use with the newly released, flamingo bucking. See how they fair together 

DSC_0056.JPG

what mag is that o_O?

It's the armorer works Ar drum mag for we gbb

However it's going to be beautifully cut and shut with the marui mag for bonus time away from milsim 

Rocketdogbert has made some great examples 

13 hours ago, RossF said:

I'm 90% sure it's the adapter, the mws mags don't like steel adapters. Try the plastic one it should work way better! A lot of people run their mws on propne (it's basically the same as green gas but with an added smell for safety reasons in industrial use and added silicon oil. Your bucking doesn't like silicon so better of using it without. 

18 hours ago, RossF said:

No, I’ve never altered any of the valves on the magazines besides doing the green gas mod. 

18 hours ago, peeved87 said:

DSC_0056.JPG

With the flamingo you want a long contact patch concave nub. A maple leaf omega or a T nub will be a good start. 

20 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

which propane adapter were you using?

I use a madbull "metal" adapter... I wouldn't go as far as to say it's anything like steel as they are about fragile. but that works well for me, the mags should be fine on propane too... or at least that's my experience anyway. 🙂

I have always used propane and always with the tan plastic airsoft innovations adapter. No issues on any TM or WE gbbr or pistol mags 

3 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

which propane adapter were you using?

I use a madbull "metal" adapter... I wouldn't go as far as to say it's anything like steel as they are about fragile. but that works well for me, the mags should be fine on propane too... or at least that's my experience anyway. 🙂

using the plastic airsoft innovations one. tm mws magazines are the only gas mags that seem to have a problem with it for me.

that's a strange one then @UKCYukarin most people seem to get on with them... there's not really anything I can add unfortunately. apart from possibly try a brand new can of propane. 

one thing I will say is that the mws mags hiss when filling(or at least mine do) and that's completely normal for TM mags I'm led to believe. just keep going until you actually see a cloud squirting out... I don't know, but that might make a difference?

10 minutes ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

that's a strange one then @UKCYukarin most people seem to get on with them... there's not really anything I can add unfortunately. apart from possibly try a brand new can of propane. 

one thing I will say is that the mws mags hiss when filling(or at least mine do) and that's completely normal for TM mags I'm led to believe. just keep going until you actually see a cloud squirting out... I don't know, but that might make a difference?

ive already fixed the issue by replacing the valves, the MWS are different sizes internally to my hi-capa ones.

my issue has been resolved myself and was just giving advice to someone who was having a similar issue.