THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hey Dave,

Long time no speak.

I was using Abbey Predator Ultra Red Gas, .32 non bio BBs. The temp today here is around 18 -19 degrees and it has an Orga 6.05 10.5 inch inner barrel.

Indeed, like me you havent been out and played in a while!

Your FPS is about right on with that barrel length, if you were running a 370 you would be 400-425 fps

I am sure I do have 370 somewhere. I will see if I can dig it out.

Cheer mate

Does anybody have a G&P G-Mag?

Picked one up recently and it’s having trouble locking the bolt back, not just on the last shot but on an empty mag.

Standard mags work fine, just ran 3 separate ones though it.

*EDIT - Nvm, found the reason 😩

C5FA1CC9-41D3-4FE6-99A9-EA4AC299D26E.thumb.jpeg.d663e5261f61bb9121bfa8366c15598b.jpeg

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

Just brought a MWS (my first GBBR), on the hunt for a sling plate and decent sling for it now.  Great thread here, I've read a chunk of it 🙂

I can whole heartedly recommend a TacBelts minimalist sling, super simple, quality is top notch and you won’t need to worry about mounting hardware.

Can’t go wrong with a ferro sling either, they are very popular for a reason.

I think it was mentioned waaaaay back in this thread but I had an Ergo “gapper” turn up today.

It sits in the tiny but annoying gap between the trigger guard and pistol grip, not an issue if your running a BCM MOD 3 but it’s made a massive difference for me running a smaller reptillia grip.

Would highly recommend for £6 or so.

Hello, I have recently joined the MWS club and bought the M4A1 and the MK18. The M4 have just few mags shot and I have a serious issue with the MK18, just after 8 mags. After finishing the 8th mag on full auto, the bolt failed to return fully, looks like the nozzle tip hit the hop chamber and get deformed slightly. Ever since then, the gun gets jammed after few shots. I am using green gas and 0,25 guarder BBs. After that I tried also the high polished bio BBs, same story. I am very surprised, been using GBB from Marui for ages and never had any issues….. I am looking for a replacement nozzle but mainly the dynamic precission ones are available. Are they any good ? Below a pic of my badboys:

448005EA-2B37-485D-B7D2-4E9D658B3AF8.jpeg

No, if you take the nozzle out of the bolt youll see a 17mm ish diameter cup seal, if that runs dry youll get issues.

Or easy diagnostic, swap the bolt between your guns and see if the problem moves to the other gun ;)

Guest Mr. No_Face
37 minutes ago, NoRo said:

Hello, I have recently joined the MWS club and bought the M4A1 and the MK18. The M4 have just few mags shot and I have a serious issue with the MK18, just after 8 mags. After finishing the 8th mag on full auto, the bolt failed to return fully, looks like the nozzle tip hit the hop chamber and get deformed slightly. Ever since then, the gun gets jammed after few shots. I am using green gas and 0,25 guarder BBs. After that I tried also the high polished bio BBs, same story. I am very surprised, been using GBB from Marui for ages and never had any issues….. I am looking for a replacement nozzle but mainly the dynamic precission ones are available. Are they any good ? Below a pic of my badboys:

loop

If you're nozzle is deformed in anyway, you will not get reliable feeds (If any). I had a similar problem using mine on it's first game day. Bolt failed to return properly, followed by a series of jams. When I inspected the nozzle it was deformed and had to be replaced. I've went through 3 nozzles, under 1000 rounds and in under just 2 month's of having the rig. You're going to need to buy a few nozzles and keep them as backup because they're extremely fragile even the ones that claim to be reinforced like the DP line. 

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Hi! Yes the DP and Modify nozzles work OK.

Is the piston lid seal sufficiently greased?

Have you used the DP before?

Had 2 arrive recently to replace a damaged original and found that the valve was too tight and stuck due to what I assume is slightly off spec tolerance inside the nozzle.

Yes have used DP, sadly airsoft is airsoft and QC varies weekly.

You may just have had moulding burrs or something??

Ultimately keep these gats lubed and free from debris and theyll truck on, run dry, shit BBs or dirty mag/feed lips etc and its a lottery.

I do wish TM would up the spares supply!

Hello MWS'ers!

Update. I managed to remove the safety and now everything is in order again.

I received the Guns Modify EVO drop-in steel trigger box set today and just installed it tonight. After reinstalling my safety, I simply can't flick it to auto -- it won't budge past semi. This poses two problems: 1) I can't select full auto, and 2) I can't uninstall the safety again. Does anyone know how to get around this? It's a bit of an issue, as I need to remove the trigger box again to fix yet another issue, namely that the ZET plate seems to be misaligned ever so slightly with the bolt catch which causes the ZET plate to roll off of the bolt catch and then jam the catch (during firing). I used the original ZET plate, but the GM kit comes with its own -- so that might be the issue here. In any case, if someone has any tricks up their sleeve, do let me know.

Edited by demandt
Grammar

On 13/06/2022 at 09:32, SilentSparky said:

Just brought a MWS (my first GBBR), on the hunt for a sling plate and decent sling for it now.  Great thread here, I've read a chunk of it 🙂

I'd recommend Warrior QRS Fastex Sling from Warrior Assault Systems, it's a solid but simple sling. With a decent plate carrier, I'm using the laser cut one from WAS again, it won't go wrong.

Real steel stuff rulez, and the money is not really biggie I reckon.

On 13/06/2022 at 09:32, SilentSparky said:

I'd suggest going real steel sling wise so you don't end up spending loads an a rif and then bouncing it off the floor when the cheap sling fails.

I'm using a 5.11 padded vtac 2 point and it's great with the weight of gbbrs.

I have fixed the damaged nozzle tip with a sand paper to make it smooth and even and it works ok. 150 round through without a single jam. Green gas, 22*C. I am still however looking for a spare nozzle just in case. I cannot find the original Marui ones, DP are hit and miss from what I have read. What about the G&P reinforced ones ? 

Hi all. 

Thought this would be the best place to ask. 
I recently upgraded a TM MTR and it ran like a dream for a game. Pin point accurate, excellent range and power. It went away after the game and I broke it out for some further testing today. What I found was major hop issues. After a few shots it was like the hop was winding off completely. 

Turn it back on and set it, a few shots later it’s wound off again, nose diving rounds. 

I will be stripping it down to see if anything is a miss but before I do I thought I would ask here to see if this was a problem someone else had faced that may be able to relieve the upcoming process. 

thanks in advance. 

31 minutes ago, Gash said:

Hi all. 

Thought this would be the best place to ask. 
I recently upgraded a TM MTR and it ran like a dream for a game. Pin point accurate, excellent range and power. It went away after the game and I broke it out for some further testing today. What I found was major hop issues. After a few shots it was like the hop was winding off completely. 

Turn it back on and set it, a few shots later it’s wound off again, nose diving rounds. 

I will be stripping it down to see if anything is a miss but before I do I thought I would ask here to see if this was a problem someone else had faced that may be able to relieve the upcoming process. 

thanks in advance. 

When you say upgraded, what have you changed from standard TM parts?

4 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

When you say upgraded, what have you changed from standard TM parts?

Maple Leaf Crazy Jet barrel. 
Firefly Medium bucking (I know this really needs swapping out for a harder one whilst running heavier rounds). 
SixG brass nub. 
G&P high flow nozzle valve. 
dynamic precision piston seal. 
SixG buffer dampener. 

Like I say, it was flawless for a whole day then when got back out today it was failing. Could it be as simple as the rubber being to soft and has been battered by the power and round weight or is it something more sinister.