Jump to content
Wo1f

THE TM MWS thread

Recommended Posts

when do you guys feel the need to clean and lube everything up?

after every game, after every x games, after x shots?

 

went to my first game with the mws and it performed so lovely :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do mine when I feel it needs it... super helpful I know 😂

 

but basically this is a quick clean after most games to get any dust and muck out and re-oil or a more thorough clean with a barrel clean, wipe off any old lube then a full teflon spray on the trigger group and re-oil to displace any water or dirt if the weather conditions were awful, like the rain all day last Saturday, or if it's really dusty etc.

 

I'm sure others have their own routines though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do mine after every game, always a bit grubby in there.  I have a modify tan hop rubber which shows the dirt up easily and the gas I'm  using is a little dirty so I just clean the hop rubber and barrel with isopropyl alcohol, then degrease the receiver and bolt, then re-lube all the bits that touch with two different dry lubes, thinner wd40 dry on the bolt outer, with thicker teflon dry lube made by finish line for bicycle chains on the firing mechanism and on the groove the cocking handle runs in to make it smoother action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

I am getting back into airsoft and getting my tm m4 mws ready.
I have recently purchased the PTS EPG pistol grip (GBB version) for my M4. There is a washer and a little cog/gear thing that comes with the pistol grip.

Now the question is where should I install the washer and that tiny gear/cog thing or whatever it is called?

 

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

Hi everyone,

I am getting back into airsoft and getting my tm m4 mws ready.
I have recently purchased the PTS EPG pistol grip (GBB version) for my M4. There is a washer and a little cog/gear thing that comes with the pistol grip.

Now the question is where should I install the washer and that tiny gear/cog thing or whatever it is called?

 

Thanks in advance.

the small cog is called a star washer and fits directly under the mounting bolt to stop it vibrating loose.

 

I hope that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

the small cog is called a star washer and fits directly under the mounting bolt to stop it vibrating loose.

 

I hope that helps.

ahhh! gotcha! thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry for another possibly a noob question...

I have just install the laylax bad level on my m4 and now the bolt catch isnt catching lol.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys new mws owner here and also new forum member, iam happy to join your mws team...sorry if my English isn’t perfect.

So what’s your opinion for the Tokyo arms multi length cnc outer barrel , how it fits the upper receiver? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried installing a BAD lever on my MWS too, it doesn't allow the bolt catch to engage properly either, I've tried filling the lever for a better fit, but I have a theory that its the weight of the lever that stops the bolt catch from engaging properly. I'm yet to find a solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 So this happened. Modify tan just crapped on me after like 300 rounds. Back to TM I guess. I'm thinking a lemon? I used only Geoffs and g&g bbs. It was definitely working and definitely installed right. The nub is the six g one. 

 

 

Dayum

IMG_20190611_224050_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Katana said:

 So this happened. Modify tan just crapped on me after like 300 rounds. Back to TM I guess. I'm thinking a lemon? I used only Geoffs and g&g bbs. It was definitely working and definitely installed right. The nub is the six g one. 

 

 

Dayum

IMG_20190611_224050_1.jpg

 

So my first one crapped out pretty quickly - tore inside. I installed my second one the other day to give it another go and I had terrible feeding issues. 2 out of 5 shots dribbled out of the barrel. I wonder if their quality control has gone down the pan or something. 

 

I have been having luck with a Maple leaf autobot (slightly modified) so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

I tried installing a BAD lever on my MWS too, it doesn't allow the bolt catch to engage properly either, I've tried filling the lever for a better fit, but I have a theory that its the weight of the lever that stops the bolt catch from engaging properly. I'm yet to find a solution.

I have a feeling that might be the case as well. maybe we can somehow change the spring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bapexxx said:

I have a feeling that might be the case as well. maybe we can somehow change the spring?

I think its to do with the magazine pushing the bolt catch up, you can still lock back the bolt with the lever on by pushing up on the lever. I think the follower on the magazine doesn't have enough force behind it to lift the lever. Might require shimming the bolt catch or magazine follower, but thats complete speculation.

 

Edit: AND problem solved! See pic related, i wrapped a layer of electrical tape completely around the part that engages the bolt catch (interfaces with the magazine follower). Bolt catch works fine with the BAD lever now, just had to get my lazy ass to do it.

