THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

15 hours ago, Davegolf said:

@RobHedley I would advise against using BIO BBs in any GBB gun unless it is stipulated by the site, BIOs are generally softer and not strong enough to put up with the abuse a GBB dishes out during the rather violent loading process.

Try running some more powerful gas, that will help with hop and BB weight.

The MWS is pretty robust and will tolerate powerful gas.

Cheers @Davegolf I will switch back to normal BBs.

Gas wise I have a full can of Guarder Power Up Gas that I could use. I will be playing in the Tunnels down in Portsmouth on Wednesday which can be pretty cold. My MWS was chronoing on the Abbey Vortex Gas at 270 fps so there is a bit of movement available. Hopefully the new barrel and the stronger gas won't push it over 350 fps?

Hey guys , any question.... Change inner barrel to PDI 6.01 is good upgrade ??? 

I wasn’t a fan of my PDI raven barrel. The hop window is tiny

Green gas mod done. And finally service and tighten up the knocker valves so they don’t leak my precious gas! Very happy I got the right tool now. 

in response to @Davegolf yeah, I had the whole tube removed from the lower. She’s stuck in there good!

740A9A56-6F91-45DC-8311-F6AE166E40A5.jpeg

1 minute ago, LVOA-D said:

@Cipher-032 Nice job man! Have fun getting the springs back in 🤣. God I hate putting the springs back in!

Tell me about it!
Done this job once before but with only flap blade screw drivers. I was rushing and got quickly frustrated. First mag I did I kept calm and composed and got it all done in one hit!

Hello guys, new member to the forum and new mws owner. I was wondering if it is possible to make a folding stock attachment fit to my mws, but so far my internet research skills didn’t get me quite far. 

I found this one: 

https://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=29_33&products_id=13276&osCsid=344uvkad5pdppjq15kquvhnrp7

would this work? 

No really sure if I like the classic fsp, maybe going to change the rail. Let me know if you have some awesome ideas! 

Thanks in advance! 

F5E3CB77-8A74-4F5F-840C-0E0C8FC6C82D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cipher-032 said:

Tell me about it!
Done this job once before but with only flap blade screw drivers. I was rushing and got quickly frustrated. First mag I did I kept calm and composed and got it all done in one hit!

I always rush and thus always get frustrated, hence I nearly lost an eye trying to get the spring back in 🤣.

@Lauwie Welcome to the forums mate, nice setup you got going on! About the folding adapter, it should work but it looks like really cheap metal, not sure if it actually is, but I wouldn't trust it to be honest. I will keep an eye out for something like that though!

Ok so I’m ordering the cqbr Tomorrow from another vendor because the other one cant deliver but id like to order Some stuff I really need as spare Parts but what should I get?

Shopping cart:

1 cqbr 

3 mags

valve key

buffer nut wrench

magazine orings 

I need replacement parts for the shit that has the most chance to break so i don't have to wait weeks to get them when it breaks.

so exciteddd for the rif :D 

Replacement grip, trigger guard, charging handle, flash hider, suppressor and stock ordered. The stock is unfortunately going to be a while before making an appearance but getting there slowly.

I'm still undecided on whether or not I want to pick up a B.A.D. Lever but I know I wouldn't mind finding a different bolt release. I'm also debating grabbing some mag assists and a coupler for some of my magazines but this is relatively low priority.

All in all I must admit that I love some of the builds in this thread, there's a great bit of variety and the wealth of information is absolutely invaluable.

Wifey gonna kill me 🤫

TM CQBR on the way! 

Thanks everybody for all the info you gave me! 

On 21/05/2019 at 18:06, itsme said:

@marine

your fps wil probably increase but your accuracy will be less. (That’s what I understood from a previous post.)

Hey , can you show me these post ? 

On 21/05/2019 at 19:16, Wo1f said:

I wasn’t a fan of my PDI raven barrel. The hop window is tiny

I speak PDI , Not PDI Raven ... these is lowcost pdi ...

on the other hand I ´m thinking install Rhop in PDI

Thinking out loud here and after noticing a complete lack of spare upper recievers for MWS's at the moment.

If I was to buy and and split a MWS would anyone be interested in A) a complete lower, B) a front end including inner barrel but without hop unit? How much would people see as reasonable pricing and which model would be more desirable from the point of view of selling the front end? 

1 hour ago, hunter511 said:

Thinking out loud here and after noticing a complete lack of spare upper recievers for MWS's at the moment.

If I was to buy and and split a MWS would anyone be interested in A) a complete lower, B) a front end including inner barrel but without hop unit? How much would people see as reasonable pricing and which model would be more desirable from the point of view of selling the front end? 