20190612_005452.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

I think its to do with the magazine pushing the bolt catch up, you can still lock back the bolt with the lever on by pushing up on the lever. I think the follower on the magazine doesn't have enough force behind it to lift the lever. Might require shimming the bolt catch or magazine follower, but thats complete speculation.

 

Edit: AND problem solved! See pic related, i wrapped a layer of electrical tape completely around the part that engages the bolt catch (interfaces with the magazine follower). Bolt catch works fine with the BAD lever now, just had to get my lazy ass to do it.

20190612_005452.jpg

NICE! will try later! thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

NICE! will try later! thanks!

Let me know how it goes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Katana said:

 So this happened. Modify tan just crapped on me after like 300 rounds. Back to TM I guess. I'm thinking a lemon? I used only Geoffs and g&g bbs. It was definitely working and definitely installed right. The nub is the six g one. 

 

 

Dayum

IMG_20190611_224050_1.jpg

that sucks man :( 

i haven't put mine in yet, really doubting if i should though now.

 

Someone told me he sixgnub might cause rupture of the bucking. you think it might have caused it? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, itsme said:

that sucks man :( 

i haven't put mine in yet, really doubting if i should though now.

 

Someone told me he sixgnub might cause rupture of the bucking. you think it might have caused it? 

 

It's possible, overhoping and metal against rubber could cause damage like that I guess. Looks like it has been torn exactly where the bump is? My modify tan is looking really scrappy after maybe 100-200 shots as well 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Fissure said:

It's possible, overhoping and metal against rubber could cause damage like that I guess. Looks like it has been torn exactly where the bump is? My modify tan is looking really scrappy after maybe 100-200 shots as well 😕

 

What bb weight were you using? 

Did you stay away from silicon oil with the bucking? 

i've been told there are other nubs made out of another material which are hard but not as hard as brass which could do the job. (probably not lifting .45 though 😛 )

 

only 200 shots is really bad but it's weird other people are reporting very good results. maybe it was a lemon, im really wondering now. 

 

I haven't bought the sixg nub yet as its pretty steep priced for non UK customers. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, itsme said:

 

What bb weight were you using? 

Did you stay away from silicon oil with the bucking? 

i've been told there are other nubs made out of another material which are hard but not as hard as brass which could do the job. (probably not lifting .45 though 😛 )

 

only 200 shots is really bad but it's weird other people are reporting very good results. maybe it was a lemon, im really wondering now. 

 

I haven't bought the sixg nub yet as its pretty steep priced for non UK customers. 

 

 

 

 

Only bb's I used were G&G and Geoff's. Both very good brands. The TM Bucking has lasted past 1000 rounds easy so no reason why the modify tan should die after a few hundred.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Katana it shouldn't rupture after only 200 shots, but can you tell me what bb weight u used? .25   .30 or heavier? 

 

do you still have your tm bucking to replace it with? did you use the supernub with the tm bucking aswel and do you see any wear and tear? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the sixG nub with both the modify tan and the TM. The TM is still going strong. I was using both 0.3g and 0.32g bb's, no obvious wear on the TM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Katana guess we can say it's not the nub that's causing the tear on the bucking. Probably the modify bucking is a lemon or their quality control is shite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anybody confirm that any outerbarrel wil fit the MWS or do i need to look for something in particular, ive seen the post on one of the first pages from @Wo1f where he states that the dytac has a wider "lip" so aftermarket rails will fit without pts ring. I'm looking for a 7 or 8" barrel/rail.

will any brand do or does it have to be a dytac? I really want a heat treated outer barrel, any tips? 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

I think its to do with the magazine pushing the bolt catch up, you can still lock back the bolt with the lever on by pushing up on the lever. I think the follower on the magazine doesn't have enough force behind it to lift the lever. Might require shimming the bolt catch or magazine follower, but thats complete speculation.

 

Edit: AND problem solved! See pic related, i wrapped a layer of electrical tape completely around the part that engages the bolt catch (interfaces with the magazine follower). Bolt catch works fine with the BAD lever now, just had to get my lazy ass to do it.

20190612_005452.jpg

Im gonnna try doing it tonight. did u need to remove everything or u managed to just stick a layer of electric tape around it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...