Will probably be a difficult affair. If anyone does run multiple builds they generally do that on 1 lower. So to sale the lower you’d basically have to hope someone with multiple builds gets sick of switching the uppers every time he wants a different role / look. The front end will probably be a bit easier but pretty much every MWS comes with that rail already. Only thing I’d see selling quickly is, if you take the M4A1 is the outer barrel for people who want to change to lengthier setup(or vice versa).

Those are actually the main reasons why I went with the John Wick set. The things in that set and which I don’t intend on using are fairly unique and probably have a higher resale value. But that is just my two cents!

So, been having fun with my vanilla MTR for some time, and decided to upgrade it this week. Orga 410 6.05, Modify Tan buck and the magical nub. 

Will be battle tested next week. 

IMG_20190523_193442.jpg

9 hours ago, Hopegreen said:

Hi guys!

New lad here from Spain.

Having the MWS CQBR for almost half a year I decided to join this club officially.

I read all the posts from the beginning and I decided to share with you some recent pics of my two tastes of CQBR.

One for short distances cqb and another one for open field.

Both currently with oem inner barrel, modify tan and custom hop up arms without nub. Using Geoffs BBs 0,30 and waiting for PDI precision 6,01 inner barrel.

Will post the results here to help if possible.

PS: @marine finally you're not alone 

Foto 23-5-19 22 15 41.jpg

Foto 23-5-19 22 15 16.jpg

Foto 23-5-19 22 16 30.jpg

Foto_23-5-19_22_16_08.jpg

That cqb one looks really good. what rail and silencer are you using? 

Did you fit it on there with the pts adapter? 

Really lik the stock aswel!

1 hour ago, itsme said:

That cqb one looks really good. what rail and silencer are you using? 

Did you fit it on there with the pts adapter? 

Really lik the stock aswel!

Thank you @itsme,

Answering your questions, the rail is from a krytac pdw and I make my own washer to fit the barrel nut. 

The silencer is a total fake.

The outer barrel is the oem thus I emptied the silencer, removed one of the ends and I’m passing through the silencer, threading the outer barrel at the end of it (don’t know if I explained it well, attached a photo to show the end of the silencer). It is a FMA 35x198 chopped to fit exactly where I want.  

The stock is from red wolf airsoft and needs some love to fit properly.

FD0996B1-18D4-471C-A778-4263AFF80735.jpeg

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:08, Wo1f said:
1 hour ago, Hopegreen said:

Thank you @itsme,

Answering your questions, the rail is from a krytac pdw and I make my own washer to fit the barrel nut.  

The silencer is a total fake.

The outer barrel is the oem thus I emptied the silencer, removed one of the ends and I’m passing through the silencer, threading the outer barrel at the end of it (don’t know if I explained it well, attached a photo to show the end of the silencer). It is a FMA 35x198 chopped to fit exactly where I want.  

The stock is from red wolf airsoft and needs some love to fit properly.

FD0996B1-18D4-471C-A778-4263AFF80735.jpeg

I had the same issue with a z parts suppressor

Looks really good bro. 

My cqbr will arrive on monday, super siked! 

Another question @Wo1f might be able to help on this. 

I've been talking to repairsoft (well known airsoft repair/custom builder in belgium) and he tells me the brass nub will cut in the bucking thus damaging it. 

What do you guys think? 

Would a harder rubber nub be a solution? 

Cheers

@itsme Not wanting to answer for @Wo1f as he is the originator and a huge font of knowledge but I can't see how it could cut the bucking. The edges are not severe enough and the distance the bucking will push into the concave is not enough to cause damage. Just my opinion of course.

On another note, having changed my barrel from standard to an Olga 6.05 250mm with the Modify Tan bucking and SixG super nub. I was wondering how it would increase my FPS. Having been cronoed the previous week at UCAP The Bunker using Abbey Vortex with .2 tracers at 270 FPS. Back at The Bunker on Wednesday using the same gas and the same .2 tracers it is now coming out as 300 fps with a deviation of 2 fps either way over 10 shots. Very consistent. 

One moment of note, I was guarding an objective and aiming down a long tunnel. We could see the enemy creeping along in the dark. One of my team mates stated "Don't fire yet as you wont reach them". Basically he had just shot and reached about half way (He had spent 5 minutes listing all the upgrades he had fitted whilst in game!). Like a red rag to a bull, I took aim and fired a single tracer round, it rocketed down the tunnel with no deviation, sailed past the point matey boy's AEG shot dropped to the floor and cracked the lead guy in the chest plate. "Hit"... and the rest of the tangos scurried off into the darkness. Followed by a "Hmmm, wow" from the guy behind me. He collared me in the safe zone asking question after question. We may have another convert.